Pearl Harbor/U.S.S. Arizona Memorial
This harbor, located west of Honolulu on the southern end of Oahu, is the headquarters of the U.S. Pacific Fleet. The attack on Pearl Harbor by the Empire of Japan on December 7, 1941, brought the United States into World War II. The attack, which claimed the lives of 2,388 military andcivilian personnel and resulted in the damage or loss of 21 vessels and 170 planes, triggered U.S. involvement in World War II.
The USS Arizona was one of seven battleships tied up along "Battleship Row" on the southeast shore of Ford Island when the first wave of the Japanese attack began. The ship exploded at approximately 8:10 a.m. In less than nine minutes, she sank with 1,177 of her crew.
Today more than 1.5 million people a year—over 4,500 a day—pay tribute to the Arizona crew when they visit the USS Arizona Memorial. The state’s top tourist attraction, the center is located on the Pearl Harbor Navy Base, about 45 minutes west of Waikiki. The Memorial, which is a unit of the National Park Service, was dedicated on Memorial Day 1962.
The Pacific Aviation Museum is a significant addition to the enormously popular complex of historic military attractions at Pearl Harbor. The museum is located on Ford Island, a National Historic Landmark at the center of the Pearl Harbor Historic Site complex.
- From $1,015 - Oahu Hyatt Hotel 5-Night Vacation w/Airfare, Hyatt Hotel Stay, Breakfast & Taxes
- From $1,018 - 8 Nt. Oahu & Kauai Vacation w/Air, Hotel, Transfer & Taxes
- 20% Off at Aqua Waikiki Wave
- Soundproof rooms, Jacuzzi tubs, continental breakfast and more at Aqua Waikiki Joy Hotel - $132
- Aqua Queen Kapiolani Hotel, adjacent to Waikiki Aquarium, Kapiolani Park, & Honolulu Zoo
- Dolphin Encounter at Dolphin Quest Oahu from $225
- Save up to 50% on your car rental with major USA car companies - Discount Hawaii Car Rental
- Exceptionally spacious rooms in Central Waikiki at Aqua Waikiki Pearl - $97
- $669+ Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel: 3 Nights with Air. Includes FREE fullsize car rental, $100 off PLUS kids 12 & under stay, play and eat FREE!
- Guaranteed cheap car rental rates with national rental companies
Hawaiian Airlines: Special Offers
- Volcano Value Rates at Royal Kona Resort from $129
- Come be a part of history – VIP access is only the beginning
- Hawaii 3 nights w/ Air – FREE fullsize Car PLUS save up to $100!
- Kaanapali Beach Hotel - 4 night Best of the Beach package just $1385