- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Biking on Kauai
Bike riding enthusiasts may not have many safe options when it comes to exploring Kaua‘i. Few designated bike lanes exist and plenty of large vehicles are known to skirt highway shoulders. But that doesn’t mean there aren’t some great opportunities for those who yearn to pedal in paradise.
Biking in Kapaa
First things first, you need a bike. Luckily, several businesses around the island rent them. For instance, Kaua‘i Cycle, located in Kapa‘a, has a large selection of rental options from mountain bikes to cruisers with half-day, daily or weekly rates. The rentals also include car racks, helmets and locks.
Biking Moalepe Trail
For the more adventuresome, trail riding is another option. Moalepe Trail to Kuilau Ridge Trail, for example, is a relatively easy five miles and a great place for bike riders to fully immerse in one of Kaua‘i’s lush rainforests. This journey, which is best explored when dry, includes alluring mountain scenery like Wai‘ale‘ale, one of the wettest spots on earth.
Ask a Pro Before Heading Out
However, your best bet before heading out is to ask bike rental employees for suggestions on the best locations that suit your particular needs.
Guided Bike Tours on Kauai
Some companies like The Bike Doktor in Hanalei also offer group rides to those wanting a more leisurely, guided tour. Or, if you’d rather get your adrenaline pumping, Outfitters Kaua‘i offers a “Waimea Canyon Bicycle Downhill” tour. The guided tour, which includes soaking in knowledge about the area, starts at a 3,600-foot elevation on Kaua‘i’s miniature Grand Canyon and slowly heads downhill, stopping along the way to soak in gorgeous views.
While you might not be able to safely tour the entire island by bicycle, there are some great options for those who’d rather experience parts of Kaua‘i with a little more fun and freedom.
Reserve Kauai Sea Tours Catamaran or Raft adventure to encounter Dolphins & Whalewatch (Dec-March)
"Guaranteed" dolphin sighting plus snorkeling tour along Kauai's famous Na Pali Coast. $10 off early online bookings.
Self-guided day trip packages available from Maui, Kauai and Big Island. Includes flight, car and Arizona Memorial.
- National® has the perfect rental car for your trip to Hawaii. Reserve now and take control.
- Princeville Makai Golf Club is the Perfect Destination spot for Weddings and Special Celebrations
- Oahu & Kauai Island-Hopping with Air & Room, from $789. for 6 nights
- Island-hopping 6-night adventure, Maui and Kauai, from $839
- Best of Hawaii 4 Island Tour - SAVE up to $700 per couple, 2020 departures starting at $1,999! 13-day guided tour with inter-island flights included.
- Maui's Longest Running Ocean Front Luau - Royal Lahaina Luau
- From $569 - Oahu 6-Nt. Romantic Holiday w/Air & Hotels
- Day trip from Maui to Lanai by ferry! $30 each way (adults)
- From $1,189 - Oahu, Kona & Hilo 6-Nt Island-Hop Adventure
- Reserve now with National® and be the boss of your getaway.
- Lanai safari-style 4x4 Trekker Tour with a/c from $186
- Visit Giovanni's, the North Shore Oahu's best shrimp truck!
- Maui, Kauai or Big Island to PEARL HARBOR day trip $329.99.
- Taste the Flavors of Aloha with Aloha Shoyu
- From $1,159 - Big Island, Kauai & Maui 6-Nts. w/Air & Hotels