Cooking Hawaiian Style Recipes
Mckenna Maduli and I have known each other for more than 20 years. She does not know this, but I am very proud of all her accomplishments and what she does for Hawaii’s talent. She recently won an Emmy Award for her show Talk Story and works hard to promote Hawaii. She grew up in Kalihi where she graduated from Roosevelt High School. She later moved to LA to pursue a career in entertainment. She has had gigs with MTV, Billboard Live and Access Hollywood. If she has a familiar face its probably because she was on-air with Hawaii News Now before hosting her very own show called Talk Story on K5. We hardly get to see each other these days but this week we are happy to have her in the kitchen making her instant pot shoyu chicken.
Instant Pot Shoyu Chicken
- 6-7 Pounds of bone-in chicken thighs, should be about 8 pieces. Skins removed.
- 1 cup Regular Soy Sauce (not low sodium)
- 1 cup Water
- 1/4 c. Brown Sugar
- 1/4 c. Honey
- 2 Tbls Bourbon
- 2 Inch piece of ginger – Minced if you love the bite of ginger in every bite (like I do). Or cut into chunks and smashed if you prefer a more subtle ginger flavor.
- 6 Cloves of Garlic, Minced
- 1 Cup Green Onion, Cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/4 c. Water
- 2 Tbls Corn Starch
Add all ingredients and cook for 15 minutes
Watch the Show
Tune into the Cooking Hawaiian Style show for great recipes and cooking tips! Check your local cable directory or add the Roku channel.
Get more Hawaiian and Hawaiian-style recipes at www.CookingHawaiianStyle.com.
Book your Hawaiian adventure now
Hotels, flights, car rentals, experiences and more!
Old Lahaina Luau reopens with emphasis on safety, tradition, authenticity
Tradition and authenticity remain at the heart of Old Lāhainā Lūʻau, even as ...