As if the beautiful blue waters and scenic landscapes weren’t enough, Oahu’s oceans are home to delightful wildlife. Hawaii's marine mammals are fascinating and easily observed creatures and many boating activity companies combine dolphin watching with snorkeling, SCUBA or snuba.
During the winter humpbackseason, it's common to see 40-ton whales with 15-foot pectoral fins breaching offshore, and resident spinner dolphins can be seen flashing through the surf any day. It's common to come across sea turtles feeding near the shore. And occasionally a critically endangered Hawaiian Monk Seal, sometimes with a pup, will climb out onto a beach and come into view.
Quietly observing marine life for photo opportunities is the ultimate experience because respecting Hawaii’s wildlife is the right thing to do. Dolphins are protected by the Marine Mammal Protection Act which states humans and vessels maintain a distance of at least 50 yards. Dolphins may approach you, but it is against the law to approach, chase, surround, touch or swim with them.
- Volcano Value Rates at Royal Kona Resort from $129
- Come be a part of history – VIP access is only the beginning
- Hawaii 3 nights w/ Air – FREE fullsize Car PLUS save up to $100!
- Kaanapali Beach Hotel - 4 night Best of the Beach package just $1385
- Hilton Hawaii Deals - starting at just $169
- Dolphin Encounter at Dolphin Quest Oahu from $225
- 20% Off at Aqua Waikiki Wave
- Guaranteed cheap car rental rates with national rental companies
- Swim with Dolphins without the crowds!
- Enjoy a personal Family Swim at Dolphin Quest Hawaii
- Luana Waikiki, a contemporary boutique hotel located just a short stroll from Waikiki Beach - $119
- Park Shore Waikiki offers you beachfront location without the beachfront prices!
- Soundproof rooms, Jacuzzi tubs, continental breakfast and more at Aqua Waikiki Joy Hotel - $132
- Discount Hawaii Car Rental - guaranteed reservations, no deposit, cancel anytime.
Hawaiian Airlines: Special Offers