- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Golfing on Kauai
Golfers may think they are in heaven when they step foot on one of Kauai’s courses. Home to some of the best golf in the world, there are oceanside Scottish links-style courses, with rolling terrain and sculpted mountains. The rough on a Kauai course may include lava rocks and thorny Kiawe patches, while the greens are framed by sparkling ocean horizons, volcanic cliffs, massive ravines, giant sinkholes and lush-tropical undergrowth.
The island has a great selection of courses with green fees ranging from discount to resort. With courses scattered all around the island, there will always be somewhere nearby to hit a few balls.
Best Golf Courses on Kauai
The award-winning Kauai Lagoons Golf Club, a Jack Nicklaus Signature Course, has been renovated and renamed The Ocean Course at Hokuala. Featuring the longest continuous stretch of oceanfront golf in Hawaii, The Ocean Course has a lot to offer golfers on Kauai.
The Prince Course’s closing has left the limelight open for several of Kauai’s other magnificent courses. The Makai Golf Club at Princeville, for example, is ranked #3 in Hawaii by GolfWeek and has made it onto Golf Digest’s Top 100 Greatest Public Golf Courses in America.Kauai’s sunny south shore is home to the popular and immaculate resort course, Poipu Bay Golf Course, which is adjacent to the Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort and Spa. Also on the south shore is private Kukuiula Golf Course.Finally, #10 on Golf Advisors 2016 Best Golf Courses in Hawaii, as ranked by their readers, is Puakea Golf Course centrally located in Lihue.
Kauai Golf Deals
If the $200 price tag of the premium courses is more than you’d like to pay for a round of golf, here are some alternatives.
The 18-hole Kiahuna Golf Club in Koloa is a popular choice, with green fees of $75. The 18-hole Wailua Municipal Golf Course in Lihue is also favored as well as much appreciated for its unbeatable “bang for the buck.” The green fees are $60 at most, with heavy discounts for seniors, juniors and local residents.
If you’re bringing the family, the 9-hole Princeville Makai Woods Course is a great choice. Standard rates are only $55, and kids 6-15 years play free all day per paying adult. Juniors ages 16-18 play at 50% off.
Golf Courses on Kauai
- Rates/Green Fee Key:
- $ under $55
- $$ $55-$99
- $$$ $100-$149
- $$$$ $150-$199
- $$$$$ over $200
Kiahuna Golf Club $$
Kukuiolono Golf Club $
Kukuiula Golf Course $$$$$
Makai Golf Club at Princeville $$$$$
Makai Golf Club at Princeville – Woods Course $$
Ocean Course at Hokuala $$$$$
Poipu Bay Golf Course $$$$$
Prince Course at Princeville Resort $$$$$ (Closed for renovations.)
Puakea Golf Course $$
Wailua Municipal Golf Course $$
Kauai Pro Shops
Kukuiula Golf Pro Shop
Pro Am Golf Kauai
Wailua Golf Shop
"Guaranteed" dolphin sighting plus snorkeling tour along Kauai's famous Na Pali Coast. $10 off early online bookings.
Visit Pearl Harbor and take a tour of Oahu Island. Flight/transport included.
Book 2 tours and get 15% off the second tour!
- 4-Island-hopping adventure: Oahu, Kauai, Maui & Big Island 8-night package from $1,299
- Ali'i Kayaks – use promo code HIFive for $5 discount. One of the best ways to see the hidden places on Kauai is on our Wailua River kayak adventure
- Choose from over 300 Hawaiian island tours; relive history at Pearl Harbor, snorkle beautiful reefs, experience luaus, visit ancient volcanos & more!
- INTERNET SPECIAL: Book online and save $30 per person on a 60-65 minute AStar Helicopter Tour at Jack Harter Helicopters. Only $259 per person!
- Hawaiian Islands Cruise & Tour – 12 days now from only $1,999! SAVE $900 per couple on select departures!
- Touch, swim with, or even KISS a dolphin!
- Royal Lahaina Experience Pkg w/Luau, cruise & more! $410/nt
- Zip, trek and rappel on the island’s ONLY canopy course!
- From $89- West Oahu Sunset Sail with Hawaii Nautical
- Hawaii Tours: Choose from over 300 tours across all islands
- Enjoy Hawaiian Music, Dance & Food @Maui’s Huaka‘i Luau
- $25 heirloom sugar cane rum tasting tour - BOOK NOW!
- Private powerboat charters in Kona - $750 per hour
- Experience epic volcanic landscapes on Haleakala with Sunrise, Summit, and Sunset Bike and Vehicle Tours
- Count On Us For The Paradise Wedding Your Love Deserves