- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Biking on Kauai
Bike riding enthusiasts may not have many safe options when it comes to exploring Kaua‘i. Few designated bike lanes exist and plenty of large vehicles are known to skirt highway shoulders. But that doesn’t mean there aren’t some great opportunities for those who yearn to pedal in paradise.
Biking in Kapaa
First things first, you need a bike. Luckily, several businesses around the island rent them. For instance, Kaua‘i Cycle, located in Kapa‘a, has a large selection of rental options from mountain bikes to cruisers with half-day, daily or weekly rates. The rentals also include car racks, helmets and locks.
Biking Moalepe Trail
For the more adventuresome, trail riding is another option. Moalepe Trail to Kuilau Ridge Trail, for example, is a relatively easy five miles and a great place for bike riders to fully immerse in one of Kaua‘i’s lush rainforests. This journey, which is best explored when dry, includes alluring mountain scenery like Wai‘ale‘ale, one of the wettest spots on earth.
Ask a Pro Before Heading Out
However, your best bet before heading out is to ask bike rental employees for suggestions on the best locations that suit your particular needs.
Guided Bike Tours on Kauai
Some companies like The Bike Doktor in Hanalei also offer group rides to those wanting a more leisurely, guided tour. Or, if you’d rather get your adrenaline pumping, Outfitters Kaua‘i offers a “Waimea Canyon Bicycle Downhill” tour. The guided tour, which includes soaking in knowledge about the area, starts at a 3,600-foot elevation on Kaua‘i’s miniature Grand Canyon and slowly heads downhill, stopping along the way to soak in gorgeous views.
While you might not be able to safely tour the entire island by bicycle, there are some great options for those who’d rather experience parts of Kaua‘i with a little more fun and freedom.
Book 2 tours and get 15% off the second tour!
Self-guided day trip packages available from Maui, Kauai and Big Island. Includes flight, car and Arizona Memorial.
"Guaranteed" dolphin sighting plus snorkeling tour along Kauai's famous Na Pali Coast. $10 off early online bookings.
Visit Pearl Harbor and take a tour of Oahu Island. Flight/transport included.
- One-Day Neighbor Island Tours from Honolulu - Maui, Kauai or the Big Isle!
- 6-night Big Island & Kauai island-hopping adventure, starting from $1,059
- Choose from over 300 Hawaiian island tours; relive history at Pearl Harbor, snorkle beautiful reefs, experience luaus, visit ancient volcanos & more!
- Kauai’s Best Night Life Activity - Enjoy a Night Shooting Adventure from $118 per person at Kauai Eco Sporting Clays!
- Enjoy an Authentic Island Experience at Kauai’s Waimea Plantation Cottages-Recently Renovated Nostalgic Charm, Truly Unique. From Only $199/Night!
- MAUI'S BEST LUAU - Old Lahaina Luau - BOOK NOW!
- Save 9% off your condo vacation rental when you book direct!
- Sunset Sail with appetizers + comp champagne for $89!
- Snorkel by day, Luau at night! Combo starting at $215.
- Swim in Poipu Beach on Kauai! Book rooms from $169/night!
- Private lanai in all rooms! BOOK NOW
- Volunteer for fun & impactful activities with travel2change!
- Exclusive Oahu Farm to Fork to Forest experience! From $170.
- BAKER'S DOZEN SPECIAL from Hamakua Mac Nut Company-SHOP NOW!
- 12-Night Hawaii Cruise from $1,499 on Celebrity X Cruises