Wai'anapanapa State Park
Wai'anapanapa means "glistening waters." A natural stone arch, blowhole, and hiking along two sections of the old King's Highway are features of this beautiful state park. King's Highway was once a footpath that encircled the island and connected all the villages.
A fresh water pool located in acave within the park is the subject of a tragic Hawaiian legend. The story goes that Popo'alaea, a beautiful princess, fled from her cruel husband and hid in the cave. When her husband was searching for her, he stopped at the cave for water. While his men were resting, they saw Popo'alaea's reflection in the water. She was sitting on a small rock in the underwater cave, being fanned by her handmaiden and unaware that danger was so close. Her husband dove into the pool, entered the cave, and killed them. To this day, the pool's water is said to turn red on the anniversary of her death.
Three miles from the center of Hana, Wai'anapanapa offers camping facilities in spartan cabins that will accommodate up to six people, or in a tents-only campground. The cabins are very popular and it is sometimes difficult to secure reservations for them. Permits are required for camping in the tents-only area and no exceptions are made, so come prepared. Permits are issued at the Hawaii State Office Building at 54 High Street in Wailuku, phone 984-8109.
- $669+ Hawaii January Sale –$100 off + FREE Convertible SUV or Minivan Rental
- Come be a part of history – VIP access is only the beginning
- Free Unlimited Golf in October at Turtle Bay this Golftober.
- From $1,010 - Island Hopping: Maui & Kauai, 6 Nights w/Air, Hotel, Transfers & Daily Breakfast
- $575+ Maui 3 nights w/Air. Save up to $100 per Booking!
- Hilton Hawaii Deals - starting at just $169
- Free Unlimited Golf in October for guests of Turtle Bay - Play as many rounds as you want on either of our championship courses!
- 3 Night Beauty and the Beach package at Kaanapali Beach Hotel: room, car, massage, breakfast, cabana and more - $942
- Discount Hawaii Car Rental - Jeeps, exotic cars, motorcycles, and more!
- $709+ Maui January Sale: Get $100 off + FREE Convertible SUV or Minivan Rental
- From $930 - 6 Nights Island Hopping: Big Island & Maui w/Air, Hotel & Breakfast. Spend 3 Nights in each island.
- Grand Wailea, A Waldorf Astoria Resort - $269
- Aloha Special Rates at Royal Lahaina Resort from $179 per night
Hawaiian Airlines: Special Offers