- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Biking on Kauai
Bike riding enthusiasts may not have many safe options when it comes to exploring Kaua‘i. Few designated bike lanes exist and plenty of large vehicles are known to skirt highway shoulders. But that doesn’t mean there aren’t some great opportunities for those who yearn to pedal in paradise.
Biking in Kapaa
First things first, you need a bike. Luckily, several businesses around the island rent them. For instance, Kaua‘i Cycle, located in Kapa‘a, has a large selection of rental options from mountain bikes to cruisers with half-day, daily or weekly rates. The rentals also include car racks, helmets and locks.
Biking Moalepe Trail
For the more adventuresome, trail riding is another option. Moalepe Trail to Kuilau Ridge Trail, for example, is a relatively easy five miles and a great place for bike riders to fully immerse in one of Kaua‘i’s lush rainforests. This journey, which is best explored when dry, includes alluring mountain scenery like Wai‘ale‘ale, one of the wettest spots on earth.
Ask a Pro Before Heading Out
However, your best bet before heading out is to ask bike rental employees for suggestions on the best locations that suit your particular needs.
Guided Bike Tours on Kauai
Some companies like The Bike Doktor in Hanalei also offer group rides to those wanting a more leisurely, guided tour. Or, if you’d rather get your adrenaline pumping, Outfitters Kaua‘i offers a “Waimea Canyon Bicycle Downhill” tour. The guided tour, which includes soaking in knowledge about the area, starts at a 3,600-foot elevation on Kaua‘i’s miniature Grand Canyon and slowly heads downhill, stopping along the way to soak in gorgeous views.
While you might not be able to safely tour the entire island by bicycle, there are some great options for those who’d rather experience parts of Kaua‘i with a little more fun and freedom.
Visit Pearl Harbor and take a tour of Oahu Island. Flight/transport included.
Kauai Sea Tours will make it the Best Day of your vacation! Reserve now!
Book 2 tours and get 15% off the second tour!
Anaina Hou Mini Golf & Gardens - not your typical miniture golf course!
- Discover the tastes of Pacific Rim-inspired cuisine in a relaxed, open-air locale. The possibilities are endless at Kukui's on Kalapaki Beach
- 4-Island-hopping adventure: Oahu, Kauai, Maui & Big Island 8-night package from $1,429
- Visit the USS Arizona Memorial & USS Missouri and take a city tour of Honolulu from $97.99. Tours from Maui, Kauai and Big Island start at $329.99.
- Arriving soon? Don’t forget to book your Airport Lei Greeting! It’s a Hawaiian tradition you won’t want to miss. Book Now
- Raise awareness against breast cancer w/ Condominium Rentals Hawaii! $10 will be donated to Pacific Cancer Foundation w/ each booking made in October
- Tour the heritage sugarcane fields and taste Hawaii’s Kō Hana Rum - $25
- Unique & Tranquil-The Plantation Inn in the heart of Lahaina
- Live Music in an Intimate Setting: See the Blue Note Lineup
- Get Hawaii's Premium High Performance Natural Zinc Sunscreen
- Come and join us at the 29th Hula O Na Keiki at KBH Maui
- Only Island Helicopters can land you at Jurassic Falls.
- Find your perfect vacation home in Kona from $89/night!
- Pearl Harbor + Oahu Island tour from $114.99 - BOOK NOW!
- Lanai safari-style 4x4 Trekker Tour with a/c from $180.96!
- $1,229 & up - Hawaii: Beach & Volcano 8-Nights w/Air & Car