- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Nightlife on Kauai
Kaua‘i might not be the right Hawaiian Island if nightlife is what you’re seeking. Most establishments close by 8 or 9 p.m. and residents are usually tucked in bed well before you might feel the urge to start your evening festivities. That said, there are venues that provide nighttime entertainment around the island, even if they’re few and far between.
One of the most popular nightlife hangouts is located on the north shore. Tahiti Nui, made famous in recent years by the movie, “The Descendants,” is a spot that’s almost always happening. A crowd regularly gathers here for a no-frills experience and to enjoy local music. Even though it’s known to get a little rowdy, this is one of the only places open late on island and sometimes well into the wee hours of the morning.
If you’re looking for more sophistication, head to Bar Acuda in Hanalei, right across the street. Here, you can order from a vast selection of wine and beers, as well as craft cocktails. But, beware: it’s almost always a full house and you may have to wait a while for a seat at the bar.
On the east side of the island, Trees Lounge is another option for musical entertainment, food and drinks. They also have a significant space for dancing, and it’s here that many residents on Kaua‘i prefer to unwind after a long work day. This establishment is also open late, with some musicians beginning their sets at 9 p.m.
Imbibing may not be your nightlife vibe. If so, then seeking out a local theatrical production at Kaua‘i Community College Performing Arts Center or attending one of the weekly art festivals across the island might be more your style. Hanapepe, for example, hosts an Art Night every Friday where food is ample and stores stay open late.
It might not be as easy to find, but Kaua‘i does offer a night scene where you’ll find entertainment or just plain get your groove on.
Kauai Sea Tours will make it the Best Day of your vacation! Reserve now!
Book 2 tours and get 15% off the second tour!
Self-guided day trip packages available from Maui, Kauai and Big Island. Includes flight, car and Arizona Memorial.
Visit Pearl Harbor and take a tour of Oahu Island. Flight/transport included.
Visit Pearl Harbor and take a city tour of Honolulu. Flight/transport included.
- Order your Wedding Leis at HawaiiFlowerLei.com. Fresh, custom made Wedding Leis hand delivered or shipped in our exclusive lei cooler, Nationwide!
- Book online & get up to 20% off with travel now to 12-20-19
- Locally owned and operated, Island Helicopters has nearly 40 years in the tourism industry on the Garden Island of Kauai.
- Island Helicopters offers unique tours around this tropical paradise; including one of Hawaii’s most elite tours, the Jurassic Falls Landing Adventure
- $10 off your NĀ PALI COAST RAFT ADVENTURE with Nā Pali Riders
- Volunteer for fun & impactful activities with travel2change!
- Special online rates for Voyagers of the Pacific: $78 pp
- "GUARANTEED" Dolphin Tour with Snorkeling Na Pali
- Kona Coast Vacation rentals from $89/night - BOOK NOW!
- Legends of Kāʻanapali Luau - starting from $105
- Ali'i Kayaks – the best way to explore Wailua River
- Two Beach Chairs and One Umbrella $25 Deal
- Make a Play Date with a Dolphin at Dolphin Quest Hawaii
- From $149 - Friday night Waikiki fireworks dinner cruise
- Mike's Huli Chicken: Treat yourself to Hawaii's best Huli chicken!