Pacific Aviation Museum - Pearl Harbor
The Pacific Aviation Museum, which opened to the public on Dec. 7, 2006, is a significant addition to the enormously popular complex of historic military attractions at Pearl Harbor. Here visitors can see vintage warplanes and exhibits in a museum dedicated to air combat and its tremendous role in the Pacific duringWorld War II.
Located just several hundred yards from the USS Arizona Memorial and the USS Battleship Missouri on Ford Island in Pearl Harbor, the $75-million museum contains a collection of fighter planes that actually participated in the War in the Pacific including a Navy Stearman biplane soloed by George H.W. Bush, a fully intact and restored Japanese Zero, the remnants and fascinating story of a Zero that crash-landed on the island of Niihau on Dec. 7, 1941, a Navy Wildcat fighter and P-40 Warhawk fighter. Also in the museum, visitors can operate a simulated American or Japanese fighter and take a lunch break at a period-decorated cafe. Specially narrated "Aviators Tours" for groups of up to 16 are also available three times daily.
When it is completed, the facility will encompass 16 acres, including three renovated hangers, a landmark control tower, and aircraft from World War II, the Vietnam War and the Korean War. Open daily from 9 a.m.-5 p.m., there is an admission fee. For tickets, check in at Ticket Office located at the USS Bowfin Submarine Museum. Call ticket office 24 hours in advance to reserve an Aviators Tour.
- Swim with dolphins without the crowds!
- $559+ Hawaii 3-Night Vacations with Air – FREE Hertz mid-size rental!
- Kaanapali Beach Hotel - 4 night Best of the Beach package just $1385
- Discount Hawaii Car Rental - Jeeps, exotic cars, motorcycles, and more!
- Be a Dolphin Trainer for a Day with Dolphin Quest Hawaii!
- See Hawaii’s underwater beauty without getting wet! Atlantis Submarine Tour - $134
- From $879 - Oahu & Kauai Island Hopping 6 Nights Incl. Air, Transfers & Daily Breakfast. Choose your favorite hotel for your stay!
- From $1,089 - Oahu Hyatt Hotel 5-Night Vacation w/Airfare, Hyatt Hotel Stay, Breakfast & Taxes
- Embassy Suites Waikiki Beach Walk - $289
- Luau, dinner cruise, snorkel and more! Book all your activities in one place
- $799+ Moana Surfrider - A Westin Resort & Spa: 3 nights w/air. Includes FREE Hertz mid-size rental, daily breakfast, mai tais daily & More!
- Waikiki Friday Night Fireworks Sunset Dinner Cruise - $89
- Dolphin Encounter at Dolphin Quest Oahu from $225
Hawaiian Airlines: Special Offers