- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Nightlife on Kauai
Kaua‘i might not be the right Hawaiian Island if nightlife is what you’re seeking. Most establishments close by 8 or 9 p.m. and residents are usually tucked in bed well before you might feel the urge to start your evening festivities. That said, there are venues that provide nighttime entertainment around the island, even if they’re few and far between.
One of the most popular nightlife hangouts is located on the north shore. Tahiti Nui, made famous in recent years by the movie, “The Descendants,” is a spot that’s almost always happening. A crowd regularly gathers here for a no-frills experience and to enjoy local music. Even though it’s known to get a little rowdy, this is one of the only places open late on island and sometimes well into the wee hours of the morning.
If you’re looking for more sophistication, head to Bar Acuda in Hanalei, right across the street. Here, you can order from a vast selection of wine and beers, as well as craft cocktails. But, beware: it’s almost always a full house and you may have to wait a while for a seat at the bar.
On the east side of the island, Trees Lounge is another option for musical entertainment, food and drinks. They also have a significant space for dancing, and it’s here that many residents on Kaua‘i prefer to unwind after a long work day. This establishment is also open late, with some musicians beginning their sets at 9 p.m.
Imbibing may not be your nightlife vibe. If so, then seeking out a local theatrical production at Kaua‘i Community College Performing Arts Center or attending one of the weekly art festivals across the island might be more your style. Hanapepe, for example, hosts an Art Night every Friday where food is ample and stores stay open late.
It might not be as easy to find, but Kaua‘i does offer a night scene where you’ll find entertainment or just plain get your groove on.
- Book Your Honeymoon Cruise with Hawaii.com!
- 4-Island-hopping adventure: Oahu, Kauai, Maui & Big Island 8-night package from $1,349
- Book Your Family Cruise Vacation with Hawaii.com!
- With over 4 million coffee trees, Kauai Coffee Company is Hawaii’s largest coffee grower. Shop their wide selection of outstanding coffee
- Visiting Hawaii is easy in a rental car from Alamo®. Minivans, economy cars, SUV's and more, Alamo has the rental car for your visit to Hawaii.
- Shop rates w/3 car rental partners. Receive a discount
- $99 Oahu dolphin tour! Buy now, plan later & save BIG!
- Save up to 15% on your Maui Vacation Condo!
- Get low prices everyday with Alamo® in Hawaii.
- From $719 - Oahu 6-Nt. Romantic Holiday w/Air & Hotels
- Save up to 15% on your Kauai Vacation Condo!
- Reserve now with National® and be the boss of your getaway.
- $99 Big Island dolphin tour! Buy now, plan later & save BIG!
- Buy One, Get One Free on Kaka’ako Kasuals Kewalos Reef Walker Line (Use Code: BOGOKEWALOS)
- Alamo Rent-A-Car: Get great prices