King Kamehameha Day
Celebrating the King Kamehameha Day
King Kamehameha was prophesied to unite the Hawaiian Islands from the night of his birth. A comet streaked across the sky fulfilling an ancient prophesy that the child born under this phenomenon would one day rise up as ruler. King Kamehameha the Great demonstrated strength and intelligence as he created a unified island kingdom from what was once warring tribes. For this, we honor him.
April 20, 2020 – Due to the continuing threat and uncertainties surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic, the King Kamehameha Celebration Commission announces the cancellation of all King Kamehameha Celebration events statewide, namely lei draping ceremonies, parades and ho`olaule`a’s, on and around the June 11th holiday.
“The decision to cancel these major, statewide events was made with the health and safety of our island communities and kūpuna in mind. While we are hopeful that the worst of the COVID-19 health crisis will be behind us by June, we feel the prudent response at this time is to cancel our events so that all involved in our respective King Kamehameha Celebration festivities across the state can focus on matters important to health, welfare and economy. We look forward to commemorating and celebrating Kamehameha Pai‘ea in 2021,” said Kainoa Daines, Chair of the King Kamehameha Celebration Commission. He added, “The Commission will prepare for next year’s festivities and the 150th anniversary of the Kamehameha Day Holiday in 2022.”
Festivities on Oʻahu
Lei Draping in Honolulu, Oʻahu
Expect to see cultural protocols and pageantry, along with beautiful hand-made lei being draped on the outstretched arms of King Kamehameha.
Festivities on the Island of Hawaiʻi
Lei Draping in Hilo, Hawaiʻi
Expect to see cultural protocols along with beautiful hand-made lei being draped on the outstretched arms of King Kamehameha.
King Kamehameha Day Celebration Parade & Ho‘olaule‘a, Kailua-Kona, Hawaiʻi
Resplendent in the foliage and colors of each island, beautiful women and handsome men make their way along the Parade route.
Ola e Kamehameha I at Four Seasons Resort Hualalai, Hawaiʻi
On Tuesday, June 11 in honor of King Kamehameha Day, Four Seasons Resort Hualalai will host a “kakahiaka (morning) greeting”.
Kamehameha Festival, Hilo, Hawaiʻi
The Kamehameha Festival pays tribute to Kamehameha and acts to protect, preserve, and perpetuate, the Hawaiian culture.
Lei Draping in Kohala, Hawaiʻi
Expect to see cultural protocols along with beautiful hand-made lei being draped on the statue of King Kamehameha.
Festivities on Kaua‘i, Maui, and Moloka‘i
King Kamehameha Ho‘olaule‘a Celebration, Kauai
King Kamehameha Ho‘olaule‘a Celebration on Saturday, June 8, 2019 hosted on the beautiful Kauai Marriott Luau Grounds overlooking Kalapaki Bay
Na Kamehameha Commemorative Paʻu Parade & Hoʻolauleʻa, Lahaina, Maui
Enjoy live announcers and Hawaiian music from the Commentary Stations.
Kamehameha Day Parade, Moloka‘i
Sunday, June 16, 2019 Parade starts at 9:30 am in the center of town.
Support provided by Hawai‘i Tourism through the Community Enrichment Program
- Choose from a wide selection of vacation homes in Kona. Find great offers on ocean view and beachfront properties. Rates start at $89/night.
- Take a guided tour of Lanai from the comfort of an air-conditioned 4x4 safari-style vehicle! Half Day tour ($186) includes ferry ride to Lanai.
- 4-Island-hopping adventure: Oahu, Kauai, Maui & Big Island 8-night package from $1,399
- Day trip from Maui to Lanai on the ferry! Explore the island, golf, snorkel and more! Book your activities and ferry trip! $30 each way (adults)
- Best of Hawaii 4-Island Tour 2021 departures starting at $1,999! SAVE $500 per couple on a 12-day guided tour with inter-island flights included.
- WAIKIKI ESCAPE Save up to 20% when you stay 3 or more nights
- Luxury vacation rentals on the golden Kona Coast - BOOK NOW!
- Save 9% off your condo vacation rental when you book direct!
- Shop rates w/3 car rental partners. Receive a discount
- Best Big Island Vacation Rentals starting from $89/night
- Visit Today! Unique tropical nature preserve and sanctuary
- 12-Day Best of Hawaii 4 Island Tour in 2021 from $1,999!
- Visitor tip: Try Matsumoto's Shave Ice with ice cream!
- Alamo Rent-A-Car: Explore the island
- From $1,299 - Oahu, Maui, Kona & Hilo 8-Nts w/Air & Hotels
A confirmation email has been sent to you with a link to activate the account. Please click on the link inside the email to log in to your account for the first time.
An email regarding your password change has been sent to your email address. Follow the instructions to reset your password.