- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Nightlife on Kauai
Kaua‘i might not be the right Hawaiian Island if nightlife is what you’re seeking. Most establishments close by 8 or 9 p.m. and residents are usually tucked in bed well before you might feel the urge to start your evening festivities. That said, there are venues that provide nighttime entertainment around the island, even if they’re few and far between.
One of the most popular nightlife hangouts is located on the north shore. Tahiti Nui, made famous in recent years by the movie, “The Descendants,” is a spot that’s almost always happening. A crowd regularly gathers here for a no-frills experience and to enjoy local music. Even though it’s known to get a little rowdy, this is one of the only places open late on island and sometimes well into the wee hours of the morning.
If you’re looking for more sophistication, head to Bar Acuda in Hanalei, right across the street. Here, you can order from a vast selection of wine and beers, as well as craft cocktails. But, beware: it’s almost always a full house and you may have to wait a while for a seat at the bar.
On the east side of the island, Trees Lounge is another option for musical entertainment, food and drinks. They also have a significant space for dancing, and it’s here that many residents on Kaua‘i prefer to unwind after a long work day. This establishment is also open late, with some musicians beginning their sets at 9 p.m.
Imbibing may not be your nightlife vibe. If so, then seeking out a local theatrical production at Kaua‘i Community College Performing Arts Center or attending one of the weekly art festivals across the island might be more your style. Hanapepe, for example, hosts an Art Night every Friday where food is ample and stores stay open late.
It might not be as easy to find, but Kaua‘i does offer a night scene where you’ll find entertainment or just plain get your groove on.
Visit Pearl Harbor and tour Oahu on a self-guided day trip. Flight/car rental included.
Anaina Hou Mini Golf & Gardens - not your typical miniture golf course!
- Experience Hawaii like never before with Ziplines, Horseback, Waterfalls, Off-Road 4x4 and more! Only at Princeville Ranch
- Check out our daily web specials.
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car: Incredible customer service and the savings to match. Save on Everyday Low Rates. We’ll Pick you Up®
- Visiting Hawaii is easy in a rental car from Alamo®. Minivans, economy cars, SUV's and more, Alamo has the rental car for your visit to Hawaii.
- $10 off your NĀ PALI COAST RAFT ADVENTURE with Nā Pali Riders
- Find your perfect vacation home in Kona from $89/night!
- Special online rates for Voyagers of the Pacific: $78 pp
- Enjoy Suites from $216 at Paradise Bay Resort on Oahu
- Lanai safari-style 4x4 Trekker Tour with a/c from $180.96!
- Maui's Longest Running Ocean Front Luau - Royal Lahaina Luau
- SAVE $38.00! Free child’s ticket with purchase of adult ticket!
- Two Beach Chairs and One Umbrella $25 Deal
- Royal Kona Experience Pkg w/Luau, cruise, breakfast! $325/nt
- MAUI'S BEST LUAU - Old Lahaina Luau - BOOK NOW!
- Experience Live Chocolate Tree Orchard on O`ahu & Save 10%