As if the beautiful blue waters and scenic landscapes weren’t enough, Oahu’s oceans are home to delightful wildlife. Hawaii's marine mammals are fascinating and easily observed creatures and many boating activity companies combine dolphin watching with snorkeling, SCUBA or snuba.
During the winter humpbackseason, it's common to see 40-ton whales with 15-foot pectoral fins breaching offshore, and resident spinner dolphins can be seen flashing through the surf any day. It's common to come across sea turtles feeding near the shore. And occasionally a critically endangered Hawaiian Monk Seal, sometimes with a pup, will climb out onto a beach and come into view.
Quietly observing marine life for photo opportunities is the ultimate experience because respecting Hawaii’s wildlife is the right thing to do. dolphins are protected by the Marine Mammal Protection Act which states humans and vessels maintain a distance of at least 50 yards. dolphins may approach you, but it is against the law to approach, chase, surround, touch or swim with them.
- Kaanapali Beach Hotel - 3-night Whale Encounter Package from $878
- Aloha Special Reduced Rates starting at $149/night
- Swim with dolphins without the crowds!
- $555+ Hawaii Vacations: 3-Night with Air & FREE Midsize Car Rental
- Kids Aquatic Adventure at Dolphin Quest Oahu from $275
- Breathtaking views at Honolulu's tallest hotel, Aqua Skyline at Island Colony - just $89
- 20% Off at Aqua Waikiki Pearl
- Enjoy a Dolphin Duo package for 2 at Dolphin Quest Oahu
- Exceptionally spacious rooms in Central Waikiki at Aqua Waikiki Pearl - $97
- Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort - $249
- DoubleTree by Hilton Alana Waikiki Hotel - $249
- $555+ Waikiki / Oahu 3 nights with Air and Car. Includes FREE Midsize Car Rental.
- From $919 - Island Hopping: Big Island & Oahu, 6 Nights w/Air, Hotel, Transfers, Daily Breakfast & Taxes
- From $945 9 Nights Island Hopping: Oahu, Kauai & Maui w/Air, Hotel & Breakfast. Spend 3 Nights in each island.
Hawaiian Airlines: Special Offers