- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Biking on Kauai
Bike riding enthusiasts may not have many safe options when it comes to exploring Kaua‘i. Few designated bike lanes exist and plenty of large vehicles are known to skirt highway shoulders. But that doesn’t mean there aren’t some great opportunities for those who yearn to pedal in paradise.
Biking in Kapaa
First things first, you need a bike. Luckily, several businesses around the island rent them. For instance, Kaua‘i Cycle, located in Kapa‘a, has a large selection of rental options from mountain bikes to cruisers with half-day, daily or weekly rates. The rentals also include car racks, helmets and locks.
Biking Moalepe Trail
For the more adventuresome, trail riding is another option. Moalepe Trail to Kuilau Ridge Trail, for example, is a relatively easy five miles and a great place for bike riders to fully immerse in one of Kaua‘i’s lush rainforests. This journey, which is best explored when dry, includes alluring mountain scenery like Wai‘ale‘ale, one of the wettest spots on earth.
Ask a Pro Before Heading Out
However, your best bet before heading out is to ask bike rental employees for suggestions on the best locations that suit your particular needs.
Guided Bike Tours on Kauai
Some companies like The Bike Doktor in Hanalei also offer group rides to those wanting a more leisurely, guided tour. Or, if you’d rather get your adrenaline pumping, Outfitters Kaua‘i offers a “Waimea Canyon Bicycle Downhill” tour. The guided tour, which includes soaking in knowledge about the area, starts at a 3,600-foot elevation on Kaua‘i’s miniature Grand Canyon and slowly heads downhill, stopping along the way to soak in gorgeous views.
While you might not be able to safely tour the entire island by bicycle, there are some great options for those who’d rather experience parts of Kaua‘i with a little more fun and freedom.
- Big Island, Kauai & Maui 6-night multi-island adventure, from $1,079
- Book Your Family Cruise Vacation with Hawaii.com!
- Island-hopping 6-night adventure, Maui and Kauai, from $929
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car: Enterprise makes it easy to explore the island
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car® offers locations throughout Hawaii in Honolulu, Kailua, Kaneohe, and more. Low rates, and award winning service. Book now!
- $99 Big Island dolphin tour! Buy now, plan later & save BIG!
- 12-Day Best of Hawaii 4 Island Tour in 2021 from $1,999!
- "GUARANTEED" Dolphin Tour with Snorkeling Na Pali
- Cozy Kokee Museum, always waiting. Admission by donation.
- Visit Today! Unique tropical nature preserve and sanctuary
- National Car Rental: Take control of your Hawaii vacation
- Visit Giovanni's, the North Shore Oahu's best shrimp truck!
- From $89 - Waikiki Sunset Sail with Hawaii Nautical
- From $149 - Friday night Waikiki fireworks dinner cruise
- Get Hawaii's Premium High Performance Natural Zinc Sunscreen