Pacific Aviation Museum - Pearl Harbor
The Pacific Aviation Museum, which opened to the public on Dec. 7, 2006, is a significant addition to the enormously popular complex of historic military attractions at Pearl Harbor. Here visitors can see vintage warplanes and exhibits in a museum dedicated to air combat and its tremendous role in the Pacific duringWorld War II.
Located just several hundred yards from the USS Arizona Memorial and the USS Battleship Missouri on Ford Island in Pearl Harbor, the $75-million museum contains a collection of fighter planes that actually participated in the War in the Pacific including a Navy Stearman biplane soloed by George H.W. Bush, a fully intact and restored Japanese Zero, the remnants and fascinating story of a Zero that crash-landed on the island of Niihau on Dec. 7, 1941, a Navy Wildcat fighter and P-40 Warhawk fighter. Also in the museum, visitors can operate a simulated American or Japanese fighter and take a lunch break at a period-decorated cafe. Specially narrated "Aviators Tours" for groups of up to 16 are also available three times daily.
When it is completed, the facility will encompass 16 acres, including three renovated hangers, a landmark control tower, and aircraft from World War II, the Vietnam War and the Korean War. Open daily from 9 a.m.-5 p.m., there is an admission fee. For tickets, check in at Ticket Office located at the USS Bowfin Submarine Museum. Call ticket office 24 hours in advance to reserve an Aviators Tour.
- $669+ Hawaii January Sale –$100 off + FREE Convertible SUV or Minivan Rental
- Free Unlimited Golf in October at Turtle Bay this Golftober.
- Come be a part of history – VIP access is only the beginning
- 20% Off at Aqua Waikiki Wave
- Discount Hawaii Car Rental - guaranteed reservations, no deposit, cancel anytime.
- Dolphin Encounter at Dolphin Quest Oahu from $225
- Embassy Suites Waikiki Beach Walk - $289
- Waikiki Friday Night Fireworks Sunset Dinner Cruise - $89
- Surf-inspired budget boutique hotel with free breakfast, Aqua Aloha Surf Waikiki - $96
- See Hawaii’s underwater beauty without getting wet! Atlantis Submarine Tour - $134
- Swim with Dolphins without the crowds!
- Contemporary boutique hotel 1 block from Waikiki Beach, Aqua Palms Waikiki
- Soundproof rooms, Jacuzzi tubs, continental breakfast and more at Aqua Waikiki Joy Hotel - $132
Hawaiian Airlines: Special Offers