King Kamehameha Day
Celebrating the King Kamehameha Day
King Kamehameha was prophesied to unite the Hawaiian Islands from the night of his birth. A comet streaked across the sky fulfilling an ancient prophesy that the child born under this phenomenon would one day rise up as ruler. King Kamehameha the Great demonstrated strength and intelligence as he created a unified island kingdom from what was once warring tribes. For this, we honor him.
March 8, 2021 – Due to the continuing threat and uncertainties surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic, the King Kamehameha Celebration Commission announces the cancellation of all King Kamehameha Celebration parade events statewide. The Lei Draping’s may still be held in a private format if regulations permit. A socially distanced Ho`olaule`a on O`ahu, is still being considered for the June 11th holiday.
“The decision to cancel these major, statewide events was made with the health and safety of our island communities and kūpuna in mind. While we are hopeful that the worst of the COVID-19 health crisis will be behind us by June, we feel the prudent response at this time is to cancel the parades as the preparations and event draw large crowds to prepare and attend. This allows all involved in our respective King Kamehameha Celebration festivities across the state to focus on matters important to health, welfare, and economy. We look forward to a return to in-person festivities commemorating and celebrating Kamehameha Pai`ea in 2022,” said Kainoa Daines, Chair of the King Kamehameha Celebration Commission. He added, “The Commission will prepare for the 150th anniversary of the Kamehameha Day Holiday in 2022.”
Festivities on Oʻahu
Lei Draping in Honolulu, Oʻahu
Expect to see cultural protocols and pageantry, along with beautiful hand-made lei being draped on the outstretched arms of King Kamehameha.
Festivities on the Island of Hawaiʻi
Lei Draping in Hilo, Hawaiʻi
Expect to see cultural protocols along with beautiful hand-made lei being draped on the outstretched arms of King Kamehameha.
King Kamehameha Day Celebration Parade & Ho‘olaule‘a, Kailua-Kona, Hawaiʻi
Resplendent in the foliage and colors of each island, beautiful women and handsome men make their way along the Parade route.
Ola e Kamehameha I at Four Seasons Resort Hualalai, Hawaiʻi
On Tuesday, June 11 in honor of King Kamehameha Day, Four Seasons Resort Hualalai will host a “kakahiaka (morning) greeting”.
Kamehameha Festival, Hilo, Hawaiʻi
The Kamehameha Festival pays tribute to Kamehameha and acts to protect, preserve, and perpetuate, the Hawaiian culture.
Lei Draping in Kohala, Hawaiʻi
Expect to see cultural protocols along with beautiful hand-made lei being draped on the statue of King Kamehameha.
Festivities on Kaua‘i, Maui, and Moloka‘i
King Kamehameha Ho‘olaule‘a Celebration, Kauai
King Kamehameha Ho‘olaule‘a Celebration on Saturday, June 8, 2019 hosted on the beautiful Kauai Marriott Luau Grounds overlooking Kalapaki Bay
Na Kamehameha Commemorative Paʻu Parade & Hoʻolauleʻa, Lahaina, Maui
Enjoy live announcers and Hawaiian music from the Commentary Stations.
Kamehameha Day Parade, Moloka‘i
Sunday, June 16, 2019 Parade starts at 9:30 am in the center of town.
Support provided by Hawai‘i Tourism through the Community Enrichment Program
- Scuba Dive from $159 - Cruise the scenic West Oahu coast to an array of dive locations including wrecks, caves and reefs.
- HUGE MOVING SALE! Largest Selection of Gifts, T-shirts including Red Dirt Shirts, in Kauai. Buy 2 items, get 3rd item FREE!
- Grab your favorite plate lunch at any Rainbow Drive-in locations! Don't forget to add a slush float!
- Island Roots Aloha Surf School offers Surfing Lessons The Hawaiian Way and SUP Classes for all ages. Board Rentals also available. 10% OFF Surfing or SUP Lessons and Equipment Rentals.
- Aloha Hawaiian Vacations’ Original All-Inclusive Packages from $970 per person including Hotel, Transfers, Breakfasts, Most Meals & Activities
- Get Hawaii's Premium High Performance Natural Zinc Sunscreen
- Shaka Guide GPS Audio Tour Bundles - Save 50% and more!
- From $779 - 6-Nt. Big Island & Maui Package w/Air & Hotels
- 50% OFF Made in Hawaii Hand Sanitizer with code HI50
- From $1,279 - Oahu, Maui, Kona & Hilo 8-Nts w/Air & Hotels
- $909 & up - 6-Nt. Maui & Kauai Island-Hopping Trip w/Air
- 4-Day Packages from $970 including Hotel and More
- 10% OFF Surfing or SUP Lessons and Equipment Rentals.
- Private powerboat charters in Kona - $540 per hour
- Visit Giovanni's, the North Shore Oahu's best shrimp truck!