The Kahala Hotel & Resort
Address: 5000 Kahala Ave., Honolulu, HI 96816-5498
Airport: 20 minutes from Honolulu International Airport
Rating: 5 stars
Ammenities: 5 restaurants, pool, full service spa, fitness center, keiki club, poolside bar, lei greeting, daily newspaper, resort shopping shuttle, and more
Visitors in search of a resort on Oahu that’s located outside of Waikiki, should consider the Kahala Hotel & Resort, ensconced in the upscale Kahala residential community. The resort is resplendent with exotic gardens, a waterfall and lagoon, and is home to Atlantic Bottlenose dolphins, sea turtles and a variety of tropical fish.
The property sits on a crescent-shaped stretch of sun-drenched beach overlooking Diamond Head and Koko Head craters.
The resort features more than 300 rooms, breathtaking views of the ocean, the Ko’olau Mountain Range, and the tranquility of Dolphin Lagoon. Kahala Hotel & Resort was built by Conrad Hilton as an exclusive retreat. It opened in 1964, and was embraced by Hollywood celebrities, as well as wealthy travelers seeking a luxurious, private hideaway. It has undergone major renovation since 1964.
The luxurious resort remains a gathering place for celebrities. Families, couples and business travelers have also experienced the resort. Dining options include Hoku’s, Tokyo Tokyo and Seaside Grill. The resort offers much more, including beach activities, a spa, Keiki Club, shopping and rooms for functions, and is a member of The Leading Hotels of the World.
Dolphin Quest Hawaii is on site at the resort.
- Kaanapali Beach Hotel - 3-night Whale Encounter Package from $878
- Swim with dolphins without the crowds!
- Aloha Special Reduced Rates starting at $149/night
- $555+ Hawaii Vacations: 3-Night with Air & FREE Midsize Car Rental
- Affordable suites in the Heart of Waikiki, Hokele Suites Waikiki - 15% Off Best Available Rate
- Be a Dolphin Trainer for a Day with Dolphin Quest Hawaii!
- DoubleTree by Hilton Alana Waikiki Hotel - $249
- From $895 - Oahu & Maui Island Hopping 6 Nights Incl. Air, Hotel, Transfers & Taxes. Choose your favorite hotel for your stay!
- Breathtaking views at Honolulu's tallest hotel, Aqua Skyline at Island Colony - just $89
- $1,085+ Aulani, A Disney Resort: 3 nights with Air and FREE Midsize Car Rental PLUS Kids 17 & under stay free!
- Surf-inspired budget boutique hotel with free breakfast, Aqua Aloha Surf Waikiki - $96
- Exceptionally spacious rooms in Central Waikiki at Aqua Waikiki Pearl - $97
- Embassy Suites Waikiki Beach Walk - $289
- Kids Aquatic Adventure at Dolphin Quest Oahu from $275
Hawaiian Airlines: Special Offers