- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Hiking on Kauai
Surround yourself with nature and delve into the depths of Kaua‘i’s enchanted forests and seascapes by embarking on any number of hikes around the island. Most can be completed in a day and are well worth the workout, offering landscapes you wouldn’t otherwise see.
One of the best places to lace up your hiking shoes is Waimea Canyon and Koke‘e State Parks. This west side locale will treat you to unparalleled natural beauty with many options for exploring by foot that range from short, leisurely strolls to strenuous uphill climbs spanning several miles. The Iliau Nature Loop Trail, for example, is a short trek that presents gorgeous scenery of the red dirt-laced canyon and is great for people of all ages and fitness levels. On the other end of the spectrum, trails like Alaka‘i Swamp and Awa‘awapuhi are known to leave your legs burning, but the scenery along with native flora and fauna will leave you too delighted to notice.
The north shore has a few different options as well, including the famous Kalalau Trail. This path is not for the faint of heart, however, nor is it advisable to traverse during wet weather. The trail hugs the fluted cliffs of the Nāpali Coast and, while it is only for those who are athletically inclined, the views are incredibly rewarding. Most people travel the first 2 miles to Hanakāpī‘ai Beach and enjoy the serenity of the secluded area. But the more adventurous journey the entire 11 miles to Kalalau Valley where they camp for at least one night before heading back.
For a completely different experience on the south side of the island, consider the Māhā‘ulepū Heritage Trail. On this moderate hike along the coast you’ll encounter craggy cliffs and sand dunes on a trail that even leads you toward an ancient limestone cave that is home to the wealthiest fossil site in the state.
Plan accordingly and you won’t regret taking the time to explore Kaua‘i by foot.
Horseback at Princeville Ranch Adventures
Princeville Ranch‘s 2,500 acres run from the mountains to dramatic…
Kauai Sea Tours will make it the Best Day of your vacation! Reserve now!
Book 2 tours and get 15% off the second tour!
Exploring the Panoramic Views at Kokee State Park
Koke‘e State Park offers sweeping views of some of the…
Hiking a Waimea Canyon Trail: Iliau Nature Loop
How do I put into quantified terms the limitless beauty…
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car® offers locations throughout Hawaii in Honolulu, Kailua, Kaneohe, and more. Low rates, and award winning service. Book now!
- Island Helicopters offers unique tours around this tropical paradise; including one of Hawaii’s most elite tours, the Jurassic Falls Landing Adventure
- Nestled on 25-acres of sunny South Shore paradise, Koloa Landing is near world-famous Poipu Beach & some of the best dining & shopping on Kauai.
- Best of Hawaii 4 Island Tour - SAVE $450 per couple on all 2020 departures! 13-day guided tour starting at $2,099! Inter-island flights included.
- Enjoy Kauai's longest ride with Koloa Zipline or get dirty on an ATV Off Road Adventure!
- Fish for tilapia, grass carp, catfish & prawns at Ali’i Agricultural Farms
- Experience Nutridge: Four hours of interactive activities!
- Shop rates w/3 car rental partners. Receive a discount
- From $1,519 - Oahu, Kauai, Maui & Big Island 8-Nts. w/Air
- Island Helicopters is Kauai’s premiere helicopter tour!
- Ruth's Chris Steak House: The Steak Dinner, Done Right
- 13-Day Best of Hawaii 4 Island Tour 6/3 date $2,099! SAVE $450pp
- Explore Oahu's sights and cuisine at $20 off per person when you book an Island and You tour with the code 2020VISION before the end of Feb 2020
- SAVE $30 at Jack Harter Helicopters - BOOK NOW
- Get low prices everyday with Alamo® in Hawaii.