Places on Kauai
The Garden Isle might be small but there are plenty of places to visit on Kauai. Every neighborhood has something special to unveil and spending time in each of the unique towns gives you an opportunity to see and learn something different.
Kauai is divided into four separate regions – North Shore, Eastside, South Shore and Westside. These areas are host to exclusive features including geography that make them all worth checking out.
Kauai’s North Shore
On the more verdant North Shore are three must-see towns – Hanalei, Princeville and Kilauea; each only about 20 minutes away from one another. Hanalei, which is the location of the famous Hanalei Bay Beach, is a picturesque small town that nestles against the mighty Namolokama Mountain. Princeville is largely known as the location for timeshares and vacation rentals, as well as one of the largest hotels on the island (St. Regis) where mai tais and champagne can be enjoyed with an exquisite view. Kilauea is what a great majority of North Shore residents call home and also boasts the Historic Kong Lung Market Center and the best place to view native seabirds at the Kilauea Lighthouse and Wildlife Refuge. Read more
The Eastside of the island is where most of the island’s population resides. Kapaa and Lihue are some of the best places to visit on Kauai for swimmable beaches including Kealia and Kalapaki. These two towns also have plenty of walkable areas to traverse and opportunities to shop and dine.
Kauai’s South Shore
The places to see on Kauai don’t stop there – the South Shore offers something entirely different and it’s almost always sunny there. This also is where you will find one of the newest shopping centers on the island, The Shops at Kukuiula, with a variety of local keepsakes as well as international eateries. Poipu is a great place to stop for a swim or relax beachside, or maybe have a picnic on the grounds of the National Tropical Botanical Garden.
One of the most talked about places to visit on Kauai, however, is located on the Westside in Waimea. Kokee State Park and Waimea Canyon are worth the drive with vistas that rival some of the most beautiful in the world. Kauai’s Biggest Little Town, the artistic Hanapepe, also located on the Westside near Waimea, comes alive every Friday during its Art Night with food and fun for everyone.
Lihue: More than Meets the Eye
Līhu‘e serves as the transportation, industrial and public sector hub of Kaua‘i. As such, it might not seem like there’s anything to see here. But there are many reasons to visit this charming historical town besides simply catching your flight. Lihue, Revitalized Located along the eastern shore of the Garden Isle, the community was founded…
Sunny Poipu, the Premiere Place for Shopping and...
Kaua‘i is known for its astounding natural beauty, but did…
Kilauea: Quaint and Charming on Kauai’s...
Kīlauea is a quaint, charming town located on the gorgeous…
Discover the Old Plantation Town of Koloa
Historic and picturesque, the Koloa district spans from Old Koloa…
- $1,069 & up - 6-Nt. Island Hopping Adventure in Oahu, Kauai & Maui w/Air
- $949 & up - 6-Night Oahu & Kauai Island-Hopping Trip w/Air & Hotels
- Surf and sun inspired Hawaiian bath and body products, Bungalow Glow's Premium Organic soy candles, and more from Bubble Shack Hawaii
- Visit Oahu, Kauai & Maui: 6-Nt. Island Hopping Adventure w/Air from $1,069
- $865+ Kauai Marriott Resort: Kids stay FREE offers PLUS FREE double upgrade car rental offers!
- Early Booking, 10% Off for Hawai'i's Most Authentic Luau
- GET 6 boxes and save 30% plus get a FREE 24oz Hydro Flask
- Swim in Poipu Beach on Kauai! Book rooms from $169/night!
- Alamo Rent-A-Car: Get great prices
- Enjoy Suites from $208 at Paradise Bay Resort on Oahu
- Discover naturally beautiful Big Island from only $139/night
- 20% off our Best Available Rates - Shoreline Waikiki Hotel!
- AirVentures Kauai: Call for our DAILY SPECIAL 1-866-646-7864
- Book rooms at Lae Nani Resort Kauai by Outrigger
- Take in glorious sunsets at Outrigger Waikiki Beach Resort!