Queen Emma's Summer Palace
On your way to the Pali Lookout, you might want to stop for a tour of Queen Emma's lovely summer palace. Not as palatial as 'Iolani Palace, it's an airy, colonnaded, New England-style house of simple and practical design.
Surrounded by a lush garden, the palace was builtin 1843 as a summer retreat for Queen Emma, the wife of King Kamehameha IV. They were the royal couple responsible for Queen's Hospital and Saint Andrew's Cathedral.
In 1913, plans were announced to tear down the Summer Palace to build a baseball field. The Daughters of Hawaii Preservation Society stepped in and saved it from destruction. The palace, just five minutes away from downtown Honolulu in Nu'uanu Valley, is now maintained by the Society as a museum. They care for the paintings of royalty, the fine Victorian furniture, and the little koa wood cradle for the Queen's son, Prince Albert, heir to the Hawaiian throne and godson of England's Queen Victoria, who died at the age of four. For more information, call 595-3167.
- Save up to 40% plus complimentary breakfast at Starwood Resorts in Hawaii!
- Na Pali Coast, Waimea Canyon, and 'Jurassic Park Falls' views with Blue Hawaiian Helicopters!
- $539+ Hawaii Winter Vacation Sale: 3 nights with air!
- Kaanapali Beach Hotel - 4-night Romance Package just $1709
- Over 35 Oahu attractions & activities, 1 LOW PRICE! Save up to 55% now!
- Park Shore Waikiki offers you beachfront location without the beachfront prices!
- Jetski options on Oahu.
- Oahu sportfishing tours
- Enjoy a personal Family Swim at Dolphin Quest Hawaii
- Sunset cocktail/dinner cruises from $44!
- 20% Off at Aqua Waikiki Wave
- Touch, Swim with, and even Kiss a Dolphin!
- Discount Hawaii Car Rental - Jeeps, exotic cars, motorcycles, and more!
- Oahu sightseeing tours - let someone else do the driving.
- Enjoy a Dolphin Duo package for 2 at Dolphin Quest Oahu
Hawaiian Airlines: Special Offers