- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Family Activities on Kauai
Family fun is easy to come by on the Garden Isle. Children of all ages will have a great time, even the kids at heart.
The most popular and cost effective of family activities on Kauai is taking the family to one of the many gorgeous beaches. Be sure to select one with a lifeguard and opt for finding calmer ocean conditions like the protected area of Lydgate Beach Park where everyone can safely swim or snorkel. Sand castles, boogie boarding or a game of Frisbee are among the entertainment choices available when you spend a day at the beach.
Tours are another way to spice up your Kaua‘i adventure with keiki (Hawaiian word for kids). Mountain tube down a former plantation irrigation system with Kaua‘i Backcountry Adventures or get down and dirty exploring unchartered territory on an ATV with Kipu Ranch Adventures. Several operations also offer ziplining where you’ll soar like a bird along cables high above the treetops.
You might also consider saddling up and experiencing spectacular mountain and ocean vistas while horseback riding. Silver Falls Ranch on the North Shore or CJM Country Stables on the South Shore provide visitors with two uniquely different landscapes.
Maybe you like the idea of having an entertaining family dining experience. Book a lū‘au, or Hawaiian feast, where you’ll be treated to a bountiful dinner with several local dishes and flavors. The meal is almost always followed by Polynesian-style performances such as fire dancing and hula.If you’re the kind of group that enjoys spending quiet time in nature, hiking could be more up your alley. Several spectacular trails exist around the island and, depending on your children’s age and agility, there’s bound to be one to suit your needs. One such moderately easy path is the Kuilau Ridge Trail near the Keahua Arboretum in Wailua with stunning views of Mount Wai‘ale‘ale and curious birds like the ‘elepaio that stop by to say, “hi.”Simply sightseeing and viewing spectacular scenery around the island is also amusing. The kids will be awed by the drive up Waimea Canyon to Koke‘e State Park where you can picnic under Hawaiian redwoods or they’ll be delighted cruising to the North Shore, stopping for smoothies and splashing in the ocean at Hanalei Bay.It’s not difficult to find a way to please everyone on this family-friendly island.
Family Activities Directory
Ho‘opulapula Haraguchi Rice Mill
ATTENTION: SEVERE FLOODING Please pray for everyone affected by the…
Anaina Hou Mini Golf & Gardens - not your typical miniture golf course!
Book 2 tours and get 15% off the second tour!
Reserve Kauai Sea Tours Catamaran or Raft adventure to encounter Dolphins & Whalewatch (Dec-March)
Self-guided day trip packages available from Maui, Kauai and Big Island. Includes flight, car and Arizona Memorial.
Kauai Sea Tours will make it the Best Day of your vacation! Reserve now!
Hiking a Waimea Canyon Trail: Iliau Nature Loop
How do I put into quantified terms the limitless beauty…
Tasting Kauai – An Exhilarating, Educational Food Adventure
Put aside any pre-conceived notions that you might have had…
- Oahu, Kauai, and Big Island multi-island adventures! 6-night packages from $1,129
- Stay up to date with current ocean conditions in Hawaii: Text "BeachAlerts" to 43766 now for current hazard levels at Hawaii's popular beaches.
- Pearl Harbor + Oahu self-guided day trip packages available from Maui, Kauai and Big Island from $329.99. Includes flight, car and Arizona Memorial.
- $138 & Up: Maui or Kauai Vacation Condo + Car Rental!
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car® offers locations throughout Hawaii in Honolulu, Kailua, Kaneohe, and more. Low rates, and award winning service. Book now!
- Hoverboarding: Exciting activity AND guided tour of Waikiki!
- National Car Rental: Take control of your Hawaii vacation
- Nā Pali Riders offers one of a kind Whale Expeditions
- Adventure Starts Here! Northshore Zipline Maui - $119/person
- Three ways to experience the volcano: Ride in our luxury van, cruise down on a bike with a guide, or pedal down at your own pace. Starting at $95.
- $20 Snorkel Set with free transportation to the Bay
- Private lanai in all rooms! BOOK NOW
- Book Online & Save at Royal Lahaina Luau - $108 - BOOK NOW!
- Discounts at Dolphin Quest for Hawaii Residents and Military
- Book a 5BR historic home for as low as $250/nt & get a free Hawaii snacks