Queen Emma's Summer Palace
On your way to the Pali Lookout, you might want to stop for a tour of Queen Emma's lovely summer palace. Not as palatial as 'Iolani Palace, it's an airy, colonnaded, New England-style house of simple and practical design.
Surrounded by a lush garden, the palace was builtin 1843 as a summer retreat for Queen Emma, the wife of King Kamehameha IV. They were the royal couple responsible for Queen's Hospital and Saint Andrew's Cathedral.
In 1913, plans were announced to tear down the Summer Palace to build a baseball field. The Daughters of Hawaii Preservation Society stepped in and saved it from destruction. The palace, just five minutes away from downtown Honolulu in Nu'uanu Valley, is now maintained by the Society as a museum. They care for the paintings of royalty, the fine Victorian furniture, and the little koa wood cradle for the Queen's son, Prince Albert, heir to the Hawaiian throne and godson of England's Queen Victoria, who died at the age of four. For more information, call 595-3167.
- 50% OFF – 7-Day Maui & Kauai Condo Spring Sale
- Swim with dolphins without the crowds!
- $639+ Hawaii Vacations with Air & Car
- From $1,519 - Big Island + Kauai + Maui Island Hopping Trip: 9 Nights Incl. Air, Transfers, Hotels, Breakfast & Taxes
- $1,269+ Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa: 3 nights with air and FREE Midsize Hertz Rental, PLUS Kids 17 and younger stay FREE!
- Free additional driver with Discount Hawaii Car Rental
- Make some new friends at Dolphin Quest Hawaii or Oahu
- Be a Dolphin Trainer for a Day with Dolphin Quest Hawaii!
- Aqua Lotus, incl. evening wine service, cruiser bikes, yoga, and more - $199
- Touch, Swim with, and even Kiss a Dolphin!
- Enjoy a Dolphin Duo package for 2 at Dolphin Quest Oahu
- Enjoy a personal Family Swim at Dolphin Quest Hawaii
- Discount Hawaii Car Rental - Jeeps, exotic cars, motorcycles, and more!
Hawaiian Airlines: Special Offers