Hiking and Walking Tours
In the mountains and valleys beyond the densely scattered mass of Oahu's population, a gentle jungle beckons. It is an intoxicating tangle of tropical forests, sparkling waterfalls that tumble into gurgling streams, chattering birds and sweet-scented flowers. This is aworld primarily accessible only to hikers, a world of secrets tracked only by hiking trails. The island's trail system is varied and many trailheads are easily accessible. Seasoned local hikers will tell you that accessibility and spectacular terrain are two of the reasons they enjoy hiking the island.
You can either set out on your own (some trails, like those in Nu`uanu Valley, can be reached by bus) or book a tour with one of the island's hiking companies.
Honolulu, like many great cities, grew up around a harbor. In the late 1700s when Captain William Brown discovered the inlet known as Kou, the harbor was the only accessible anchorage in all the Hawaiian Islands and provided refuge for Asian trade ships.
Heading inland from the shoreline, history breathes in places like the ‘Iolani Palace, the only palace on U.S. soil; the Mission Houses complex, built in the early 1800s by Christian missionaries who would change the history of Hawaii; and Washington Place, until recently the official residence of Hawaii governors.
Tours of these and other downtown Honolulu historic sites are available and will shed light into the splendid resiliency of the Hawaiian culture.
- Iconic Waikiki vistas & vintage hospitality at the Aqua Ilikai Hotel and Suites - $158
- Hilton Grand Vacations Suites at Hilton Hawaiian Village - $197
- Enjoy a Dolphin Duo package for 2 at Dolphin Quest Oahu
- Come and be part of history at surfing’s ultimate experience with one of our special package offers. VIP access is only the beginning...
- Free additional driver with Discount Hawaii Car Rental
- Waikiki's leading eco-friendly boutique hotel, discover an oasis of calm at Aqua Bamboo Waikiki
- Touch, Swim with, and even Kiss a Dolphin!
- From $899 - Oahu & Maui Island Hopping 6 Nights Incl. Air, Transfers & Daily Breakfast. Choose your favorite hotel for your stay!
- Surf-inspired budget boutique hotel with free breakfast, Aqua Aloha Surf Waikiki - $96
- Guaranteed cheap car rental rates with national rental companies
Hawaiian Airlines: Special Offers
- Come be a part of history – VIP access is only the beginning
- Volcano Value Rates at Royal Kona Resort from $129
- Kaanapali Beach Hotel - 4 night Best of the Beach package just $1385
- Hawaii 3 nights w/ Air – FREE fullsize Car PLUS save up to $100!