Places on Kauai
The Garden Isle might be small but there are plenty of places to visit on Kauai. Every neighborhood has something special to unveil and spending time in each of the unique towns gives you an opportunity to see and learn something different.
Kauai is divided into four separate regions – North Shore, Eastside, South Shore and Westside. These areas are host to exclusive features including geography that make them all worth checking out.
Kauai’s North Shore
On the more verdant North Shore are three must-see towns – Hanalei, Princeville and Kilauea; each only about 20 minutes away from one another. Hanalei, which is the location of the famous Hanalei Bay Beach, is a picturesque small town that nestles against the mighty Namolokama Mountain. Princeville is largely known as the location for timeshares and vacation rentals, as well as one of the largest hotels on the island (St. Regis) where mai tais and champagne can be enjoyed with an exquisite view. Kilauea is what a great majority of North Shore residents call home and also boasts the Historic Kong Lung Market Center and the best place to view native seabirds at the Kilauea Lighthouse and Wildlife Refuge. Read more
The Eastside of the island is where most of the island’s population resides. Kapaa and Lihue are some of the best places to visit on Kauai for swimmable beaches including Kealia and Kalapaki. These two towns also have plenty of walkable areas to traverse and opportunities to shop and dine.
Kauai’s South Shore
The places to see on Kauai don’t stop there – the South Shore offers something entirely different and it’s almost always sunny there. This also is where you will find one of the newest shopping centers on the island, The Shops at Kukuiula, with a variety of local keepsakes as well as international eateries. Poipu is a great place to stop for a swim or relax beachside, or maybe have a picnic on the grounds of the National Tropical Botanical Garden.
One of the most talked about places to visit on Kauai, however, is located on the Westside in Waimea. Kokee State Park and Waimea Canyon are worth the drive with vistas that rival some of the most beautiful in the world. Kauai’s Biggest Little Town, the artistic Hanapepe, also located on the Westside near Waimea, comes alive every Friday during its Art Night with food and fun for everyone.
Haena on Kauai is a Place Surrounded by Emerald...
Hā‘ena is Kaua‘i’s most isolated community, steeped in tropical beauty, as well as legend and lore. It’s where the Hawaiian fire goddess, Pele, is said to have dug a cavernous home, known as Waikapala‘e wet cave, for her lover, though her efforts were thwarted as the abode kept filling with water. Legend also has it…
Lihue: More than Meets the Eye
Līhu‘e serves as the transportation, industrial and public sector hub…
Sunny Poipu, the Premiere Place for Shopping and...
Kaua‘i is known for its astounding natural beauty, but did…
- Top Hawaii Cruise Deals: 7 Night Norwegian Cruise from $1,199
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car: Incredible customer service and the savings to match. Save on Everyday Low Rates. We’ll Pick you Up®
- 6-night multi-island adventures, starting from $1,029. Visit Oahu, Kauai, and Maui!
- Experience Hawaii like never before with Ziplines, Horseback, Waterfalls, Off-Road 4x4 and more! Only at Princeville Ranch
- Top Hawaii Cruise Deals: 14 Night Princess Cruise from $1,399
- PAY NOW SAVE NOW! 15% Off Best Available Hotel Rates
- 30% OFF rooms + $50 resort credit at THE MODERN HONOLULU
- Royal Lahaina Resort - Aloha Reduced Rates from $215/nt
- 8 World-class, dual ziplines at CLIMB Works Keana Farms
- Grand Naniloa Hotel: Free golf with every stay!
- Best Big Island Vacation Rentals starting from $89/night
- From $819 - Oahu 6-Nt. Romantic Holiday w/Air & Hotels
- 10% OFF Kauai horseback riding! Click here & call to book!
- Tour Oahu's most awe-inspiring landmarks. From $53+
- FREE Taro Dessert with every Taro Smoothie! Mention this ad!