- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Surfing & SUP
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Golfing on Kauai
Golfers may think they are in heaven when they step foot on one of Kauai’s courses. Home to some of the best golf in the world, there are oceanside Scottish links-style courses, with rolling terrain and sculpted mountains. The rough on a Kauai course may include lava rocks and thorny Kiawe patches, while the greens are framed by sparkling ocean horizons, volcanic cliffs, massive ravines, giant sinkholes and lush-tropical undergrowth.
The island has a great selection of courses with green fees ranging from discount to resort. With courses scattered all around the island, there will always be somewhere nearby to hit a few balls.
Best Golf Courses on Kauai
The award-winning Kauai Lagoons Golf Club, a Jack Nicklaus Signature Course, has been renovated and renamed The Ocean Course at Hokuala. Featuring the longest continuous stretch of oceanfront golf in Hawaii, The Ocean Course has a lot to offer golfers on Kauai. Book a tee time now or read more.
The Prince Course’s closing has left the limelight open for several of Kauai’s other magnificent courses. The Makai Golf Club at Princeville, for example, is ranked #3 in Hawaii by GolfWeek and has made it onto Golf Digest’s Top 100 Greatest Public Golf Courses in America.Kauai’s sunny south shore is home to the popular and immaculate resort course, Poipu Bay Golf Course, which is adjacent to the Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort and Spa. Also on the south shore is private Kukuiula Golf Course.Finally, #10 on Golf Advisors 2016 Best Golf Courses in Hawaii, as ranked by their readers, is Puakea Golf Course centrally located in Lihue.
Kauai Golf Deals
If the $200 price tag of the premium courses is more than you’d like to pay for a round of golf, here are some alternatives.
The 18-hole Kiahuna Golf Club in Koloa is a popular choice, with green fees of $75. The 18-hole Wailua Municipal Golf Course in Lihue is also favored as well as much appreciated for its unbeatable “bang for the buck.” The green fees are $60 at most, with heavy discounts for seniors, juniors and local residents.
If you’re bringing the family, the 9-hole Princeville Makai Woods Course is a great choice. Standard rates are only $55, and kids 6-15 years play free all day per paying adult. Juniors ages 16-18 play at 50% off.
Golf Courses on Kauai
- Rates/Green Fee Key:
- $ under $55
- $$ $55-$99
- $$$ $100-$149
- $$$$ $150-$199
- $$$$$ over $200
Kiahuna Golf Club $$
Kukuiolono Golf Club $
Kukuiula Golf Course $$$$$
Makai Golf Club at Princeville $$$$$
Makai Golf Club at Princeville – Woods Course $$
Ocean Course at Hokuala $$$$$
Poipu Bay Golf Course $$$$$
Prince Course at Princeville Resort $$$$$ (Closed for renovations.)
Puakea Golf Course $$
Wailua Municipal Golf Course $$
Kauai Pro Shops
Kukuiula Golf Pro Shop
Pro Am Golf Kauai
Wailua Golf Shop
- Island Roots Aloha Surf School offers Surfing Lessons The Hawaiian Way and SUP Classes for all ages. Board Rentals also available. 10% OFF Surfing or SUP Lessons and Equipment Rentals.
- Book Your Honeymoon Cruise with Hawaii.com!
- Save 15% on Shaka Guide’s Island Tour Bundles. Use Code Hawaiidotcom15 and book on www.shakaguide.com.
- 6-night Big Island & Kauai island-hopping adventure, starting from $1,009
- From $89 - World class scuba diving on the Ko Olina Coast with Hawaii Nauticalina Coast
- Change the Way You See Hawaii with Shaka Guide GPS Tours!
- 4-Day Packages from $970 including Hotel and More
- Shaka Guide GPS Audio Tour Bundles - Save 50% and more!
- 12-Day Hawaiian Islands Cruise & Tour in 2021 from $2,099
- 12-Day Best of Hawaii 4 Island Tour in 2021 from $1,999!
- Socially-Distanced Audio Driving Tours starting at $14.99
- From $1,279 - Oahu, Kauai, Maui & Big Island 8-Nts. w/Air
- From $129 - Dolphins Guaranteed Sail in West Oahu
- From $879 - Oahu & Kauai, 6-Nt Multi-Island Adventure
- $969 & up - 6-Nt. Maui & Kauai Island-Hopping Trip w/Air