- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Nightlife on Kauai
Kaua‘i might not be the right Hawaiian Island if nightlife is what you’re seeking. Most establishments close by 8 or 9 p.m. and residents are usually tucked in bed well before you might feel the urge to start your evening festivities. That said, there are venues that provide nighttime entertainment around the island, even if they’re few and far between.
One of the most popular nightlife hangouts is located on the north shore. Tahiti Nui, made famous in recent years by the movie, “The Descendants,” is a spot that’s almost always happening. A crowd regularly gathers here for a no-frills experience and to enjoy local music. Even though it’s known to get a little rowdy, this is one of the only places open late on island and sometimes well into the wee hours of the morning.
If you’re looking for more sophistication, head to Bar Acuda in Hanalei, right across the street. Here, you can order from a vast selection of wine and beers, as well as craft cocktails. But, beware: it’s almost always a full house and you may have to wait a while for a seat at the bar.
On the east side of the island, Trees Lounge is another option for musical entertainment, food and drinks. They also have a significant space for dancing, and it’s here that many residents on Kaua‘i prefer to unwind after a long work day. This establishment is also open late, with some musicians beginning their sets at 9 p.m.
Imbibing may not be your nightlife vibe. If so, then seeking out a local theatrical production at Kaua‘i Community College Performing Arts Center or attending one of the weekly art festivals across the island might be more your style. Hanapepe, for example, hosts an Art Night every Friday where food is ample and stores stay open late.
It might not be as easy to find, but Kaua‘i does offer a night scene where you’ll find entertainment or just plain get your groove on.
Visit Pearl Harbor and take a city tour of Honolulu. Flight/transport included.
Reserve Kauai Sea Tours Catamaran or Raft adventure to encounter Dolphins & Whalewatch (Dec-March)
Anaina Hou Mini Golf & Gardens - not your typical miniture golf course!
Book 2 tours and get 15% off the second tour!
"Guaranteed" dolphin sighting plus snorkeling tour along Kauai's famous Na Pali Coast. $10 off early online bookings.
- Airport-Hotel Express Shuttle Service – Honolulu, Kahului, Lihue and Kona!
- Visit the USS Arizona Memorial & USS Missouri and take a city tour of Honolulu from $97.99. Tours from Maui, Kauai and Big Island start at $329.99.
- Explore Kauai’s remote Nualolo Kai ancient site and beach on a Kauai Sea Tours Napali Raft Adventure: Book online - Save $10!
- Locally owned and operated, Island Helicopters has nearly 40 years in the tourism industry on the Garden Island of Kauai.
- Choose from over 300 Hawaiian island tours; relive history at Pearl Harbor, snorkle beautiful reefs, experience luaus, visit ancient volcanos & more!
- Luxury vacation rentals on the golden Kona Coast - BOOK NOW!
- NEW! Exclusive, in-depth volcano and lava tube experience!
- From $1,009 - Oahu & Kauai, 6-Nt Multi-Island Adventure
- $25 heirloom sugar cane rum tasting tour - BOOK NOW!
- Experience tradition from farm to cup. Buy 100% Kona Coffee.
- Experience Live Chocolate Tree Orchard on O`ahu & Save 10%
- Save $20! Pre-buy breakfast, car & parking at Royal Kona
- Oceanfront Royal Kona Resort – Aloha Rates from $155/nt
- Shop rates w/3 car rental partners. Receive a discount
- Make a Play Date with a Dolphin at Dolphin Quest Hawaii