As if the beautiful blue waters and scenic landscapes weren’t enough, Oahu’s oceans are home to delightful wildlife. Hawaii's marine mammals are fascinating and easily observed creatures and many boating activity companies combine dolphin watching with snorkeling, SCUBA or snuba.
During the winter humpbackseason, it's common to see 40-ton whales with 15-foot pectoral fins breaching offshore, and resident spinner dolphins can be seen flashing through the surf any day. It's common to come across sea turtles feeding near the shore. And occasionally a critically endangered Hawaiian Monk Seal, sometimes with a pup, will climb out onto a beach and come into view.
Quietly observing marine life for photo opportunities is the ultimate experience because respecting Hawaii’s wildlife is the right thing to do. Dolphins are protected by the Marine Mammal Protection Act which states humans and vessels maintain a distance of at least 50 yards. Dolphins may approach you, but it is against the law to approach, chase, surround, touch or swim with them.
- Come be a part of history – VIP access is only the beginning
- $639+ Hawaii January Sale –$100 off + FREE Convertible, SUV or Minivan Rental
- Dolphin Encounter at Dolphin Quest Oahu from $225
- See Hawaii’s underwater beauty without getting wet! Atlantis Submarine Tour - $134
- Breathtaking views at Honolulu's tallest hotel, Aqua Skyline at Island Colony - just $89
- From $1,340 - Big Island + Kauai + Maui Island Hopping Trip: 9 Nights Incl. Air, Transfers, Hotels, Breakfast & Taxes
- Hokulani Waikiki by Hilton Grand Vacations Club - $286
- Make some new friends at Dolphin Quest Hawaii or Oahu
- Discount Hawaii Car Rental - guaranteed reservations, no deposit, cancel anytime.
- Affordable suites in the Heart of Waikiki, Hokele Suites Waikiki - 15% Off Best Available Rate
- Swim with Dolphins without the crowds!
- 20% Off at Aqua Waikiki Pearl
Hawaiian Airlines: Special Offers