- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Family Activities on Kauai
Family fun is easy to come by on the Garden Isle. Children of all ages will have a great time, even the kids at heart.
The most popular and cost effective of family activities on Kauai is taking the family to one of the many gorgeous beaches. Be sure to select one with a lifeguard and opt for finding calmer ocean conditions like the protected area of Lydgate Beach Park where everyone can safely swim or snorkel. Sand castles, boogie boarding or a game of Frisbee are among the entertainment choices available when you spend a day at the beach.
Tours are another way to spice up your Kaua‘i adventure with keiki (Hawaiian word for kids). Mountain tube down a former plantation irrigation system with Kaua‘i Backcountry Adventures or get down and dirty exploring unchartered territory on an ATV with Kipu Ranch Adventures. Several operations also offer ziplining where you’ll soar like a bird along cables high above the treetops.
You might also consider saddling up and experiencing spectacular mountain and ocean vistas while horseback riding. Silver Falls Ranch on the North Shore or CJM Country Stables on the South Shore provide visitors with two uniquely different landscapes.
Maybe you like the idea of having an entertaining family dining experience. Book a lū‘au, or Hawaiian feast, where you’ll be treated to a bountiful dinner with several local dishes and flavors. The meal is almost always followed by Polynesian-style performances such as fire dancing and hula.If you’re the kind of group that enjoys spending quiet time in nature, hiking could be more up your alley. Several spectacular trails exist around the island and, depending on your children’s age and agility, there’s bound to be one to suit your needs. One such moderately easy path is the Kuilau Ridge Trail near the Keahua Arboretum in Wailua with stunning views of Mount Wai‘ale‘ale and curious birds like the ‘elepaio that stop by to say, “hi.”Simply sightseeing and viewing spectacular scenery around the island is also amusing. The kids will be awed by the drive up Waimea Canyon to Koke‘e State Park where you can picnic under Hawaiian redwoods or they’ll be delighted cruising to the North Shore, stopping for smoothies and splashing in the ocean at Hanalei Bay.It’s not difficult to find a way to please everyone on this family-friendly island.
Family Activities Directory
Kauai Sea Tours will make it the Best Day of your vacation! Reserve now!
- Kauai Sea Tours can take you where others can't! Explore the Na Pali Coast's remote Nualolo Kai beach and ancient site. Book online - Save $10!
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car® offers locations throughout Hawaii in Honolulu, Kailua, Kaneohe, and more. Low rates, and award winning service. Book now!
- FREE collectible tropical pen w/ purchase of $50 or more! Bring the authentic tastes and sights of Hawai’i to your doorstep. Shop at HOUSE OF MANA UP!
- FREE burlap beach tote with purchase of $125 or more! Bring the authentic tastes and sights of Hawai’i to your doorstep. Shop at HOUSE OF MANA UP!
- Visiting Hawaii is easy in a rental car from Alamo®. Minivans, economy cars, SUV's and more, Alamo has the rental car for your visit to Hawaii.
- The freshest macadamias & premium coffees at the best prices
- Enjoy award-winning wine selections at IL Lupino
- Zipline North Shore at CLIMB Works Keana Farms: $169/person
- 15% Off: Snorkel the reefs off Kailua Beach & Lanikai Beach with code "Kailua"
- Discounts at Dolphin Quest for Hawaii Residents and Military
- Kauai Condo/Car Packages from as low as $142/nt.
- $819 & up - 6-Nt. Maui & Kauai Island-Hopping Trip w/Air
- Rent with Enterprise® for low car rental rates in Hawaii.
- Shop Kauai Coffee Company's outstanding coffee
- Kids 2-11 swim with dolphins for $114 with code HIDEAL!