As if the beautiful blue waters and scenic landscapes weren’t enough, Oahu’s oceans are home to delightful wildlife. Hawaii's marine mammals are fascinating and easily observed creatures and many boating activity companies combine dolphin watching with snorkeling, SCUBA or snuba.
During the winter humpbackseason, it's common to see 40-ton whales with 15-foot pectoral fins breaching offshore, and resident spinner dolphins can be seen flashing through the surf any day. It's common to come across sea turtles feeding near the shore. And occasionally a critically endangered Hawaiian Monk Seal, sometimes with a pup, will climb out onto a beach and come into view.
Quietly observing marine life for photo opportunities is the ultimate experience because respecting Hawaii’s wildlife is the right thing to do. Dolphins are protected by the Marine Mammal Protection Act which states humans and vessels maintain a distance of at least 50 yards. Dolphins may approach you, but it is against the law to approach, chase, surround, touch or swim with them.
- Volcano Value Rates at Royal Kona Resort from $129
- $565+ Hawaii 3-Night Vacations with Air – FREE Hertz mid-size rental!
- Hilton Hawaii Deals - starting at just $169
- Hilton Waikiki Beach - $170
- Hilton Grand Vacations Suites at Hilton Hawaiian Village - $197
- Hokulani Waikiki by Hilton Grand Vacations Club - $286
- Grand Waikikian Suites by Hilton Grand Vacations from $296
- Guaranteed cheap car rental rates with national rental companies
- Affordable suites in the Heart of Waikiki, Hokele Suites Waikiki - 15% Off Best Available Rate
- 20% Off at Aqua Waikiki Wave
- Aqua Lotus, incl. evening wine service, cruiser bikes, yoga, and more - $199
- Embassy Suites Waikiki Beach Walk - $289
- Dolphin Encounter at Dolphin Quest Oahu from $225
Hawaiian Airlines: Special Offers