CANCELED – 104th Annual King Kamehameha Celebration Floral Parade Application
May 1, 2020 - June 14, 2020
King Kamehameha Celebration has been canceled
April 20, 2020 – Due to the continuing threat and uncertainties surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic, the King Kamehameha Celebration Commission announces the cancellation of all King Kamehameha Celebration events statewide, namely lei draping ceremonies, parades and ho`olaule`a’s, on and around the June 11th holiday. Click here to learn more.
Information for King Kamehameha Parade Participants
Mail or email completed application and any accompanying documents to:
King Kamehameha Celebration Commission
355 N. King Street, Honolulu, HI 96817
Parade Theme: “E kū I ka hoe uli – Take hold of the steering paddle”
Celebrating the traditions of Hawaiian marching bands
Parade Fee: $100 for commercial entries; $40 for non-profit entries
Checks made payable to: CNHA (Council for Native Hawaiian Advancement) or via credit card using the form below.
Application forms & payment form:
Parade Route and Staging
- Parade will start at King and Richards Street fronting the ‘Iolani Palace
- Floats and Decorated Vehicles, ‘Ewa on King Street and Bishop
- Be mindful of Parade Starter
- Upon passing the statue of King Kamehameha I, you will not be allowed to stop for any reason.
- Stopping will slow the rest of the Parade down.
- We ask that tribute to the King be made on the move with song, chant or gesture. At no time should anyone break away from your unit to approach the statue.
- Please consider paying your respects during the Statue Lei Draping Ceremony on June 7, 2019 at 3:00 p.m.
- Turning right onto Punchbowl, passing Kawaiaha‘o Church
- Parade will marshal on Punchbowl to close gaps between units. Take direction from Parade staff.
- Left onto Ala Moana Boulevard
- Please be mindful of traffic as Parade will cross over from the mauka lanes to the makai lanes to allow for cruise ship traffic.
- Right onto Kalākaua Avenue
- Parade will end at Kapi‘olani Park
- All Parade participants must adhere to City & County of Honolulu noise ordinances regarding the Honolulu Zoo.
- Route subject to change
- Rental Cars