- This event has passed.
Hawaii Book & Music Festival
May 4, 2019 - May 5, 2019| FREE
The Annual Hawaii Book & Music Festival will be Saturday May 4 – Sunday May 5, 2019 on the Civic Grounds by Honolulu Hale (City Hall), in Historic Downtown Honolulu.
HBMF is a unique event in Hawaii. We strive to celebrate and honor books, storytelling and music in way that is fun, accessible, and memorable for people of all ages, backgrounds and tastes. We strive to introduce Hawaii books and music to the world and to introduce Hawaii to new worlds of books and music. We honor our host culture, explore topics of community interest, and highlight the joy of life-long literacy for all of Hawaii’s people. We strive to present an event that creates joy and excitement about our culture all year round.
Our specific goals are to
* To provide the community with a unique event of the highest quality that celebrates reading, books, storytelling, and music.
* To raise awareness of Hawai‘i’s multicultural heritage through its literary and musical arts.
* To increase understanding and appreciation of Hawai‘i’s unique host culture.
* To raise awareness of the serious nature of illiteracy in Hawaii
* To build a new national and international attraction for our community and our guests.
Photo: Hawaii Book and Music Festival
- Rental Cars