Pearl Harbor/U.S.S. Arizona Memorial
This harbor, located west of Honolulu on the southern end of Oahu, is the headquarters of the U.S. Pacific Fleet. The attack on Pearl Harbor by the Empire of Japan on December 7, 1941, brought the United States into World War II. The attack, which claimed the lives of 2,388 military andcivilian personnel and resulted in the damage or loss of 21 vessels and 170 planes, triggered U.S. involvement in World War II.
The USS Arizona was one of seven battleships tied up along "Battleship Row" on the southeast shore of Ford Island when the first wave of the Japanese attack began. The ship exploded at approximately 8:10 a.m. In less than nine minutes, she sank with 1,177 of her crew.
Today more than 1.5 million people a year—over 4,500 a day—pay tribute to the Arizona crew when they visit the USS Arizona Memorial. The state’s top tourist attraction, the center is located on the Pearl Harbor Navy Base, about 45 minutes west of Waikiki. The Memorial, which is a unit of the National Park Service, was dedicated on Memorial Day 1962.
The Pacific Aviation Museum is a significant addition to the enormously popular complex of historic military attractions at Pearl Harbor. The museum is located on Ford Island, a National Historic Landmark at the center of the Pearl Harbor Historic Site complex.
- Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort - $249
- Exceptionally spacious rooms in Central Waikiki at Aqua Waikiki Pearl - $97
- Vacation Memory of a Lifetime: Family Swim at Dolphin Quest Hawaii or Oahu
- Affordable suites in the Heart of Waikiki, Hokele Suites Waikiki - 15% Off Best Available Rate
- Waikiki's best value, Maile Sky Court - $113
- Breathtaking views at Honolulu's tallest hotel, Aqua Skyline at Island Colony - just $89
- Soundproof rooms, Jacuzzi tubs, continental breakfast and more at Aqua Waikiki Joy Hotel - $132
- Grand Waikikian Suites by Hilton Grand Vacations from $296
- Germaine’s Luau is too good to miss! $80 (transportation incl.)
- From $1,112 - Oahu Hyatt Hotel 5-Night Vacation w/Airfare, Hyatt Hotel Stay, Breakfast & Taxes
Hawaiian Airlines: Special Offers
- Come be a part of history – VIP access is only the beginning
- Free Unlimited Golf in October at Turtle Bay this Golftober.
- $639+ Hawaii January Sale –$100 off + FREE Convertible, SUV or Minivan Rental