- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Nightlife on Kauai
Kaua‘i might not be the right Hawaiian Island if nightlife is what you’re seeking. Most establishments close by 8 or 9 p.m. and residents are usually tucked in bed well before you might feel the urge to start your evening festivities. That said, there are venues that provide nighttime entertainment around the island, even if they’re few and far between.
One of the most popular nightlife hangouts is located on the north shore. Tahiti Nui, made famous in recent years by the movie, “The Descendants,” is a spot that’s almost always happening. A crowd regularly gathers here for a no-frills experience and to enjoy local music. Even though it’s known to get a little rowdy, this is one of the only places open late on island and sometimes well into the wee hours of the morning.
If you’re looking for more sophistication, head to Bar Acuda in Hanalei, right across the street. Here, you can order from a vast selection of wine and beers, as well as craft cocktails. But, beware: it’s almost always a full house and you may have to wait a while for a seat at the bar.
On the east side of the island, Trees Lounge is another option for musical entertainment, food and drinks. They also have a significant space for dancing, and it’s here that many residents on Kaua‘i prefer to unwind after a long work day. This establishment is also open late, with some musicians beginning their sets at 9 p.m.
Imbibing may not be your nightlife vibe. If so, then seeking out a local theatrical production at Kaua‘i Community College Performing Arts Center or attending one of the weekly art festivals across the island might be more your style. Hanapepe, for example, hosts an Art Night every Friday where food is ample and stores stay open late.
It might not be as easy to find, but Kaua‘i does offer a night scene where you’ll find entertainment or just plain get your groove on.
Kauai Sea Tours will make it the Best Day of your vacation! Reserve now!
Book 2 tours and get 15% off the second tour!
- Save up to 25%: Join the Emerald Club® so you can bypass the counter, choose your own car and get on your way fast
- Only with Island Helicopters can visitors land at Manawaiopuna Falls and feel the awesome power of the waterfall made famous in Jurassic Park.
- Delight in our tasty filet with shrimp & a glass of cabernet at Ruths' Chris Lahaina, Wailea, Mauna Lani and Kauai Restaurants.
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car: Enterprise makes it easy to explore the island
- Race your partner on our massive double zipline King Kong or ride beautiful horses surrounded by the majestic Hanalei mountains!
- Don’t forget to book your Airport Lei Greeting! Book Now
- $1 admission per person to the Aloha Stadium Swap Meet!
- Sunday Night Trivia at Down the Hatch Maui starts at 10PM!
- Hawaii's largest open-air marketplace. $1 Admission/person!
- Tropical Hawaiian Tours: Oahu Circle Island Tour - $100/person
- Get ready for an exclusive Maui fishing trip with UFO Parasail! $99+
- Maui's Longest Running Ocean Front Luau - Royal Lahaina Luau
- National Car Rental: Take control of your Hawaii vacation
- $1,059 & up - 6-Nt. Maui & Kauai Island-Hopping Trip w/Air
- Hawaiian Horseback adventures on the pristine North Shore of Kauai! Come Paniolo with us!