“Waikiki” is one of the most recognized names in Hawaii and the main tourist destination of Hawaii. With a reputation larger-than-life, Waikiki possesses both spectacular natural beautiful and a buzzing, crazy pace.To be clear, Waikiki is a beach, beachfront area and is a neighborhood of Honolulu, knownfor its high-rises and resort hotels, recreational activities such as surfing, shopping, active nightlife and more.
Geographically, Waikiki Beach is not very long and the surf is known for its long rolling break, making it ideal for long boarding, tandem surfing and beginners. Hawaiian royalty came to the area as a retreat in the 1880’s, to surf, to relax and to visit and the earliest small hotels opened in the 1880’s.
Waikiki isn’t much different from the after-dark scene in most big cities — unless, of course, you factor in dazzling hula moons, balmy evening air, and the rhythm of ukuleles strumming to the beat of pounding surf and the slap of rubber slippers.
There are quiet cocktail bars, jazz clubs, rock and roll dance clubs, places that specialize in Hawaiian music, salsa and reggae clubs, karaoke bars, country dance halls, English and Irish pubs, stage extravaganzas and down and dirty pubs that stay open until 4 a.m.
See some activities Waikiki has to offer below:
- Make some new friends at Dolphin Quest Hawaii or Oahu
- Waikiki's leading eco-friendly boutique hotel, discover an oasis of calm at Aqua Bamboo Waikiki
- From $855 - Oahu & Kauai Island Hopping 6 Nights Incl. Air, Transfers & Daily Breakfast. Choose your favorite hotel for your stay!
- Aqua Queen Kapiolani Hotel, adjacent to Waikiki Aquarium, Kapiolani Park, & Honolulu Zoo
- From $987 - Oahu & Maui Island Hopping 6 Nights Incl. Air, Transfers & Daily Breakfast. Choose your favorite hotel for your stay!
- Kids Aquatic Adventure at Dolphin Quest Oahu from $275
- Breathtaking views at Honolulu's tallest hotel, Aqua Skyline at Island Colony - just $89
- Iconic Waikiki vistas & vintage hospitality at the Aqua Ilikai Hotel and Suites - $158
- Soundproof rooms, Jacuzzi tubs, continental breakfast and more at Aqua Waikiki Joy Hotel - $132
- Hilton Waikiki Beach - $170
Hawaiian Airlines: Special Offers
- Save up to 50% on your car rental with major USA car companies - Discount Hawaii Car Rental
- Volcano Value Rates at Royal Kona Resort from $129
- Hilton Hawaii Deals - starting at just $169
- $555+ Hawaii Vacations: 3 Nights with Air & FREE midsize rental or roundtrip transfers
- Kaanapali Beach Hotel - 4 night Best of the Beach package just $1385