- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Hiking on Kauai
Surround yourself with nature and delve into the depths of Kaua‘i’s enchanted forests and seascapes by embarking on any number of hikes around the island. Most can be completed in a day and are well worth the workout, offering landscapes you wouldn’t otherwise see.
One of the best places to lace up your hiking shoes is Waimea Canyon and Koke‘e State Parks. This west side locale will treat you to unparalleled natural beauty with many options for exploring by foot that range from short, leisurely strolls to strenuous uphill climbs spanning several miles. The Iliau Nature Loop Trail, for example, is a short trek that presents gorgeous scenery of the red dirt-laced canyon and is great for people of all ages and fitness levels. On the other end of the spectrum, trails like Alaka‘i Swamp and Awa‘awapuhi are known to leave your legs burning, but the scenery along with native flora and fauna will leave you too delighted to notice.
The north shore has a few different options as well, including the famous Kalalau Trail. This path is not for the faint of heart, however, nor is it advisable to traverse during wet weather. The trail hugs the fluted cliffs of the Nāpali Coast and, while it is only for those who are athletically inclined, the views are incredibly rewarding. Most people travel the first 2 miles to Hanakāpī‘ai Beach and enjoy the serenity of the secluded area. But the more adventurous journey the entire 11 miles to Kalalau Valley where they camp for at least one night before heading back.
For a completely different experience on the south side of the island, consider the Māhā‘ulepū Heritage Trail. On this moderate hike along the coast you’ll encounter craggy cliffs and sand dunes on a trail that even leads you toward an ancient limestone cave that is home to the wealthiest fossil site in the state.
Plan accordingly and you won’t regret taking the time to explore Kaua‘i by foot.
Kauai Sea Tours will make it the Best Day of your vacation! Reserve now!
Self-guided day trip packages available from Maui, Kauai and Big Island. Includes flight, car and Arizona Memorial.
Exploring the Panoramic Views at Kokee State Park
Koke‘e State Park offers sweeping views of some of the…
Hiking a Waimea Canyon Trail: Iliau Nature Loop
How do I put into quantified terms the limitless beauty…
- Visiting Hawaii is easy in a rental car from Alamo®. Minivans, economy cars, SUV's and more, Alamo has the rental car for your visit to Hawaii.
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car: Enterprise makes it easy to explore the island
- 6-night Big Island & Kauai island-hopping adventure, starting from $829
- Explore Kauai’s remote Nualolo Kai ancient site and beach on a Kauai Sea Tours Napali Raft Adventure: Book online - Save $10!
- 6-night multi-island adventures, starting from $869. Visit Oahu, Kauai, and Maui!
- National Car Rental: Save with National
- From $1,159 - Big Island, Kauai & Maui 6-Nts. w/Air & Hotels
- $769 & up - 6-Nt. Maui & Kauai Island-Hopping Trip w/Air
- Ali'i Kayaks – the best way to explore Wailua River
- Experience all of Oahu on an Island and You tour! $10 off with code HIDEAL
- Reserve now with National® and be the boss of your getaway.
- Get ready for an exclusive Maui fishing trip with UFO Parasail! $99+
- Experience Live Chocolate Tree Orchard on Oahu & Save 10% with code HICOM
- Get Hawaii's Premium High Performance Natural Zinc Sunscreen
- Kona Coast Vacation rentals from $89/night - BOOK NOW!