- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Golfing on Kauai
Golfers may think they are in heaven when they step foot on one of Kauai’s courses. Home to some of the best golf in the world, there are oceanside Scottish links-style courses, with rolling terrain and sculpted mountains. The rough on a Kauai course may include lava rocks and thorny Kiawe patches, while the greens are framed by sparkling ocean horizons, volcanic cliffs, massive ravines, giant sinkholes and lush-tropical undergrowth.
The island has a great selection of courses with green fees ranging from discount to resort. With courses scattered all around the island, there will always be somewhere nearby to hit a few balls.
Best Golf Courses on Kauai
The award-winning Kauai Lagoons Golf Club, a Jack Nicklaus Signature Course, has been renovated and renamed The Ocean Course at Hokuala. Featuring the longest continuous stretch of oceanfront golf in Hawaii, The Ocean Course has a lot to offer golfers on Kauai. Book a tee time now or read more.
The Prince Course’s closing has left the limelight open for several of Kauai’s other magnificent courses. The Makai Golf Club at Princeville, for example, is ranked #3 in Hawaii by GolfWeek and has made it onto Golf Digest’s Top 100 Greatest Public Golf Courses in America.Kauai’s sunny south shore is home to the popular and immaculate resort course, Poipu Bay Golf Course, which is adjacent to the Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort and Spa. Also on the south shore is private Kukuiula Golf Course.Finally, #10 on Golf Advisors 2016 Best Golf Courses in Hawaii, as ranked by their readers, is Puakea Golf Course centrally located in Lihue.
Kauai Golf Deals
If the $200 price tag of the premium courses is more than you’d like to pay for a round of golf, here are some alternatives.
The 18-hole Kiahuna Golf Club in Koloa is a popular choice, with green fees of $75. The 18-hole Wailua Municipal Golf Course in Lihue is also favored as well as much appreciated for its unbeatable “bang for the buck.” The green fees are $60 at most, with heavy discounts for seniors, juniors and local residents.
If you’re bringing the family, the 9-hole Princeville Makai Woods Course is a great choice. Standard rates are only $55, and kids 6-15 years play free all day per paying adult. Juniors ages 16-18 play at 50% off.
Golf Courses on Kauai
- Rates/Green Fee Key:
- $ under $55
- $$ $55-$99
- $$$ $100-$149
- $$$$ $150-$199
- $$$$$ over $200
Kiahuna Golf Club $$
Kukuiolono Golf Club $
Kukuiula Golf Course $$$$$
Makai Golf Club at Princeville $$$$$
Makai Golf Club at Princeville – Woods Course $$
Ocean Course at Hokuala $$$$$
Poipu Bay Golf Course $$$$$
Prince Course at Princeville Resort $$$$$ (Closed for renovations.)
Puakea Golf Course $$
Wailua Municipal Golf Course $$
Kauai Pro Shops
Kukuiula Golf Pro Shop
Pro Am Golf Kauai
Wailua Golf Shop
Visit Pearl Harbor and tour Oahu on a self-guided day trip. Flight/car rental included.
Kauai Sea Tours will make it the Best Day of your vacation! Reserve now!
Self-guided day trip packages available from Maui, Kauai and Big Island. Includes flight, car and Arizona Memorial.
Book 2 tours and get 15% off the second tour!
- National® has the perfect rental car for your trip to Hawaii. Reserve now and take control.
- Explore Kauai’s remote Nualolo Kai ancient site and beach on a Kauai Sea Tours Napali Raft Adventure: Book online - Save $10!
- Book online to get up to $55 OFF your adventure in the sky with Safari Helicopter Tours. This is a web-only special, so book online NOW!
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car: Enterprise makes it easy to explore the island
- Oahu & Kauai Island-Hopping with Air & Room, from $929. for 6 nights
- Explore the mysteries of the universe at Stars Above Hawaii
- Sample heirloom sugar cane rum at Ko Hana Distillery - $25
- Cozy Kokee Museum, always waiting. Admission by donation.
- Toa Luau - Hawaii's Most Authentic Luau - Starting at $98
- Big Wave Dave: Waikiki's best surfing lessons & local coffee
- Taste the Flavors of Aloha with Aloha Shoyu
- Ko Hana Hawaiian Agricole Rum from heirloom sugar cane - $35
- Swim with dolphins without the crowds!
- Book Your Family Cruise Vacation!
- Popular Pearl Harbors from $97.99 - BOOK NOW!