You will never forget the experience of meeting dolphins in Hawaii. These fascinating and playful creatures are often seen skimming the surface of the ocean, spinning and leaping. There are places in Hawaii where you can meet dolphins and even swim with them.
At a dolphin encounter facility,guests can become acquainted with the dolphins in shallow waters, while experts share information about these animals and the environmental issues affecting them in the wild.
Booking a snorkel cruise is another way to come in contact with pods of dolphins. Some companies conduct open ocean personalized wild life adventures with dolphins.
Dolphins are protected by the Marine Mammal Protection Act which states humans and vessels maintain a distance of at least 50 yards. Dolphins may approach humans, but it is against the law to approach, chase, surround, touch or swim with them.
Hawaii is home to eight different species of dolphin but the most famous and instantly recognizable are the bottlenose. Atlantic Bottlenose dolphins can reach up to 10 feet in length and are easily identified by their rounded forehead, or melon, and amicable expression. Usually seen in small groups or singly, they spend most of their time in the channels between the islands but will sometimes approach passing boats.
- $130 & Up - 350+ Maui & Kauai Condos 35% OFF in March or April
- Aloha Special Rates at Royal Lahaina Resort from $179/night
- $609+ Hawaii Vacations with Air and FREE rental car or transfers
- Over 35 Oahu attractions & activities, 1 LOW PRICE! Save up to 55% now!
- SAVE Manta Ray Snorkel or World’s Only Glass Bottom Manta Watch @ BlueSeaCruisesInc.com 2 Manta tours
- Exceptionally spacious rooms in Central Waikiki at Aqua Waikiki Pearl - $97
- Discount Hawaii Car Rental - guaranteed reservations, no deposit, cancel anytime.
- 20% Off at Aqua Waikiki Wave
- Park Shore Waikiki offers you beachfront location without the beachfront prices!
- 20% Off at Aqua Waikiki Pearl
- Discount Hawaii Car Rental - Jeeps, exotic cars, motorcycles, and more!
- Aqua Lotus, incl. evening wine service, cruiser bikes, yoga, and more - $199
- Aqua Queen Kapiolani Hotel, adjacent to Waikiki Aquarium, Kapiolani Park, & Honolulu Zoo
- Enjoy a personal Family Swim at Dolphin Quest Hawaii
- From $1,069 - Island Hopping: Big Island & Oahu, 6 Nights w/Air, Hotel, Transfers & Daily Breakfast
Hawaiian Airlines: Special Offers