- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Family Activities on Kauai
Family fun is easy to come by on the Garden Isle. Children of all ages will have a great time, even the kids at heart.
The most popular and cost effective of family activities on Kauai is taking the family to one of the many gorgeous beaches. Be sure to select one with a lifeguard and opt for finding calmer ocean conditions like the protected area of Lydgate Beach Park where everyone can safely swim or snorkel. Sand castles, boogie boarding or a game of Frisbee are among the entertainment choices available when you spend a day at the beach.
Tours are another way to spice up your Kaua‘i adventure with keiki (Hawaiian word for kids). Mountain tube down a former plantation irrigation system with Kaua‘i Backcountry Adventures or get down and dirty exploring unchartered territory on an ATV with Kipu Ranch Adventures. Several operations also offer ziplining where you’ll soar like a bird along cables high above the treetops.
You might also consider saddling up and experiencing spectacular mountain and ocean vistas while horseback riding. Silver Falls Ranch on the North Shore or CJM Country Stables on the South Shore provide visitors with two uniquely different landscapes.
Maybe you like the idea of having an entertaining family dining experience. Book a lū‘au, or Hawaiian feast, where you’ll be treated to a bountiful dinner with several local dishes and flavors. The meal is almost always followed by Polynesian-style performances such as fire dancing and hula.If you’re the kind of group that enjoys spending quiet time in nature, hiking could be more up your alley. Several spectacular trails exist around the island and, depending on your children’s age and agility, there’s bound to be one to suit your needs. One such moderately easy path is the Kuilau Ridge Trail near the Keahua Arboretum in Wailua with stunning views of Mount Wai‘ale‘ale and curious birds like the ‘elepaio that stop by to say, “hi.”Simply sightseeing and viewing spectacular scenery around the island is also amusing. The kids will be awed by the drive up Waimea Canyon to Koke‘e State Park where you can picnic under Hawaiian redwoods or they’ll be delighted cruising to the North Shore, stopping for smoothies and splashing in the ocean at Hanalei Bay.It’s not difficult to find a way to please everyone on this family-friendly island.
Family Activities Directory
Ho‘opulapula Haraguchi Rice Mill
ATTENTION: SEVERE FLOODING Please pray for everyone affected by the…
Reserve Kauai Sea Tours Catamaran or Raft adventure to encounter Dolphins & Whalewatch (Dec-March)
Visit Pearl Harbor and take a city tour of Honolulu. Flight/transport included.
Anaina Hou Mini Golf & Gardens - not your typical miniture golf course!
Kauai Sea Tours will make it the Best Day of your vacation! Reserve now!
Hiking a Waimea Canyon Trail: Iliau Nature Loop
How do I put into quantified terms the limitless beauty…
Tasting Kauai – An Exhilarating, Educational Food Adventure
Put aside any pre-conceived notions that you might have had…
- Best of Hawaii 4 Island Tour - 13-day guided tour now from only $1,999! SAVE $700 per couple on select departures! Inter-island flights included.
- Big Island, Kauai & Maui 6-night multi-island adventure, from $1,259
- Island Helicopters offers the best rates on Kauai’s 50-55 minute circle-island helicopter tour! Check out their website or call direct.
- PAY NOW SAVE NOW! 15% Off Best Available Hotel Rates when pre-paying your stay with Castle Resorts & Hotels.
- Raise awareness against breast cancer w/ Condominium Rentals Hawaii! $10 will be donated to Pacific Cancer Foundation w/ each booking made in October
- Best Whalewatch tour on Maui. Book and save 10%
- Taste love in a bottle: Visit the Ko Hana Hawaiian Agricole Rum Distillery - $25
- Try North Shore Oahu's famous shrimp plates from $14!
- 12-Day Hawaiian Islands Cruise & Tour from $1,999! SAVE $350pp
- Refuge Eco-Tour: Land at a secluded botanical preserve!
- From $689 - Oahu 6-Nt. Romantic Holiday w/Air & Hotels
- Save up to 25% on your Maui Vacation Condo!
- Paradise Helicopters 10% off! See volcanoes, waterfalls & coastlines.
- Big Wave Dave: Waikiki's best surfing lessons & local coffee
- Swim with dolphins & sea turtles for $146 with code HIDEAL!