Queen Emma's Summer Palace
On your way to the Pali Lookout, you might want to stop for a tour of Queen Emma's lovely summer palace. Not as palatial as 'Iolani Palace, it's an airy, colonnaded, New England-style house of simple and practical design.
Surrounded by a lush garden, the palace was builtin 1843 as a summer retreat for Queen Emma, the wife of King Kamehameha IV. They were the royal couple responsible for Queen's Hospital and Saint Andrew's Cathedral.
In 1913, plans were announced to tear down the Summer Palace to build a baseball field. The Daughters of Hawaii Preservation Society stepped in and saved it from destruction. The palace, just five minutes away from downtown Honolulu in Nu'uanu Valley, is now maintained by the Society as a museum. They care for the paintings of royalty, the fine Victorian furniture, and the little koa wood cradle for the Queen's son, Prince Albert, heir to the Hawaiian throne and godson of England's Queen Victoria, who died at the age of four. For more information, call 595-3167.
- Volcano Value Rates at Royal Kona Resort from $129
- Hawaii 3 nights w/ Air – FREE fullsize Car PLUS save up to $100!
- Kaanapali Beach Hotel - 4 night Best of the Beach package just $1385
- Come be a part of history – VIP access is only the beginning
- Enjoy a personal Family Swim at Dolphin Quest Hawaii
- Guaranteed cheap car rental rates with national rental companies
- Hilton Hawaii Deals - starting at just $169
- 20% Off at Aqua Waikiki Pearl
- Contemporary boutique hotel 1 block from Waikiki Beach, Aqua Palms Waikiki
- Waikiki's leading eco-friendly boutique hotel, discover an oasis of calm at Aqua Bamboo Waikiki
- From $1,019 - Oahu Hyatt Hotel 5-Night Vacation w/Airfare, Hyatt Hotel Stay, Breakfast & Taxes
- Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort - $249
- Soundproof rooms, Jacuzzi tubs, continental breakfast and more at Aqua Waikiki Joy Hotel - $132
- Hilton Grand Vacations Suites at Hilton Hawaiian Village - $197
Hawaiian Airlines: Special Offers