Queen Emma's Summer Palace
On your way to the Pali Lookout, you might want to stop for a tour of Queen Emma's lovely summer palace. Not as palatial as 'Iolani Palace, it's an airy, colonnaded, New England-style house of simple and practical design.
Surrounded by a lush garden, the palace was builtin 1843 as a summer retreat for Queen Emma, the wife of King Kamehameha IV. They were the royal couple responsible for Queen's Hospital and Saint Andrew's Cathedral.
In 1913, plans were announced to tear down the Summer Palace to build a baseball field. The Daughters of Hawaii Preservation Society stepped in and saved it from destruction. The palace, just five minutes away from downtown Honolulu in Nu'uanu Valley, is now maintained by the Society as a museum. They care for the paintings of royalty, the fine Victorian furniture, and the little koa wood cradle for the Queen's son, Prince Albert, heir to the Hawaiian throne and godson of England's Queen Victoria, who died at the age of four. For more information, call 595-3167.
- Come be a part of history – VIP access is only the beginning
- $655+ Hawaii January Sale –$100 off + FREE Convertible SUV or Minivan Rental
- Free Unlimited Golf in October at Turtle Bay this Golftober.
- Make some new friends at Dolphin Quest Hawaii or Oahu
- Discount Hawaii Car Rental - guaranteed reservations, no deposit, cancel anytime.
- Breathtaking views at Honolulu's tallest hotel, Aqua Skyline at Island Colony - just $89
- Exceptionally spacious rooms in Central Waikiki at Aqua Waikiki Pearl - $97
- Guaranteed cheap car rental rates with national rental companies
- Hilton Grand Vacations Suites at Hilton Hawaiian Village - $197
- Surf-inspired budget boutique hotel with free breakfast, Aqua Aloha Surf Waikiki - $96
- $609+ Hilton Hawaiian Village® Waikiki Beach Resort: 3 Nights with Air. Includes $100 off PLUS kids 18 & under stay free!
- Touch, Swim with, and even Kiss a Dolphin!
- Dolphin Encounter at Dolphin Quest Oahu from $225
Hawaiian Airlines: Special Offers