The beautifully dramatic view from a commercial jet coming in for a landing at Honolulu International Airport is enough to make most people want to see more. Many visitors book flightseeing tours and some go for a slower-paced fixed-wing aircraft tour.
These planes come equipped with oversized windowsand doors for good views of the landscape. Tours cover all the major sights, often include transportation from Waikiki hotels and come in a variety of packages. These small aircraft seat from three to six passengers and tend to be both personal and comfortable.
Fixed wing operators conduct scenic tours of Oahu in planes with large bubble windows, which offer each passenger optimal viewing. Many flights depart from Kalaeloa Airport, flying over points of interest like Pearl Harbor with views of the Arizona Memorial and Battleship Row plus views of big winter surf on North Shore beaches.
- contributions from 101 Things To Do
|Go for a Spin in a Biplane||Soar in a Glider|
|Take Flight in an Ultralight||Unforgettable Ride: Skydive!|
- Save up to 50% on your car rental with major USA car companies - Discount Hawaii Car Rental
- Kaanapali Beach Hotel - 4 night Best of the Beach package just $1385
- Swim with dolphins without the crowds!
- Aloha Special Reduced Rates starting at $149/night
- Swim with Dolphins without the crowds!
- From $1,049 - Oahu Hyatt Hotel 5-Night Vacation w/Airfare, Hyatt Hotel Stay, Breakfast & Taxes
- Surf-inspired budget boutique hotel with free breakfast, Aqua Aloha Surf Waikiki - $96
- Hokulani Waikiki by Hilton Grand Vacations Club - $286
- Waikiki's best value, Maile Sky Court - $113
- Discount Hawaii Car Rental - Jeeps, exotic cars, motorcycles, and more!
- From $1,049 - Big Island + Kauai + Maui Island Hopping Trip: 9 Nights Incl. Air, Transfers, Hotels, Breakfast & Taxes
- $935+Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort & Spa: 3 Nights w/Air & Car. Includes FREE Convertible or Luxury Car Rental PLUS kids 18 and younger stay FREE!
- Enjoy a Dolphin Duo package for 2 at Dolphin Quest Oahu
- Breathtaking views at Honolulu's tallest hotel, Aqua Skyline at Island Colony - just $89
Hawaiian Airlines: Special Offers