- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Biking on Kauai
Bike riding enthusiasts may not have many safe options when it comes to exploring Kaua‘i. Few designated bike lanes exist and plenty of large vehicles are known to skirt highway shoulders. But that doesn’t mean there aren’t some great opportunities for those who yearn to pedal in paradise.
Biking in Kapaa
First things first, you need a bike. Luckily, several businesses around the island rent them. For instance, Kaua‘i Cycle, located in Kapa‘a, has a large selection of rental options from mountain bikes to cruisers with half-day, daily or weekly rates. The rentals also include car racks, helmets and locks.
Biking Moalepe Trail
For the more adventuresome, trail riding is another option. Moalepe Trail to Kuilau Ridge Trail, for example, is a relatively easy five miles and a great place for bike riders to fully immerse in one of Kaua‘i’s lush rainforests. This journey, which is best explored when dry, includes alluring mountain scenery like Wai‘ale‘ale, one of the wettest spots on earth.
Ask a Pro Before Heading Out
However, your best bet before heading out is to ask bike rental employees for suggestions on the best locations that suit your particular needs.
Guided Bike Tours on Kauai
Some companies like The Bike Doktor in Hanalei also offer group rides to those wanting a more leisurely, guided tour. Or, if you’d rather get your adrenaline pumping, Outfitters Kaua‘i offers a “Waimea Canyon Bicycle Downhill” tour. The guided tour, which includes soaking in knowledge about the area, starts at a 3,600-foot elevation on Kaua‘i’s miniature Grand Canyon and slowly heads downhill, stopping along the way to soak in gorgeous views.
While you might not be able to safely tour the entire island by bicycle, there are some great options for those who’d rather experience parts of Kaua‘i with a little more fun and freedom.
Book 2 tours and get 15% off the second tour!
Kauai Sea Tours will make it the Best Day of your vacation! Reserve now!
Reserve Kauai Sea Tours Catamaran or Raft adventure to encounter Dolphins & Whalewatch (Dec-March)
- Explore Kauai’s remote Nualolo Kai ancient site and beach on a Kauai Sea Tours Napali Raft Adventure: Book online - Save $10!
- New Year ~ New You! Book at Castle Resorts & Hotels and get up to 35% off for stays through 11/30/20! Hurry, offer ends 1/27/19
- Locally owned and operated, Island Helicopters has nearly 40 years in the tourism industry on the Garden Island of Kauai.
- Perfect Steaks. Perfect Drinks. Hand-Selected Pairings, Just Some Of Ruth's Many Talents. Join Us At Ruth's Chris Steak House.
- Who’s ready for adventure and flying mud!? Off-Road Adventures for the whole family on the exclusive Princeville Ranch
- National Car Rental: Save with National
- Don’t forget to book your Airport Lei Greeting! Book Now
- Get low prices everyday with Alamo® in Hawaii.
- Luxury vacation rentals on the golden Kona Coast - BOOK NOW!
- Reserve your suite at ESPACIO and discover a rare and elegant luxury hotel experience unlike any other.
- Kauai Photo Tours: Kauai’s Top-Rated Land Tour!
- Experience Live Chocolate Tree Orchard on Oahu & Save 10% with code HICOM
- Haleakala Sunset & Stargazing Tour - $180/person - BOOK NOW!
- Kauai’s Real Dirt Shirts in Waimea, starting at $10
- Complimentary Buffet Breakfast at Royal Lahaina Resort. $229/night