- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Nightlife on Kauai
Kaua‘i might not be the right Hawaiian Island if nightlife is what you’re seeking. Most establishments close by 8 or 9 p.m. and residents are usually tucked in bed well before you might feel the urge to start your evening festivities. That said, there are venues that provide nighttime entertainment around the island, even if they’re few and far between.
One of the most popular nightlife hangouts is located on the north shore. Tahiti Nui, made famous in recent years by the movie, “The Descendants,” is a spot that’s almost always happening. A crowd regularly gathers here for a no-frills experience and to enjoy local music. Even though it’s known to get a little rowdy, this is one of the only places open late on island and sometimes well into the wee hours of the morning.
If you’re looking for more sophistication, head to Bar Acuda in Hanalei, right across the street. Here, you can order from a vast selection of wine and beers, as well as craft cocktails. But, beware: it’s almost always a full house and you may have to wait a while for a seat at the bar.
On the east side of the island, Trees Lounge is another option for musical entertainment, food and drinks. They also have a significant space for dancing, and it’s here that many residents on Kaua‘i prefer to unwind after a long work day. This establishment is also open late, with some musicians beginning their sets at 9 p.m.
Imbibing may not be your nightlife vibe. If so, then seeking out a local theatrical production at Kaua‘i Community College Performing Arts Center or attending one of the weekly art festivals across the island might be more your style. Hanapepe, for example, hosts an Art Night every Friday where food is ample and stores stay open late.
It might not be as easy to find, but Kaua‘i does offer a night scene where you’ll find entertainment or just plain get your groove on.
"Guaranteed" dolphin sighting plus snorkeling tour along Kauai's famous Na Pali Coast. $10 off early online bookings.
Kauai Sea Tours will make it the Best Day of your vacation! Reserve now!
Self-guided day trip packages available from Maui, Kauai and Big Island. Includes flight, car and Arizona Memorial.
- Book online & Save $10 with "GUARANTEED" Dolphin Tour at Blue Dolphin Charters.
- With over 4 million coffee trees, Kauai Coffee Company is Hawaii’s largest coffee grower. Shop their wide selection of outstanding coffee
- National® has the perfect rental car for your trip to Hawaii. Reserve now and take control.
- Hawaiian Escape from only $1,199 – SAVE $500 per couple on all 2020 departures! 7-day two island guided tour with inter-island flight!
- Save up to 25%: Join the Emerald Club® so you can bypass the counter, choose your own car and get on your way fast
- Try North Shore Oahu's famous shrimp plates from $14!
- Enjoy Hawaiian cuisine made with ingredients produced locally
- Dolphin Excursions Snorkel Boat from just $140 including Lunch!
- Join Haleiwa Shark Tours for an unforgettable experience.
- Popular Pearl Harbors from $97.99 - BOOK NOW!
- Maui Babe® lotions love your skin! Get yours today!
- Steps away from world famous Kāʻanapali Beach Hotel - Stay here!
- Grand Naniloa Resort: AAA/CAA/JAF Members - SAVE 15%
- Kaku Sushi: Waikiki's best sushi and seafood buffet.
- From $149 - Friday night Waikiki fireworks dinner cruise