- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
A trip to Kaua‘i isn’t complete without a little time spent at one of the many splendid shorelines that decorate the island. Nick-named for its dense vegetation and ornate plant life, the Garden Isle is also notorious for its vast stretches of golden beaches and blue Pacific water.
Whether it’s just digging your feet into the creamy sand or dunking your entire body into the ocean, there are many ways to enjoy the perks of Kaua‘i beaches. You can even sit under a tree in the shade, cozy up with a good book and let the waves serenade you. The good news is that no matter what part of the island you’re staying, there’s at least one celebrated beach nearby.
If you do decide to participate in water recreation, make sure to visit one of the island’s lifeguarded beaches — Kē‘ē, Hanalei, Hā‘ena, Anahola, Lydgate, Keālia, Kekaha, Po‘ipū and Salt Pond — and check ocean conditions before grabbing your snorkeling gear. Due to its isolated, northwestern location along the Hawaiian archipelago, the waters along Kaua‘i’s coasts can get treacherous.
Along the east side are two prominent places to lounge or swim – Lydgate, which is also ideal for families, as there is a rock-lined enclosure that keeps waves out, and the north end of Kealia where more advanced swimmers can bring a boogie board and have fun wrestling with the tide.
Of course, there are other lovely beaches worth visiting, like ‘Anini, Tunnels, Shipwreck and Lumaha‘i, but are only advisable for swimming when the conditions are right. Nonetheless, they make for great picnic locales and places to kick back and appreciate the scenery. You really don’t have to get in the water to reap all the nourishing benefits Kaua‘i beaches have to offer.
Kee Beach: the End of the Road Never Looked So Beautiful
Sometimes when you say you’ve reached the end of the…
Poipu Beach: Turquoise Water, Soft White Sand
Turquoise water paired with gorgeous soft white sand; coconut trees…
Visit a Wilderness Area – Mahaulepu
Mahaʻulepu, the last undeveloped shoreline on Kauaʻi’s southern coast, is…
Visit Polihale Beach on Kauai’s West Side
Polihale, an uncommonly beautiful beach, casts an almost sacred spell…
- Book online & save $10 on Smith Family Garden Luau, Kauai!
- Top Hawaii Cruise Deals: 14 Night Princess Cruise from $1,399
- One-Day Neighbor Island Tours from Honolulu - Maui, Kauai or the Big Isle!
- Save up to 25%: Join the Emerald Club® so you can bypass the counter, choose your own car and get on your way fast
- Kauai’s Best Night Life Activity - Enjoy a Night Shooting Adventure from $118 per person at Kauai Eco Sporting Clays!
- Visitor tip: Try Matsumoto's Shave Ice with ice cream!
- Alamo Rent-A-Car: Explore the island
- Volunteer for fun & impactful activities with travel2change!
- From $1,629 - Oahu, Maui, Kona & Hilo 8-Nts w/Air & Hotels
- National Car Rental: Save with National
- Get a Baker's Dozen from Hamakua Mac Nut Company! SHOP NOW!
- Book 7 nights or more & receive 10% off at Hotel Coral Reef
- Book Online & Save at Royal Lahaina Luau - $108 - BOOK NOW!
- Hawaii Tours: Choose from over 300 tours across all islands
- Royal Lahaina Golfer’s Paradise Pkg w/4 rounds from $339/nt