Windsurfing & Kiteboarding
Windsurfing, the inventive marriage of sailing and surfing, has found the perfect honeymoon spot in Hawaii. This island state is a Mecca for windsurfing enthusiasts and Oahu, boasting some world-class sailing spots, is a good place to learnthe sport.
Try Kailua Bay on Oahu's Windward side where most of the bay's floor is covered with sand and the few coral heads and reefs are easy to spot. Several Kailua companies rent equipment and offer single and group lessons.
Diamond Head, one of the most popular windsurfing spots on the island, is recommended for intermediate to advanced sailors.
From the technological advances of windsurfing, paragliding and wakeboarding has come a hot, new water sport that some people call kiteboarding and others call kitesurfing. No matter what you call it, call it fun!
One of the “greenest” ways to get close to nature on Oahu is by paddling a kayak. It’s just you and the ocean, surrounded by blue waters, wildlife and the wide Hawaii sky.
Most kayak activity providers offer beginner lessons, affordable kayaks and soft vehicle racks to carry kayaks wherever you want to launch. Several will send professional guides with you on an eco-tour adventure that aims to include as many wildlife encounters as possible.
Areas to kayak on Oahu are many and diverse. Kailua Beach is one of the world’s best and offers a beautiful experience. Whether you kayak on your own or with a guide, this activity will keep you in the moment and in the spirit of Hawaii.
Gain a new perspective of Oahu from the sky under a parasail. You can see forever on this quiet thrill, as you float over the beach, white caps and marine life. Once you’re up there, it’s easy to forget you're being towed by a boat and floating somewhere between 300 and 800 feet above the ocean. You can see for miles and miles, yet you aren't so far away that you can't distinguish details.
Parasailing adventures take place in the Honolulu/Waikiki area with activity companies sometimes offering transportation. Read more about the parasailing experience, grab a friend and we’ll see you soon - reaching for the sky.
- Top Oahu attractions, one low price for admission to all!
- From $1,675 - Big Island + Kauai + Maui Island Hopping Trip: 9 Nights Incl. Air, Transfers, Hotels, Breakfast & Taxes
- Oahu sightseeing tours - let someone else do the driving.
- Dolphin Encounter at Dolphin Quest Oahu from $225
- Discount Hawaii Car Rental - Jeeps, exotic cars, motorcycles, and more!
- $819+ Moana Surfrider, A Westin Resort & Spa: 3 nights w/air and FREE Hertz Rental Upgrade PLUS complimentary lei & tropical punch upon arrival.
- Aqua Lotus, incl. evening wine service, cruiser bikes, yoga, and more - $199
- Discount Hawaii Car Rental - guaranteed reservations, no deposit, cancel anytime.
- Exceptionally spacious rooms in Central Waikiki at Aqua Waikiki Pearl - $97
- From $585 – Waikiki / Oahu Vacations: 3 nights w/air and FREE one-category Hertz Rental Upgrade
Hawaiian Airlines: Special Offers
- $539+ Hawaii Winter Vacation Sale: 3 nights with air!
- Over 35 Oahu attractions & activities, 1 LOW PRICE! Save up to 55% now!
- Save up to 40% plus complimentary breakfast at Starwood Resorts in Hawaii!
- Na Pali Coast, Waimea Canyon, and 'Jurassic Park Falls' views with Blue Hawaiian Helicopters!
- Kaanapali Beach Hotel - 4-night Romance Package just $1709