Places on Kauai
The Garden Isle might be small but there are plenty of places to visit on Kauai. Every neighborhood has something special to unveil and spending time in each of the unique towns gives you an opportunity to see and learn something different.
Kauai is divided into four separate regions – North Shore, Eastside, South Shore and Westside. These areas are host to exclusive features including geography that make them all worth checking out.
Kauai’s North Shore
On the more verdant North Shore are three must-see towns – Hanalei, Princeville and Kilauea; each only about 20 minutes away from one another. Hanalei, which is the location of the famous Hanalei Bay Beach, is a picturesque small town that nestles against the mighty Namolokama Mountain. Princeville is largely known as the location for timeshares and vacation rentals, as well as one of the largest hotels on the island (St. Regis) where mai tais and champagne can be enjoyed with an exquisite view. Kilauea is what a great majority of North Shore residents call home and also boasts the Historic Kong Lung Market Center and the best place to view native seabirds at the Kilauea Lighthouse and Wildlife Refuge. Read more
The Eastside of the island is where most of the island’s population resides. Kapaa and Lihue are some of the best places to visit on Kauai for swimmable beaches including Kealia and Kalapaki. These two towns also have plenty of walkable areas to traverse and opportunities to shop and dine.
Kauai’s South Shore
The places to see on Kauai don’t stop there – the South Shore offers something entirely different and it’s almost always sunny there. This also is where you will find one of the newest shopping centers on the island, The Shops at Kukuiula, with a variety of local keepsakes as well as international eateries. Poipu is a great place to stop for a swim or relax beachside, or maybe have a picnic on the grounds of the National Tropical Botanical Garden.
One of the most talked about places to visit on Kauai, however, is located on the Westside in Waimea. Kokee State Park and Waimea Canyon are worth the drive with vistas that rival some of the most beautiful in the world. Kauai’s Biggest Little Town, the artistic Hanapepe, also located on the Westside near Waimea, comes alive every Friday during its Art Night with food and fun for everyone.
Haena on Kauai is a Place Surrounded by Emerald...
Hā‘ena is Kaua‘i’s most isolated community, steeped in tropical beauty, as well as legend and lore. It’s where the Hawaiian fire goddess, Pele, is said to have dug a cavernous home, known as Waikapala‘e wet cave, for her lover, though her efforts were thwarted as the abode kept filling with water. Legend also has it…
Lihue: More than Meets the Eye
Līhu‘e serves as the transportation, industrial and public sector hub…
Sunny Poipu, the Premiere Place for Shopping and...
Kaua‘i is known for its astounding natural beauty, but did…
- Top Hawaii Cruise Deals: 14 Night Princess Cruise from $1,999
- Visit the USS Arizona Memorial & USS Missouri and take a city tour of Honolulu from $89.99. Tours from Maui, Kauai and Big Island start at $429.99.
- Book 7 nights or more and receive 10% off your entire stay! Offer valid for stays completed by December 20, 2018 at Hotel Coral Reef!
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: 10% OFF Kauai horseback riding adventure for the whole family at Silver Falls Ranch! Must call to book and mention Hawaii.com.
- Pearl Harbor + Oahu self-guided day trip packages available from Maui, Kauai and Big Island from $329.99. Includes flight, car and Arizona Memorial.
- Semi-private Oahu Circle Island Tour from $149
- Save $45! Pre-buy breakfast, car & parking at Royal Kona
- Island-hop vacation fr $939; see the Big Island & Oahu
- Magical setting at Kanaloa at Kona by Outrigger from $129/nt
- Sunshine on Sale: 4th NT free & daily breakfast buffet for 2
- Royal Lahaina Resort - Aloha Reduced Rates from $195/nt
- Royal Lahaina 6 Night Stays in Partial Ocean View fr $194/nt
- Best Price Guarantee, No Booking Fees & Weekly Cruise Deals.
- Enjoy views of Diamond Head at Waikiki Shore by Outrigger!
- Get 20% Off your vacation rental at Castle Vacation Rentals