- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
A trip to Kaua‘i isn’t complete without a little time spent at one of the many splendid shorelines that decorate the island. Nick-named for its dense vegetation and ornate plant life, the Garden Isle is also notorious for its vast stretches of golden beaches and blue Pacific water.
Whether it’s just digging your feet into the creamy sand or dunking your entire body into the ocean, there are many ways to enjoy the perks of Kaua‘i beaches. You can even sit under a tree in the shade, cozy up with a good book and let the waves serenade you. The good news is that no matter what part of the island you’re staying, there’s at least one celebrated beach nearby.
If you do decide to participate in water recreation, make sure to visit one of the island’s lifeguarded beaches — Kē‘ē, Hanalei, Hā‘ena, Anahola, Lydgate, Keālia, Kekaha, Po‘ipū and Salt Pond — and check ocean conditions before grabbing your snorkeling gear. Due to its isolated, northwestern location along the Hawaiian archipelago, the waters along Kaua‘i’s coasts can get treacherous.
Along the east side are two prominent places to lounge or swim – Lydgate, which is also ideal for families, as there is a rock-lined enclosure that keeps waves out, and the north end of Kealia where more advanced swimmers can bring a boogie board and have fun wrestling with the tide.
Of course, there are other lovely beaches worth visiting, like ‘Anini, Tunnels, Shipwreck and Lumaha‘i, but are only advisable for swimming when the conditions are right. Nonetheless, they make for great picnic locales and places to kick back and appreciate the scenery. You really don’t have to get in the water to reap all the nourishing benefits Kaua‘i beaches have to offer.
Kee Beach: the End of the Road Never Looked So Beautiful
Sometimes when you say you’ve reached the end of the…
Poipu Beach: Turquoise Water, Soft White Sand
Turquoise water paired with gorgeous soft white sand; coconut trees…
Visit a Wilderness Area – Mahaulepu
Mahaʻulepu, the last undeveloped shoreline on Kauaʻi’s southern coast, is…
Visit Polihale Beach on Kauai’s West Side
Polihale, an uncommonly beautiful beach, casts an almost sacred spell…
- Choose from over 300 Hawaiian island tours; relive history at Pearl Harbor, snorkle beautiful reefs, experience luaus, visit ancient volcanos & more!
- Oahu & Kauai Island-Hopping with Air & Room, from $909. for 6 nights
- Explore Kauai’s remote Nualolo Kai ancient site and beach on a Kauai Sea Tours Napali Raft Adventure: Book online - Save $10!
- PAY NOW SAVE NOW! 15% Off Best Available Hotel Rates when pre-paying your stay with Castle Resorts & Hotels.
- Book online & save $10 on Smith Family Garden Luau, Kauai!
- Book a Volcano Air Tour with Mokulele for $499 per person!
- Swim with dolphins & sea turtles for $146 with code HIDEAL!
- Outrigger Canoe Rides on Waikiki Beach for $30!
- From $1,459 - Oahu, Maui, Kona & Hilo 8-Nts w/Air & Hotels
- Save 25%! Pre-purchase breakfast at Royal Lahaina Resort
- Summit Maunakea, the highest point in the Pacific, from $196
- $35 Waikiki Marine Life Sail w/ Mana Kai Catamaran-BOOK NOW!
- Get 15% off paddle board lessons in Kailua w/ code
- Kauai Sea Tours takes you to remote beaches others cannot!
- Hoverboarding: Exciting activity AND guided tour of Waikiki!