Hiking and Walking Tours
In the mountains and valleys beyond the densely scattered mass of Oahu's population, a gentle jungle beckons. It is an intoxicating tangle of tropical forests, sparkling waterfalls that tumble into gurgling streams, chattering birds and sweet-scented flowers. This is aworld primarily accessible only to hikers, a world of secrets tracked only by hiking trails. The island's trail system is varied and many trailheads are easily accessible. Seasoned local hikers will tell you that accessibility and spectacular terrain are two of the reasons they enjoy hiking the island.
You can either set out on your own (some trails, like those in Nu`uanu Valley, can be reached by bus) or book a tour with one of the island's hiking companies.
Honolulu, like many great cities, grew up around a harbor. In the late 1700s when Captain William Brown discovered the inlet known as Kou, the harbor was the only accessible anchorage in all the Hawaiian Islands and provided refuge for Asian trade ships.
Heading inland from the shoreline, history breathes in places like the ‘Iolani Palace, the only palace on U.S. soil; the Mission Houses complex, built in the early 1800s by Christian missionaries who would change the history of Hawaii; and Washington Place, until recently the official residence of Hawaii governors.
Tours of these and other downtown Honolulu historic sites are available and will shed light into the splendid resiliency of the Hawaiian culture.
- See Hawaii’s underwater beauty without getting wet! Atlantis Submarine Tour - $134
- Waikiki Friday Night Fireworks Sunset Dinner Cruise - $89
- Breathtaking views at Honolulu's tallest hotel, Aqua Skyline at Island Colony - just $89
- Make a Play Date with a Dolphin at Dolphin Quest Hawaii or Oahu
- Affordable suites in the Heart of Waikiki, Hokele Suites Waikiki - 15% Off Best Available Rate
- Enjoy a personal Family Swim at Dolphin Quest Hawaii
- Luana Waikiki, a contemporary boutique hotel located just a short stroll from Waikiki Beach - $119
- Make some new friends at Dolphin Quest Hawaii or Oahu
- Aqua Queen Kapiolani Hotel, adjacent to Waikiki Aquarium, Kapiolani Park, & Honolulu Zoo
- Discount Hawaii Car Rental - guaranteed reservations, no deposit, cancel anytime.
Hawaiian Airlines: Special Offers
- $565+ Hawaii 3-Night Vacations with Air – FREE Hertz mid-size rental!