Shark Encounters on Oahu
Maybe you’ve done the snorkeling and scuba diving yet you’d like a bigger thrill. Having an up-close-and-personal shark encounter may be exactly what you’re looking for. Get ready to feel humble in the presence of one of nature’s most perfect predators.
The North Shore of Oahu is where the shark encounter tours originate, usually from Haleiwa Harbor. As you head off the coast, other marine life such as Hawaiian green sea turtles, dolphins, and humpback whales during the migration season. Sharks can be seen from the vessel and guests have the choice of going into the shark cage, a secure enclosure to view sharks through near the surface of the water.
The shark cage provides visibility of approximately 200 feet, making it possible to see sharks coming up—and at you—from the deep. You can expect to see sharks ranging from 5- to 15-feet just inches away from the cage.
With the exception of man, the shark is considered nature's most perfect predator. This is a creature that, as an adult, grows seven- to 12-sets of teeth a year, has no breakable bones and actually possess six highly developed senses.
On a shark tour, passengers can expect to see gray reef, Galapagos, sandbar and hammerhead sharks. The early Hawaiians worshiped shark gods. In Hawaii, each island had a different god. The king shark god of Oahu is Kamohoali'i, who is said to reside in an underwater cave near Pearl Harbor.
- 20% Off at Aqua Waikiki Wave
- Free additional driver with Discount Hawaii Car Rental
- Enjoy a Dolphin Duo package for 2 at Dolphin Quest Oahu
- $785+ Moana Surfrider - A Westin Resort & Spa: 3 nights with air & transfers. Includes FREE roundtrip transfers, daily breakfast for two, mai tais and more!
- $735+ Hilton Hawaiian Village® Waikiki Beach Resort: 3 nights with air & transfers. Includes FREE roundtrip transfers PLUS kids 18 and younger stay FREE!
- Luana Waikiki, a contemporary boutique hotel located just a short stroll from Waikiki Beach - $119
- Park Shore Waikiki offers you beachfront location without the beachfront prices!
- Aqua Queen Kapiolani Hotel, adjacent to Waikiki Aquarium, Kapiolani Park, & Honolulu Zoo
- $735+ Pacific Beach Hotel: 3 Nights with air & transfers. Includes FREE roundtrip transfers PLUS kids 17 & younger stay FREE!
- Dolphin Encounter at Dolphin Quest Oahu from $225
Hawaiian Airlines: Special Offers
- Volcano Value Rates at Royal Kona Resort from $129
- Kaanapali Beach Hotel - 4 night Best of the Beach package just $1385
- Hilton Hawaii Deals - starting at just $169
- $555+ Hawaii Vacations: 3 Nights with Air & FREE midsize rental or roundtrip transfers
- Save up to 50% on your car rental with major USA car companies - Discount Hawaii Car Rental