- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Hiking on Kauai
Surround yourself with nature and delve into the depths of Kaua‘i’s enchanted forests and seascapes by embarking on any number of hikes around the island. Most can be completed in a day and are well worth the workout, offering landscapes you wouldn’t otherwise see.
One of the best places to lace up your hiking shoes is Waimea Canyon and Koke‘e State Parks. This west side locale will treat you to unparalleled natural beauty with many options for exploring by foot that range from short, leisurely strolls to strenuous uphill climbs spanning several miles. The Iliau Nature Loop Trail, for example, is a short trek that presents gorgeous scenery of the red dirt-laced canyon and is great for people of all ages and fitness levels. On the other end of the spectrum, trails like Alaka‘i Swamp and Awa‘awapuhi are known to leave your legs burning, but the scenery along with native flora and fauna will leave you too delighted to notice.
The north shore has a few different options as well, including the famous Kalalau Trail. This path is not for the faint of heart, however, nor is it advisable to traverse during wet weather. The trail hugs the fluted cliffs of the Nāpali Coast and, while it is only for those who are athletically inclined, the views are incredibly rewarding. Most people travel the first 2 miles to Hanakāpī‘ai Beach and enjoy the serenity of the secluded area. But the more adventurous journey the entire 11 miles to Kalalau Valley where they camp for at least one night before heading back.
For a completely different experience on the south side of the island, consider the Māhā‘ulepū Heritage Trail. On this moderate hike along the coast you’ll encounter craggy cliffs and sand dunes on a trail that even leads you toward an ancient limestone cave that is home to the wealthiest fossil site in the state.
Plan accordingly and you won’t regret taking the time to explore Kaua‘i by foot.
"Guaranteed" dolphin sighting plus snorkeling tour along Kauai's famous Na Pali Coast. $10 off early online bookings.
Visit Pearl Harbor and take a city tour of Honolulu. Flight/transport included.
Visit Pearl Harbor and tour Oahu on a self-guided day trip. Flight/car rental included.
Visit Pearl Harbor and take a tour of Oahu Island. Flight/transport included.
Exploring the Panoramic Views at Kokee State Park
Koke‘e State Park offers sweeping views of some of the…
Hiking a Waimea Canyon Trail: Iliau Nature Loop
How do I put into quantified terms the limitless beauty…
- Check out our daily web specials.
- It’s a NEVER-ENDING Summer at Castle Resorts & Hotels! Save up to 30% OFF! For Stays Now until 12/15/2019!
- See More Hawaii with Hawaii’s favorite little airline Mokulele Airlines, BOOK NOW!
- Save up to 25%: Join the Emerald Club® so you can bypass the counter, choose your own car and get on your way fast
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car® offers locations throughout Hawaii in Honolulu, Kailua, Kaneohe, and more. Low rates, and award winning service. Book now!
- 12-Day Hawaiian Islands Cruise & Tour from $2,099! SAVE $250pp
- Try our new Paddle Board Rentals by the hour $25!
- Book Your Honeymoon Cruise!
- A pair of BLT sliders are only $7 during happy hour at Tropics Tap House.
- From $149 - Friday night Waikiki fireworks dinner cruise
- Fly 800-1,200 feet above Kona with UFO Parasail - $89+
- 8 World-class, dual ziplines at CLIMB Works Keana Farms
- Honeymoon/Anniversary Special - FREE Bottle of Champagne
- Experience an ultimate watersport adventure at Twogood Kayaks
- $20 Snorkel Set with free transportation to the Bay