A trip to Kaua‘i isn’t complete without a little time spent at one of the many splendid shorelines that decorate the island. Nick-named for its dense vegetation and ornate plant life, the Garden Isle is also notorious for its vast stretches of golden beaches and blue Pacific water.
Whether it’s just digging your feet into the creamy sand or dunking your entire body into the ocean, there are many ways to enjoy the perks of Kaua‘i beaches. You can even sit under a tree in the shade, cozy up with a good book and let the waves serenade you. The good news is that no matter what part of the island you’re staying, there’s at least one celebrated beach nearby.
If you do decide to participate in water recreation, make sure to visit one of the island’s lifeguarded beaches — Kē‘ē, Hanalei, Hā‘ena, Anahola, Lydgate, Keālia, Kekaha, Po‘ipū and Salt Pond — and check ocean conditions before grabbing your snorkeling gear. Due to its isolated, northwestern location along the Hawaiian archipelago, the waters along Kaua‘i’s coasts can get treacherous.
Along the east side are two prominent places to lounge or swim – Lydgate, which is also ideal for families, as there is a rock-lined enclosure that keeps waves out, and the north end of Kealia where more advanced swimmers can bring a boogie board and have fun wrestling with the tide.
Of course, there are other lovely beaches worth visiting, like ‘Anini, Tunnels, Shipwreck and Lumaha‘i, but are only advisable for swimming when the conditions are right. Nonetheless, they make for great picnic locales and places to kick back and appreciate the scenery. You really don’t have to get in the water to reap all the nourishing benefits Kaua‘i beaches have to offer.
Kee Beach: the End of the Road Never Looked So Beautiful
Sometimes when you say you’ve reached the end of the…
Poipu Beach: Turquoise Water, Soft White Sand
Turquoise water paired with gorgeous soft white sand; coconut trees…
Visit a Wilderness Area – Mahaulepu
Mahaʻulepu, the last undeveloped shoreline on Kauaʻi’s southern coast, is…
Visit Polihale Beach on Kauai’s West Side
Polihale, an uncommonly beautiful beach, casts an almost sacred spell…
- EXTRA $300 OFF for June 15 departure- 12 days from $167/per day - Hawaiian Island Cruise & Tour – Cruise Oahu, Kauai, Maui and Hawaii
- Find Japanese specialty items, including figurines and dolls, from Iida's in Honolulu, Hawaii. Phone orders welcome. Shop today!
- Experience Hawaii like never before with Ziplines, Horseback, Waterfalls, Off-Road 4x4 and more! Only at Princeville Ranch
- Arrange the perfect beginning to your Hawaiian vacation! Book your Airport Arrival Lei Greeting now. Enter Promo Code: HAWAIICOM
- Enjoy Kauai's longest ride with Koloa Zipline or get dirty on an ATV Off Road Adventure!
- Best Price Guarantee, No Booking Fees & Weekly Cruise Deals.
- Enjoy award-winning wine selections at Il Lupino
- Experience Kauai’s Best Ziplining, ATV’s, and Bass Fishing!
- Stay at Royal Sea Cliff Kona by Outrigger on the Big Island!
- Make some new friends at Dolphin Quest Oahu
- Relaxed Surf Luxury, Easy Booking and Access to our Lowest rates.
- Royal Kona’s Voyagers of the Pacific Luau Special: $72 pp
- Find exclusive Hawaii charms at PANDORA in Ala Moana Center.
- From $729 - Oahu 6-Nt. Romantic Holiday w/Air & Hotels
- Explore Waipio Valley on the Big Island by ATV: $169!