Places on Kauai
The Garden Isle might be small but there are plenty of places to visit on Kauai. Every neighborhood has something special to unveil and spending time in each of the unique towns gives you an opportunity to see and learn something different.
Kauai is divided into four separate regions – North Shore, Eastside, South Shore and Westside. These areas are host to exclusive features including geography that make them all worth checking out.
Kauai’s North Shore
On the more verdant North Shore are three must-see towns – Hanalei, Princeville and Kilauea; each only about 20 minutes away from one another. Hanalei, which is the location of the famous Hanalei Bay Beach, is a picturesque small town that nestles against the mighty Namolokama Mountain. Princeville is largely known as the location for timeshares and vacation rentals, as well as one of the largest hotels on the island (St. Regis) where mai tais and champagne can be enjoyed with an exquisite view. Kilauea is what a great majority of North Shore residents call home and also boasts the Historic Kong Lung Market Center and the best place to view native seabirds at the Kilauea Lighthouse and Wildlife Refuge. Read more
The Eastside of the island is where most of the island’s population resides. Kapaa and Lihue are some of the best places to visit on Kauai for swimmable beaches including Kealia and Kalapaki. These two towns also have plenty of walkable areas to traverse and opportunities to shop and dine.
Kauai’s South Shore
The places to see on Kauai don’t stop there – the South Shore offers something entirely different and it’s almost always sunny there. This also is where you will find one of the newest shopping centers on the island, The Shops at Kukuiula, with a variety of local keepsakes as well as international eateries. Poipu is a great place to stop for a swim or relax beachside, or maybe have a picnic on the grounds of the National Tropical Botanical Garden.
One of the most talked about places to visit on Kauai, however, is located on the Westside in Waimea. Kokee State Park and Waimea Canyon are worth the drive with vistas that rival some of the most beautiful in the world. Kauai’s Biggest Little Town, the artistic Hanapepe, also located on the Westside near Waimea, comes alive every Friday during its Art Night with food and fun for everyone.
How to Visit Kauai’s Haena State Park
New regulations are in place for accessing Hā‘ena State Park, to help protect some of Kaua‘i’s most precious resources from overuse.
Lihue: More than Meets the Eye
Līhu‘e serves as the transportation, industrial and public sector hub…
Sunny Poipu, the Premiere Place for Shopping and...
Kaua‘i is known for its astounding natural beauty, but did…
- Best of Hawaii 4-Island Tour 2021 departures starting at $1,999! SAVE $500 per couple on a 12-day guided tour with inter-island flights included.
- Hawaiian Islands Cruise & Tour 2021 departures starting at $2,099! SAVE $500 per couple. Visit 4 islands in 12 days with an extended stay on Oahu.
- 40% Off Slippers, Sandals & Reef Walkers at Kaka’ako Kasuals
- With over 4 million coffee trees, Kauai Coffee Company is Hawaii’s largest coffee grower. Shop their wide selection of outstanding coffee
- Save up to 25%: Join the Emerald Club® so you can bypass the counter, choose your own car and get on your way fast
- Shop rates w/3 car rental partners. Receive a discount
- Plan for your 2021 Maui Vacation
- 12-Day Best of Hawaii 4 Island Tour in 2021 from $1,999!
- WAIKIKI ESCAPE Save up to 20% when you stay 3 or more nights
- Maui Condo/Car Packages from as low as $142/nt.
- Discounts at Dolphin Quest for Hawaii Residents and Military
- Save up to 15% on your Maui Vacation Condo!
- From $1,089 - Oahu, Kona & Hilo 6-Nt Island-Hop Adventure
- Rent with Enterprise® for low car rental rates in Hawaii.
- From $89 - Waikiki Sunset Sail with Hawaii Nautical