“Waikiki” is one of the most recognized names in Hawaii and the main tourist destination of Hawaii. With a reputation larger-than-life, Waikiki possesses both spectacular natural beautiful and a buzzing, crazy pace.To be clear, Waikiki is a beach, beachfront area and is a neighborhood of Honolulu, knownfor its high-rises and resort hotels, recreational activities such as surfing, shopping, active nightlife and more.
Geographically, Waikiki Beach is not very long and the surf is known for its long rolling break, making it ideal for long boarding, tandem surfing and beginners. Hawaiian royalty came to the area as a retreat in the 1880’s, to surf, to relax and to visit and the earliest small hotels opened in the 1880’s.
Waikiki isn’t much different from the after-dark scene in most big cities — unless, of course, you factor in dazzling hula moons, balmy evening air, and the rhythm of ukuleles strumming to the beat of pounding surf and the slap of rubber slippers.
There are quiet cocktail bars, jazz clubs, rock and roll dance clubs, places that specialize in Hawaiian music, salsa and reggae clubs, karaoke bars, country dance halls, English and Irish pubs, stage extravaganzas and down and dirty pubs that stay open until 4 a.m.
|Beaches on Oahu||Have Lunch at a Historic Hotel|
|Living the "Hy" Life||Top Photo Spots on Oahu|
|Torch Lighting in Waikiki||U.S. Army Museum|
- Come be a part of history – VIP access is only the beginning
- Free Unlimited Golf in October at Turtle Bay this Golftober.
- $669+ Hawaii January Sale –$100 off + FREE Convertible SUV or Minivan Rental
- Embassy Suites Waikiki Beach Walk - $289
- Aqua Queen Kapiolani Hotel, adjacent to Waikiki Aquarium, Kapiolani Park, & Honolulu Zoo
- Enjoy a Dolphin Duo package for 2 at Dolphin Quest Oahu
- Hokulani Waikiki by Hilton Grand Vacations Club - $286
- Discount Hawaii Car Rental - Jeeps, exotic cars, motorcycles, and more!
- Grand Waikikian Suites by Hilton Grand Vacations from $296
- Luau, dinner cruise, snorkel and more! Book all your activities in one place
- From $1,065 - 8 Nt. Oahu & Maui Package w/Air, Hotel, Transfer & Taxes
- Park Shore Waikiki offers you beachfront location without the beachfront prices!
- See Hawaii’s underwater beauty without getting wet! Atlantis Submarine Tour - $134
Hawaiian Airlines: Special Offers