Cooking Hawaiian Style – Crock Pot Panang Curry
This week’s guest, Anuhea Jenkins is a singer and song writer that has been on a great ride with her career and personal life. Since we last saw her, she recently got married and we have to say congratulations! Her music is growing, and concert schedule has been full. She grew up in Makawao Maui and is a graduate of Kamehameha schools. She has toured with some the best like Ziggy Marley, Fiji and Soja. When I first met Anuhea I knew she had “it”. I was running a radio station at the time and automatically started playing her music and she blew up. I have always been a big fan and I am glad we have her in the kitchen again to share some her favorite meals like this week Crock Pot Chicken.
Crock Pot Panang Curry
- 1 14 oz Can Coconut Milk
- 4 Tbsp Thai Red Curry Paste
- 1 Tbsp Shoyu
- 1 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Ginger minced
- 2 Tbsp Fish Sauce
- 3 Garlic Cloves minced
- 1lb Boneless skinless chicken thighs cut into 2-3 inch pieces
- 2 Chili pepper flakes
- 1 med Round onion chopped
- cilantro garnish
- 1 hand full Chow Mein Dried Noodles to garnish
- Place all the ingredients (except coconut milk) into your crockpot and stir together well.
- Set your crock pot to cook on high for 4 hours.
- After 4 hours, start making some rice, and while its cooking, you can stir in the coconut milk into the crock pot.
- Serve over rice, add cilantro and Chow Mein Noodles to garnish:)
Watch the Show
Tune into the Cooking Hawaiian Style show for great recipes and cooking tips! Check your local cable directory or add the Roku channel. If you’ve never seen the show, check out some cooking videos from their archives.
Get more Hawaiian and Hawaiian-style recipes at www.CookingHawaiianStyle.com.
What did you think? Share your reaction and earn 100 points!
Recent most reacted articles
Hawaii landscape prints fundraiser kicks off to support Aloha Harvest
Local photographer David Murphey has found a creative way to…
- Rental Cars