This natural ocean geyser is caused by breaking surf forced through a lava tube and exploding upward into the air. Burt Lancaster and Deborah Kerr shared a famous beach kiss in the small cove next to the blow hole in the movie, "From Here to Eternity." A roadside lookout is directly above the blow hole. Located 2 miles past Hanauma Bay on Kalaniana'ole Highway, just before the turnoff to Sandy Beach.
Articles Related to This One
Hot Clicks - All Islands
- Save up to 40% off on Top Hotels in Hawaii at Jetsetter.com!
- Come be a part of history – VIP access is only the beginning
- $565+ Hawaii 3-Night Vacations with Air – FREE Hertz mid-size rental!
- Free Unlimited Golf in October at Turtle Bay this Golftober.
Current Specials - Oahu
- From $1,112 - Oahu Hyatt Hotel 5-Night Vacation w/Airfare, Hyatt Hotel Stay, Breakfast & Taxes
- Soundproof rooms, Jacuzzi tubs, continental breakfast and more at Aqua Waikiki Joy Hotel - $132
- Hokulani Waikiki by Hilton Grand Vacations Club - $286
- $649+ Hilton Hawaiian Village® Waikiki Beach Resort: 3 Nights with Air. Includes FREE midsize car PLUS kids 18 & under stay free!
- 20% Off at Aqua Waikiki Wave
- Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort - $249
- Aqua Lotus, incl. evening wine service, cruiser bikes, yoga, and more - $199
- Touch, Swim with, and even Kiss a Dolphin!
- Be a Dolphin Trainer for a Day with Dolphin Quest Hawaii!
- Come and be part of history at surfing’s ultimate experience with one of our special package offers. VIP access is only the beginning...
More of our Current Specials on Oahu
Hawaiian Airlines: Special Offers