- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Farm Tours on Kauai
Learn about Kaua‘i’s exotic agricultural industry by attending a farm tour. Visit local farms that produce products unique to Hawai‘i, taste the sweet succulent nectar of tropical fruits and discover how produce is grown and harvested on the island.
Chocolate lovers beware – you might not want to leave. This tour takes you through an 8-acre chocolate tree orchard located in Kapa‘a. This is one of the few places you’ll ever get to do this, as Hawai‘i is the only state that commercially grows cacao. Included in the tour is a leisurely stroll through lush gardens with colorful flowers and the chance to taste tropical fruits like lilikoi and rambutan. Your sweet tooth will be exceptionally satisfied after an 11-course dark chocolate taste-testing soiree. Tours are offered several days a week. Visit steelgrass.org for more information.
Kauai Kunana Dairy
Interact with a herd of friendly goats and sample the cheese that’s created from their milk at this North Shore micro dairy farm. You’ll learn about the entire process from how the goats are milked to how the final artisan product is made. Moreover, you get to walk through a lovely organic tropical orchard with trees like mango, avocado, lychee, citrus and breadfruit and learn about other products grown on the farm from vegetables to herbs. Tours are held at 9 a.m. every Wednesday. Visit kauaikunanadairy.com for more information. Read more
Kauai Coffee Plantation
This is the largest coffee grower in the state, as well as the country, since the beans are only commercially grown in Hawai‘i — the ʻEle‘ele plantation contains four million coffee trees on more than 3,000 acres of land. Personalized tours are offered throughout the week but your best bet is to jump in on one of the four free daily tours. You’ll learn about how the coffee is grown, harvested and produced into the final product as you journey along a lovely pathway. You also have the opportunity to sample a vast assortment of unique coffee flavors, including banana and macadamia. Visit kauaicoffee.com for more information.
Hoopulapula Haraguchi Rice Mill
Located on a taro farm within a National Wildlife Refuge in lush Hanalei, this guided tour includes visiting the state’s only remaining rice mill dating back to the 1800s. Visiting here includes accessing privately owned land and learning about the island’s agricultural and cultural history. You also get to check out endangered birds, learn about kalo (taro) cultivation and enjoy food that features products from the farm. Tours are offered at 10 a.m. every Wednesday. Visit haraguchiricemill.org for more information.
Farm Tours Directory
- Book Your Honeymoon Cruise with Hawaii.com!
- Island-hopping 6-night adventure, Maui and Kauai, from $929
- Book online & Save $10 with "GUARANTEED" Dolphin Tour at Blue Dolphin Charters.
- 6-night Big Island & Kauai island-hopping adventure, starting from $939
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car® offers locations throughout Hawaii in Honolulu, Kailua, Kaneohe, and more. Low rates, and award winning service. Book now!
- From $89- West Oahu Sunset Sail with Hawaii Nautical
- Dolphin Excursions Snorkel Boat from just $140 including Lunch!
- Cozy Kokee Museum, always waiting. Admission by donation.
- Save up to 15% on your Kauai Vacation Condo!
- Kauai Condo/Car Packages from as low as $142/nt.
- Reserve now with National® and be the boss of your getaway.
- Shop Kauai Coffee Company's outstanding coffee
- Experience an ultimate watersport adventure at Twogood Kayaks
- "GUARANTEED" Dolphin Tour with Snorkeling Na Pali
- Alamo Rent-A-Car: Explore the island