Queen Emma's Summer Palace
On your way to the Pali Lookout, you might want to stop for a tour of Queen Emma's lovely summer palace. Not as palatial as 'Iolani Palace, it's an airy, colonnaded, New England-style house of simple and practical design.
Surrounded by a lush garden, the palace was builtin 1843 as a summer retreat for Queen Emma, the wife of King Kamehameha IV. They were the royal couple responsible for Queen's Hospital and Saint Andrew's Cathedral.
In 1913, plans were announced to tear down the Summer Palace to build a baseball field. The Daughters of Hawaii Preservation Society stepped in and saved it from destruction. The palace, just five minutes away from downtown Honolulu in Nu'uanu Valley, is now maintained by the Society as a museum. They care for the paintings of royalty, the fine Victorian furniture, and the little koa wood cradle for the Queen's son, Prince Albert, heir to the Hawaiian throne and godson of England's Queen Victoria, who died at the age of four. For more information, call 595-3167.
- Free Unlimited Golf in October at Turtle Bay this Golftober.
- Come be a part of history – VIP access is only the beginning
- $669+ Hawaii January Sale –$100 off + FREE Convertible SUV or Minivan Rental
- Aqua Queen Kapiolani Hotel, adjacent to Waikiki Aquarium, Kapiolani Park, & Honolulu Zoo
- Swim with Dolphins without the crowds!
- $695+ Waikiki, Oahu January Sale: Get $100 off + FREE Convertible SUV or Minivan Rental
- $679+ Hilton Hawaiian Village® Waikiki Beach Resort: 3 Nights with Air. Includes $100 off PLUS kids 18 & under stay free!
- Experience Sea Life Park Hawaii - $32
- Germaine’s Luau is too good to miss! $80 (transportation incl.)
- Embassy Suites Waikiki Beach Walk - $289
- 20% Off at Aqua Waikiki Wave
- Polynesian Cultural Center Alii Luau Package - $99
- From $865 - Oahu & Maui Island Hopping 6 Nights Incl. Air, Transfers & Daily Breakfast. Choose your favorite hotel for your stay!
Hawaiian Airlines: Special Offers