To early Hawaiians, surfing was more than catching and riding waves. It was the center of social and ritual activities that began with the selection of the tree from which the board would be carved and progressed to legendary surfing contests for the ali’i (chiefs). In religion, inlanguage, in story and song, surfing was a significant part of the rich tapestry of life in Hawaii.
Today's surfers are no less enchanted by the sport. When the surf's up, all else pales in significance. Surfing captures one's body and soul through the very power and fury of the ocean, and it never lets you go.
Waikiki, with reliable waves almost all year round, is a good choice for the beginner.
The "Seven Mile Miracle," which stretches from Hale’iwa to Sunset Beach on Oahu’s North Shore, contains many of the major surf spots on this wintertime big wave coast, including Rocky Point, Banzai Pipeline, Ehukai, Waimea Bay, Chun's Reef, Laniakea, and Sunset Beach.
Surfing pros, male and female, offer lessons throughout the island.
|Beaches on Oahu||Learn to Surf|
|North Shore Beach Guide||Oahu's Great Surfing Beaches|
- Free Unlimited Golf in October at Turtle Bay this Golftober.
- Come be a part of history – VIP access is only the beginning
- $669+ Hawaii January Sale –$100 off + FREE Convertible SUV or Minivan Rental
- Touch, Swim with, and even Kiss a Dolphin!
- Breathtaking views at Honolulu's tallest hotel, Aqua Skyline at Island Colony - just $89
- Contemporary boutique hotel 1 block from Waikiki Beach, Aqua Palms Waikiki
- Discount Hawaii Car Rental - Jeeps, exotic cars, motorcycles, and more!
- Waikiki's best value, Maile Sky Court - $113
- Grand Waikikian Suites by Hilton Grand Vacations from $296
- From $1,065 - 8 Nt. Oahu & Maui Package w/Air, Hotel, Transfer & Taxes
- Swim with Dolphins without the crowds!
- $569+ Waikiki / Oahu 3 nights w/Air. Save up to $100 per Booking!
- From $1,350 - 9 Nights Island Hopping: Oahu, Kauai & Maui w/Air, Hotel & Breakfast. Spend 3 Nights in each island.
Hawaiian Airlines: Special Offers