Hiking and Walking Tours
In the mountains and valleys beyond the densely scattered mass of Oahu's population, a gentle jungle beckons. It is an intoxicating tangle of tropical forests, sparkling waterfalls that tumble into gurgling streams, chattering birds and sweet-scented flowers. This is aworld primarily accessible only to hikers, a world of secrets tracked only by hiking trails. The island's trail system is varied and many trailheads are easily accessible. Seasoned local hikers will tell you that accessibility and spectacular terrain are two of the reasons they enjoy hiking the island.
You can either set out on your own (some trails, like those in Nu`uanu Valley, can be reached by bus) or book a tour with one of the island's hiking companies.
Honolulu, like many great cities, grew up around a harbor. In the late 1700s when Captain William Brown discovered the inlet known as Kou, the harbor was the only accessible anchorage in all the Hawaiian Islands and provided refuge for Asian trade ships.
Heading inland from the shoreline, history breathes in places like the ‘Iolani Palace, the only palace on U.S. soil; the Mission Houses complex, built in the early 1800s by Christian missionaries who would change the history of Hawaii; and Washington Place, until recently the official residence of Hawaii governors.
Tours of these and other downtown Honolulu historic sites are available and will shed light into the splendid resiliency of the Hawaiian culture.
- Get a bird's eye view of Diamond Head Crater. Oahu helicopter tours from $205
- $869+ Hilton Hawaiian Village® Waikiki Beach Resort: 3 nights w/Air. Kids 18 & younger stay FREE! Get a FREE upgrade when you book a Hertz rental.
- Sunset cocktail/dinner cruises from $44!
- Soar over the Oahu coast on a Parasailing adventure.
- Don't leave Hawaii without trying surfing - lessons for all skill levels.
- Shark Encounters on Oahu's North Shore. Add a little excitement to your vacation.
- Enjoy a Dolphin Duo package for 2 at Dolphin Quest Oahu
- Experience the REAL Hawaii with Blue Hawaiian Helicopters. Tours from $149
- To truly experience Hawaii, you must see it from above! Blue Hawaiian Helicopter tours from $149
- From $1,535 - Big Island + Kauai + Maui Island Hopping Trip: 9 Nights Incl. Air, Transfers, Hotels, Breakfast & Taxes
Hawaiian Airlines: Special Offers
- $785+ Hawaii Trips w/Air & FREE Convertible, SUV or Minivan
- 5th Night FREE at Maui and Kauai condos. Book Now!
- Secluded Maui beach resort, free car, dining credits & more
- Over 35 Oahu attractions & activities, 1 LOW PRICE! Save up to 55% now!
- Na Pali Coast, Waimea Canyon, and "Jurassic Park Falls" views with Blue Hawaiian Helicopters!