Pacific Aviation Museum - Pearl Harbor
The Pacific Aviation Museum, which opened to the public on Dec. 7, 2006, is a significant addition to the enormously popular complex of historic military attractions at Pearl Harbor. Here visitors can see vintage warplanes and exhibits in a museum dedicated to air combat and its tremendous role in the Pacific duringWorld War II.
Located just several hundred yards from the USS Arizona Memorial and the USS Battleship Missouri on Ford Island in Pearl Harbor, the $75-million museum contains a collection of fighter planes that actually participated in the War in the Pacific including a Navy Stearman biplane soloed by George H.W. Bush, a fully intact and restored Japanese Zero, the remnants and fascinating story of a Zero that crash-landed on the island of Niihau on Dec. 7, 1941, a Navy Wildcat fighter and P-40 Warhawk fighter. Also in the museum, visitors can operate a simulated American or Japanese fighter and take a lunch break at a period-decorated cafe. Specially narrated "Aviators Tours" for groups of up to 16 are also available three times daily.
When it is completed, the facility will encompass 16 acres, including three renovated hangers, a landmark control tower, and aircraft from World War II, the Vietnam War and the Korean War. Open daily from 9 a.m.-5 p.m., there is an admission fee. For tickets, check in at Ticket Office located at the USS Bowfin Submarine Museum. Call ticket office 24 hours in advance to reserve an Aviators Tour.
- Save up to 50% on your car rental with major USA car companies - Discount Hawaii Car Rental
- Aloha Special Reduced Rates starting at $149/night
- Swim with dolphins without the crowds!
- Kaanapali Beach Hotel - 4 night Best of the Beach package just $1385
- From $959 9 Nights Island Hopping: Oahu, Kauai & Maui w/Air, Hotel & Breakfast. Spend 3 Nights in each island.
- Iconic Waikiki vistas & vintage hospitality at the Aqua Ilikai Hotel and Suites - $158
- Soundproof rooms, Jacuzzi tubs, continental breakfast and more at Aqua Waikiki Joy Hotel - $132
- Waikiki's best value, Maile Sky Court - $113
- $935+Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort & Spa: 3 Nights w/Air & Car. Includes FREE Convertible or Luxury Car Rental PLUS kids 18 and younger stay FREE!
- Park Shore Waikiki offers you beachfront location without the beachfront prices!
- Affordable suites in the Heart of Waikiki, Hokele Suites Waikiki - 15% Off Best Available Rate
- Grand Waikikian Suites by Hilton Grand Vacations from $296
- Luana Waikiki, a contemporary boutique hotel located just a short stroll from Waikiki Beach - $119
- Hilton Grand Vacations Suites at Hilton Hawaiian Village - $197
Hawaiian Airlines: Special Offers