- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Boating & Sailing on the Big Island
See the Big Island as you never have before, floating on azure blue waters that surround its expansive coastline. Big Island boat tours allow you to explore unique wonders of the island— from jetting in and out of striking sea caves on an inflatable raft to swimming with majestic manta rays and marveling at cascading waterfalls.
Boat tours on the Big Island will take you on all kinds of amazing adventures, including nighttime scuba diving trips, snorkeling escapades, deep-sea fishing jaunts, and whale-sighting tours.
The Kohala and Kona Coasts have the largest number of boat tour operators, many of whom explore similar coastline destinations and who work from the small boat harbors and piers in Kailua-Kona, Keauhou and the Kohala Coast. East Hawaii options are limited but unique and worthwhile.
This same company also operates tours on the west side, including dolphin snorkel and sunset cruises, whale watching, night manta ray tours and private charters from Kawaiahae Harbor South.
Many west side operations offer similar excursions, often with both morning and afternoon tour times.Fair Wind Cruises has a 5-hour deluxe cruise departing in the morning, as well as a 4 ½-hour morning and 3 ½-hour afternoon snorkeling excursion to Kealakekua Bay.
Then you have Blue Sea Cruises, which offers a sunset dinner cruise aboard their glass bottom boat, complete with live entertainment and hula dancing. Or swim within inches of graceful manta rays with their evening manta ray snorkel tour.
Another popular Kona boat tour is Captain Dan McSweeney’s year-round three-hour whale watching adventure. This knowledgeable captain sets sail and spots winter humpback whales, as well as other little-known whale species that live off the Kona Coast.
If you have a need for speed, try Captain Zodiac, which offers an exciting four-hour trip on an inflatable boat that takes you along the coast to explore sea caves, spot cinder cones, search for dolphins and turtles and snorkel around Kealakekua Bay.
If you prefer to stay dry, the Kailua Bay Charter Company’s hour-long glass bottom boat cruise, departs daily at 10:30 a.m., 11:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. from the Kailua-Kona pier. This excursion takes guests on a relaxing shallow water ride along the Kona coastline where they can experience the beauty of the underwater world from the comfort of their seats.
No matter which one you choose, boat tours on the Big Island are an unforgettable experience for nature lovers of all ages.
Boating & Sailing Directory
Atlantis Submarine – Kona
Atlantis Submarines has been sharing the magnificence of Hawaii’s undersea…
Boating & Sailing
Kealakekua Bay, the Pathway of the Gods
“The Pathway of the Gods”— the pristine underwater sanctuary located…
Submarines and Glassbottom Boats
In Kona’s crystal clear waters, underwater visibility can reach 120…
- All Inclusive Hawaii Vacation Packages - Hotel, Activities, Meals and Transfers! Oahu (Waikiki), Maui, Kauai and the Big Island - From Only $970 pp
- Come Try Our New Dinner Menu! Makai Fry / Big Island Tap Burger / OPulehu Ribeye Steak & more….
- Air & room packages starting from $1,169. See Oahu and the Big Island!
- Visit the USS Arizona Memorial and take a 120-mile tour of Oahu Island from $97.99. Tours from Maui, Kauai and Big Island start at $329.99.
- Big Island & Maui 6-night multi-island adventure, starting from $969
- Soar high with Northshore Zipline on Maui from $119/person
- Save up to 25% on your Maui Vacation Condo!
- Save 10% on Maui Molokini & Turtle Arches Snorkel tour
- Royal Kona Experience Pkg w/Luau, cruise, breakfast! $325/nt
- Find your right surfboard at Surfboard Factory Hawaii
- SAVE $38.00! Free child’s ticket with purchase of adult ticket!
- 13-Day Best of Hawaii 4 Island Tour from $1,799! SAVE $550pp
- Wet 'n' Wild Hawaii: SAVE 10% when booking 10 days in advance
- Nā Pali Riders offers one of a kind Whale Expeditions
- Enjoy brunch specials at world-famous Wolfgang's Steakhouse