Windsurfing & Kiteboarding
Windsurfing, the inventive marriage of sailing and surfing, has found the perfect honeymoon spot in Hawaii. This island state is a Mecca for windsurfing enthusiasts and Oahu, boasting some world-class sailing spots, is a good place to learnthe sport.
Try Kailua Bay on Oahu's Windward side where most of the bay's floor is covered with sand and the few coral heads and reefs are easy to spot. Several Kailua companies rent equipment and offer single and group lessons.
Diamond Head, one of the most popular windsurfing spots on the island, is recommended for intermediate to advanced sailors.
From the technological advances of windsurfing, paragliding and wakeboarding has come a hot, new water sport that some people call kiteboarding and others call kitesurfing. No matter what you call it, call it fun!
One of the “greenest” ways to get close to nature on Oahu is by paddling a kayak. It’s just you and the ocean, surrounded by blue waters, wildlife and the wide Hawaii sky.
Most kayak activity providers offer beginner lessons, affordable kayaks and soft vehicle racks to carry kayaks wherever you want to launch. Several will send professional guides with you on an eco-tour adventure that aims to include as many wildlife encounters as possible.
Areas to kayak on Oahu are many and diverse. Kailua Beach is one of the world’s best and offers a beautiful experience. Whether you kayak on your own or with a guide, this activity will keep you in the moment and in the spirit of Hawaii.
Gain a new perspective of Oahu from the sky under a parasail. You can see forever on this quiet thrill, as you float over the beach, white caps and marine life. Once you’re up there, it’s easy to forget you're being towed by a boat and floating somewhere between 300 and 800 feet above the ocean. You can see for miles and miles, yet you aren't so far away that you can't distinguish details.
Parasailing adventures take place in the Honolulu/Waikiki area with activity companies sometimes offering transportation. Read more about the parasailing experience, grab a friend and we’ll see you soon - reaching for the sky.
- $799+ Moana Surfrider - A Westin Resort & Spa: 3 nights w/air. Includes FREE Hertz mid-size rental, daily breakfast, mai tais daily & More!
- Hawaii Pirate Ship Adventures Lost Treasure Excursion - $45
- Dolphin Encounter at Dolphin Quest Oahu from $225
- Luau, dinner cruise, snorkel and more! Book all your activities in one place
- Save up to 50% on your car rental with major USA car companies - Discount Hawaii Car Rental
- Surf-inspired budget boutique hotel with free breakfast, Aqua Aloha Surf Waikiki - $96
- Guaranteed cheap car rental rates with national rental companies
- Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort - $249
- From $925 - Oahu & Maui Island Hopping 6 Nights Incl. Air, Transfers & Daily Breakfast. Choose your favorite hotel for your stay!
- Aqua Lotus, incl. evening wine service, cruiser bikes, yoga, and more - $199
Hawaiian Airlines: Special Offers
- Swim with dolphins without the crowds!
- $559+ Hawaii 3-Night Vacations with Air – FREE Hertz mid-size rental!
- Kaanapali Beach Hotel - 4 night Best of the Beach package just $1385