Hiking and Walking Tours
In the mountains and valleys beyond the densely scattered mass of Oahu's population, a gentle jungle beckons. It is an intoxicating tangle of tropical forests, sparkling waterfalls that tumble into gurgling streams, chattering birds and sweet-scented flowers. This is aworld primarily accessible only to hikers, a world of secrets tracked only by hiking trails. The island's trail system is varied and many trailheads are easily accessible. Seasoned local hikers will tell you that accessibility and spectacular terrain are two of the reasons they enjoy hiking the island.
You can either set out on your own (some trails, like those in Nu`uanu Valley, can be reached by bus) or book a tour with one of the island's hiking companies.
Honolulu, like many great cities, grew up around a harbor. In the late 1700s when Captain William Brown discovered the inlet known as Kou, the harbor was the only accessible anchorage in all the Hawaiian Islands and provided refuge for Asian trade ships.
Heading inland from the shoreline, history breathes in places like the ‘Iolani Palace, the only palace on U.S. soil; the Mission Houses complex, built in the early 1800s by Christian missionaries who would change the history of Hawaii; and Washington Place, until recently the official residence of Hawaii governors.
Tours of these and other downtown Honolulu historic sites are available and will shed light into the splendid resiliency of the Hawaiian culture.
- Aqua Queen Kapiolani Hotel, adjacent to Waikiki Aquarium, Kapiolani Park, & Honolulu Zoo
- Hokulani Waikiki by Hilton Grand Vacations Club - $286
- Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort - $249
- Save up to 50% on your car rental with major USA car companies - Discount Hawaii Car Rental
- 20% Off at Aqua Waikiki Pearl
- From $1,486 - Big Island + Kauai + Maui Island Hopping Trip: 9 Nights Incl. Air, Transfers, Hotels, Breakfast & Taxes
- Free additional driver with Discount Hawaii Car Rental
- Make some new friends at Dolphin Quest Hawaii or Oahu
- From $862 - Oahu & Maui Island Hopping 6 Nights Incl. Air, Transfers & Daily Breakfast. Choose your favorite hotel for your stay!
- DoubleTree by Hilton Alana Waikiki Hotel - $249
Hawaiian Airlines: Special Offers
- $579+ Hawaii 3 nights with Air & FREE fullsize Car
- Volcano Value Rates at Royal Kona Resort from $129
- Kaanapali Beach Hotel - 4 night Best of the Beach package just $1385
- Hilton Hawaii Deals - starting at just $169