“Waikiki” is one of the most recognized names in Hawaii and the main tourist destination of Hawaii. With a reputation larger-than-life, Waikiki possesses both spectacular natural beautiful and a buzzing, crazy pace.To be clear, Waikiki is a beach, beachfront area and is a neighborhood of Honolulu, knownfor its high-rises and resort hotels, recreational activities such as surfing, shopping, active nightlife and more.
Geographically, Waikiki Beach is not very long and the surf is known for its long rolling break, making it ideal for long boarding, tandem surfing and beginners. Hawaiian royalty came to the area as a retreat in the 1880’s, to surf, to relax and to visit and the earliest small hotels opened in the 1880’s.
Waikiki isn’t much different from the after-dark scene in most big cities — unless, of course, you factor in dazzling hula moons, balmy evening air, and the rhythm of ukuleles strumming to the beat of pounding surf and the slap of rubber slippers.
There are quiet cocktail bars, jazz clubs, rock and roll dance clubs, places that specialize in Hawaiian music, salsa and reggae clubs, karaoke bars, country dance halls, English and Irish pubs, stage extravaganzas and down and dirty pubs that stay open until 4 a.m.
See some activities Waikiki has to offer below:
- Discount Hawaii Car Rental - guaranteed reservations, no deposit, cancel anytime.
- Swim with Dolphins without the crowds!
- $789 The Royal Hawaiian - A Luxury Collection Resort: 3 Nights with air and car. Includes FREE fullsize car rental, daily breakfast for 2 & more!
- Hilton Grand Vacations Suites at Hilton Hawaiian Village - $197
- Make a Play Date with a Dolphin at Dolphin Quest Hawaii or Oahu
- Exceptionally spacious rooms in Central Waikiki at Aqua Waikiki Pearl - $97
- Waikiki's best value, Maile Sky Court - $113
- Be a Dolphin Trainer for a Day with Dolphin Quest Hawaii!
- Contemporary boutique hotel 1 block from Waikiki Beach, Aqua Palms Waikiki
- Waikiki's leading eco-friendly boutique hotel, discover an oasis of calm at Aqua Bamboo Waikiki
Hawaiian Airlines: Special Offers
- $579+ Hawaii 3 nights with Air & FREE fullsize Car
- Kaanapali Beach Hotel - 4 night Best of the Beach package just $1385
- Hilton Hawaii Deals - starting at just $169
- Volcano Value Rates at Royal Kona Resort from $129