- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Family Activities on Kauai
Family fun is easy to come by on the Garden Isle. Children of all ages will have a great time, even the kids at heart.
The most popular and cost effective of family activities on Kauai is taking the family to one of the many gorgeous beaches. Be sure to select one with a lifeguard and opt for finding calmer ocean conditions like the protected area of Lydgate Beach Park where everyone can safely swim or snorkel. Sand castles, boogie boarding or a game of Frisbee are among the entertainment choices available when you spend a day at the beach.
Tours are another way to spice up your Kaua‘i adventure with keiki (Hawaiian word for kids). Mountain tube down a former plantation irrigation system with Kaua‘i Backcountry Adventures or get down and dirty exploring unchartered territory on an ATV with Kipu Ranch Adventures. Several operations also offer ziplining where you’ll soar like a bird along cables high above the treetops.
You might also consider saddling up and experiencing spectacular mountain and ocean vistas while horseback riding. Silver Falls Ranch on the North Shore or CJM Country Stables on the South Shore provide visitors with two uniquely different landscapes.
Maybe you like the idea of having an entertaining family dining experience. Book a lū‘au, or Hawaiian feast, where you’ll be treated to a bountiful dinner with several local dishes and flavors. The meal is almost always followed by Polynesian-style performances such as fire dancing and hula.If you’re the kind of group that enjoys spending quiet time in nature, hiking could be more up your alley. Several spectacular trails exist around the island and, depending on your children’s age and agility, there’s bound to be one to suit your needs. One such moderately easy path is the Kuilau Ridge Trail near the Keahua Arboretum in Wailua with stunning views of Mount Wai‘ale‘ale and curious birds like the ‘elepaio that stop by to say, “hi.”Simply sightseeing and viewing spectacular scenery around the island is also amusing. The kids will be awed by the drive up Waimea Canyon to Koke‘e State Park where you can picnic under Hawaiian redwoods or they’ll be delighted cruising to the North Shore, stopping for smoothies and splashing in the ocean at Hanalei Bay.It’s not difficult to find a way to please everyone on this family-friendly island.
Family Activities Directory
Ho‘opulapula Haraguchi Rice Mill
ATTENTION: SEVERE FLOODING Please pray for everyone affected by the…
Reserve Kauai Sea Tours Catamaran or Raft adventure to encounter Dolphins & Whalewatch (Dec-March)
"Guaranteed" dolphin sighting plus snorkeling tour along Kauai's famous Na Pali Coast. $10 off early online bookings.
Hiking a Waimea Canyon Trail: Iliau Nature Loop
How do I put into quantified terms the limitless beauty…
Tasting Kauai – An Exhilarating, Educational Food Adventure
Put aside any pre-conceived notions that you might have had…
- Experience Brick Oven Pizza's award-winning, secret recipe, homemade sauces and doughs. Whole pizzas from $12.70 plus soups, salads and more!
- Choose from over 300 Hawaiian island tours; relive history at Pearl Harbor, snorkle beautiful reefs, experience luaus, visit ancient volcanos & more!
- Airport-Hotel Express Shuttle Service – Honolulu, Kahului, Lihue and Kona!
- FLY above the trees on our 1,200 foot KING KONG double ZIPLINE and RIDE horseback under the mountains of Jurassic Park!
- Don’t miss the boat - Save $10 and see Dolphins (Whales Dec-March) with Kauai Sea Tours
- Hawaii Ocean Project: Maui's most booked tours for 35 years!
- 8 World-class, dual ziplines at CLIMB Works Keana Farms
- Book a Volcano Air Tour with Mokulele for $499 per person!
- Luxury vacation rentals on the golden Kona Coast - BOOK NOW!
- Popular Pearl Harbors from $97.99 - BOOK NOW!
- Dolphin Excursions Snorkel Boat from just $130 including Lunch!
- From $1,459 - Oahu, Maui, Kona & Hilo 8-Nts w/Air & Hotels
- Deluxe Waterfall Safari: Experience the view from above!
- Enjoy Suites from $216 at Paradise Bay Resort on Oahu
- Combine your zipline and waterfall experience and SAVE 25%!