Shark Encounters on Oahu
Maybe you’ve done the snorkeling and scuba diving yet you’d like a bigger thrill. Having an up-close-and-personal shark encounter may be exactly what you’re looking for. Get ready to feel humble in the presence of one of nature’s most perfect predators.
The North Shore of Oahu is where the shark encounter tours originate, usually from Haleiwa Harbor. As you head off the coast, other marine life such as Hawaiian green sea turtles, dolphins, and humpback whales during the migration season. Sharks can be seen from the vessel and guests have the choice of going into the shark cage, a secure enclosure to view sharks through near the surface of the water.
The shark cage provides visibility of approximately 200 feet, making it possible to see sharks coming up—and at you—from the deep. You can expect to see sharks ranging from 5- to 15-feet just inches away from the cage.
With the exception of man, the shark is considered nature's most perfect predator. This is a creature that, as an adult, grows seven- to 12-sets of teeth a year, has no breakable bones and actually possess six highly developed senses.
On a shark tour, passengers can expect to see gray reef, Galapagos, sandbar and hammerhead sharks. The early Hawaiians worshiped shark gods. In Hawaii, each island had a different god. The king shark god of Oahu is Kamohoali'i, who is said to reside in an underwater cave near Pearl Harbor.
- From $919 - Oahu & Kauai Island Hopping 6 Nights Incl. Air, Transfers & Daily Breakfast. Choose your favorite hotel for your stay!
- From $1,112 - Oahu Hyatt Hotel 5-Night Vacation w/Airfare, Hyatt Hotel Stay, Breakfast & Taxes
- Save up to 50% on your car rental with major USA car companies - Discount Hawaii Car Rental
- Come and be part of history at surfing’s ultimate experience with one of our special package offers. VIP access is only the beginning...
- Swim with Dolphins without the crowds!
- Hawaii Pirate Ship Adventures Lost Treasure Excursion - $45
- Hilton Hawaii Deals - starting at just $169
- Iconic Waikiki vistas & vintage hospitality at the Aqua Ilikai Hotel and Suites - $158
- From $959 - Island Hopping: Big Island & Oahu, 6 Nights w/Air, Hotel, Transfers & Daily Breakfast
- $679+ Hilton Hawaiian Village® Waikiki Beach Resort: 3 Nights with Air. Includes $100 off PLUS kids 18 & under stay free!
Hawaiian Airlines: Special Offers
- Come be a part of history – VIP access is only the beginning
- Free Unlimited Golf in October at Turtle Bay this Golftober.
- $669+ Hawaii January Sale –$100 off + FREE Convertible SUV or Minivan Rental