Places on Kauai
The Garden Isle might be small but there are plenty of places to visit on Kauai. Every neighborhood has something special to unveil and spending time in each of the unique towns gives you an opportunity to see and learn something different.
Kauai is divided into four separate regions – North Shore, Eastside, South Shore and Westside. These areas are host to exclusive features including geography that make them all worth checking out.
Kauai’s North Shore
On the more verdant North Shore are three must-see towns – Hanalei, Princeville and Kilauea; each only about 20 minutes away from one another. Hanalei, which is the location of the famous Hanalei Bay Beach, is a picturesque small town that nestles against the mighty Namolokama Mountain. Princeville is largely known as the location for timeshares and vacation rentals, as well as one of the largest hotels on the island (St. Regis) where mai tais and champagne can be enjoyed with an exquisite view. Kilauea is what a great majority of North Shore residents call home and also boasts the Historic Kong Lung Market Center and the best place to view native seabirds at the Kilauea Lighthouse and Wildlife Refuge. Read more
The Eastside of the island is where most of the island’s population resides. Kapaa and Lihue are some of the best places to visit on Kauai for swimmable beaches including Kealia and Kalapaki. These two towns also have plenty of walkable areas to traverse and opportunities to shop and dine.
Kauai’s South Shore
The places to see on Kauai don’t stop there – the South Shore offers something entirely different and it’s almost always sunny there. This also is where you will find one of the newest shopping centers on the island, The Shops at Kukuiula, with a variety of local keepsakes as well as international eateries. Poipu is a great place to stop for a swim or relax beachside, or maybe have a picnic on the grounds of the National Tropical Botanical Garden.
One of the most talked about places to visit on Kauai, however, is located on the Westside in Waimea. Kokee State Park and Waimea Canyon are worth the drive with vistas that rival some of the most beautiful in the world. Kauai’s Biggest Little Town, the artistic Hanapepe, also located on the Westside near Waimea, comes alive every Friday during its Art Night with food and fun for everyone.
Hanapepe: Kauai’s Biggest Little Town
Hanapepe’s main drag looks like a clip out of an old Western movie. Someone counted more than 40 structures that have been standing long enough to be listed on state or national historic registers. Of course, the paperwork has never been done. Fine Art Galleries Hanapepe claims to be home to more fine art galleries…
Lihue: More than Meets the Eye
Līhu‘e serves as the transportation, industrial and public sector hub…
Sunny Poipu, the Premiere Place for Shopping and...
Kaua‘i is known for its astounding natural beauty, but did…
Kilauea: Quaint and Charming on Kauai’s...
Kīlauea is a quaint, charming town located on the gorgeous…
- 20% off your first purchase of MySparklingParadise beach and ocean souvenirs! Exclusive offer: Use discount code “Hawaii.com20%Off” at checkout.
- 10% Off: Tour 50 acres of rare & endangered tropical plants
- $1,019 & up - 6-Night Maui & Kauai Island Trip w/Air & Hotels
- $875+ Kauai Marriott Resort: Best available rates and added values!
- Experience the newest Kauai Zipline Tour, Skyline Eco-Adventures, located minutes from the Poipu resort area!!! BOOK NOW from $139
- World famous diving, top quality instruction - Kona Coast
- Find island inspired gifts & souvenirs at Emperor's Emporium
- Book 7 nights or more & receive 10% off at Hotel Coral Reef
- GET 6 boxes and save 30% plus get a FREE 24oz Hydro Flask
- 20% off our Best Available Rates - Shoreline Waikiki Hotel!
- Book online & save $10 on Smith Family Garden Luau, Kauai!
- Hale Huaka`i - your adventous starts here with our beachboys
- Handmade and all natural Hawaiian bath and body soaps
- Best Big Island Vacation Rentals starting from $89/night
- Luxury airport shuttle transfer packages-BOOK NOW!