- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Biking on Kauai
Bike riding enthusiasts may not have many safe options when it comes to exploring Kaua‘i. Few designated bike lanes exist and plenty of large vehicles are known to skirt highway shoulders. But that doesn’t mean there aren’t some great opportunities for those who yearn to pedal in paradise.
Biking in Kapaa
First things first, you need a bike. Luckily, several businesses around the island rent them. For instance, Kaua‘i Cycle, located in Kapa‘a, has a large selection of rental options from mountain bikes to cruisers with half-day, daily or weekly rates. The rentals also include car racks, helmets and locks.
Biking Moalepe Trail
For the more adventuresome, trail riding is another option. Moalepe Trail to Kuilau Ridge Trail, for example, is a relatively easy five miles and a great place for bike riders to fully immerse in one of Kaua‘i’s lush rainforests. This journey, which is best explored when dry, includes alluring mountain scenery like Wai‘ale‘ale, one of the wettest spots on earth.
Ask a Pro Before Heading Out
However, your best bet before heading out is to ask bike rental employees for suggestions on the best locations that suit your particular needs.
Guided Bike Tours on Kauai
Some companies like The Bike Doktor in Hanalei also offer group rides to those wanting a more leisurely, guided tour. Or, if you’d rather get your adrenaline pumping, Outfitters Kaua‘i offers a “Waimea Canyon Bicycle Downhill” tour. The guided tour, which includes soaking in knowledge about the area, starts at a 3,600-foot elevation on Kaua‘i’s miniature Grand Canyon and slowly heads downhill, stopping along the way to soak in gorgeous views.
While you might not be able to safely tour the entire island by bicycle, there are some great options for those who’d rather experience parts of Kaua‘i with a little more fun and freedom.
Book 2 tours and get 15% off the second tour!
Visit Pearl Harbor and take a tour of Oahu Island. Flight/transport included.
Reserve Kauai Sea Tours Catamaran or Raft adventure to encounter Dolphins & Whalewatch (Dec-March)
Visit Pearl Harbor and tour Oahu on a self-guided day trip. Flight/car rental included.
Visit Pearl Harbor and take a city tour of Honolulu. Flight/transport included.
- Order your Wedding Leis at HawaiiFlowerLei.com. Fresh, custom made Wedding Leis hand delivered or shipped in our exclusive lei cooler, Nationwide!
- Visit the USS Arizona Memorial and take a 120-mile tour of Oahu Island from $97.99. Tours from Maui, Kauai and Big Island start at $329.99.
- Princeville Makai Golf Club Introduces the Brand New Mauka Disc Golf Course for All to Enjoy!
- Island-hopping 6-night adventure, Maui and Kauai, from $1,219
- Island Helicopters offers unique tours around this tropical paradise; including one of Hawaii’s most elite tours, the Jurassic Falls Landing Adventure
- Hawaii's most beautiful courses-See the difference @ Bay View
- From $129 - Dolphins Guaranteed Sail in West Oahu
- Voted Best Of Maui, Waterfall Hike & Chocolate Tour!
- Rent with Enterprise® for low car rental rates in Hawaii.
- All-You-Can-Eat Sushi Buffet at Kaku Sushi, Waikiki!
- Day trip from Maui to Lanai by ferry! $30 each way (adults)
- Paddle a canoe for your upcoming Maui trip
- Grand Naniloa Resort: AAA/CAA/JAF Members - SAVE 10%
- Save up to 25% on your Kauai Vacation Condo
- Save up to 25% on your Maui Vacation Condo!