- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Hiking on Kauai
Surround yourself with nature and delve into the depths of Kaua‘i’s enchanted forests and seascapes by embarking on any number of hikes around the island. Most can be completed in a day and are well worth the workout, offering landscapes you wouldn’t otherwise see.
One of the best places to lace up your hiking shoes is Waimea Canyon and Koke‘e State Parks. This west side locale will treat you to unparalleled natural beauty with many options for exploring by foot that range from short, leisurely strolls to strenuous uphill climbs spanning several miles. The Iliau Nature Loop Trail, for example, is a short trek that presents gorgeous scenery of the red dirt-laced canyon and is great for people of all ages and fitness levels. On the other end of the spectrum, trails like Alaka‘i Swamp and Awa‘awapuhi are known to leave your legs burning, but the scenery along with native flora and fauna will leave you too delighted to notice.
The north shore has a few different options as well, including the famous Kalalau Trail. This path is not for the faint of heart, however, nor is it advisable to traverse during wet weather. The trail hugs the fluted cliffs of the Nāpali Coast and, while it is only for those who are athletically inclined, the views are incredibly rewarding. Most people travel the first 2 miles to Hanakāpī‘ai Beach and enjoy the serenity of the secluded area. But the more adventurous journey the entire 11 miles to Kalalau Valley where they camp for at least one night before heading back.
For a completely different experience on the south side of the island, consider the Māhā‘ulepū Heritage Trail. On this moderate hike along the coast you’ll encounter craggy cliffs and sand dunes on a trail that even leads you toward an ancient limestone cave that is home to the wealthiest fossil site in the state.
Plan accordingly and you won’t regret taking the time to explore Kaua‘i by foot.
Self-guided day trip packages available from Maui, Kauai and Big Island. Includes flight, car and Arizona Memorial.
Visit Pearl Harbor and take a city tour of Honolulu. Flight/transport included.
Visit Pearl Harbor and tour Oahu on a self-guided day trip. Flight/car rental included.
Anaina Hou Mini Golf & Gardens - not your typical miniture golf course!
Exploring the Panoramic Views at Kokee State Park
Koke‘e State Park offers sweeping views of some of the…
Hiking a Waimea Canyon Trail: Iliau Nature Loop
How do I put into quantified terms the limitless beauty…
- Island Helicopters offers unique tours around this tropical paradise; including one of Hawaii’s most elite tours, the Jurassic Falls Landing Adventure
- 4-Island-hopping adventure: Oahu, Kauai, Maui & Big Island 8-night package from $1,429
- Explore Kauai’s remote Nualolo Kai ancient site and beach on a Kauai Sea Tours Napali Raft Adventure: Book online - Save $10!
- Arriving soon? Don’t forget to book your Airport Lei Greeting! It’s a Hawaiian tradition you won’t want to miss. Book Now
- Oahu, Kauai, and Big Island multi-island adventures! 6-night packages from $1,079
- Tour Tropical Cacao Farm & Taste Tree-to-Bar Chocolate!
- Taste love in a bottle: Visit the Ko Hana Hawaiian Agricole Rum Distillery - $25
- Experience ″farm-to-beach″ dining at Reef Bar & Market Grill!
- From $719 - Oahu 6-Nt. Romantic Holiday w/Air & Hotels
- Rent with Enterprise® for low car rental rates in Hawaii.
- Snorkel and SUP on the North Shore on an exciting Beach Bus Adventure!
- Big Wave Dave: Waikiki's best surfing lessons & local coffee
- Royal Lahaina Honeymoon/Anniversary Special - FREE Portrait
- Refuge Eco-Tour: Land at a secluded botanical preserve!
- From $1,429 - Oahu, Kauai, Maui & Big Island 8-Nts. w/Air