Humpback whales, like all migrating animals, never change their travel plans. When it’s time to go, they go and nothing gets in their way.
So it is that sometime in early autumn, thousands of humpback whales eat their last meal in the northern reaches of thePacific and set out on the long journey to Hawaii. That’s a 3,000-mile trip that will take a couple months to complete traveling at a steady pace of about 2 to 5 mph. There are so many of them that most boat companies don’t hesitate to guarantee sightings. And what a sight these playful, 40-ton creatures are. During humpback whale season, from mid-December to April, an estimated 900,000 travelers take a trip to Maui banking on seeing one.
The Pacific Whale Foundation hosts several events to celebrate and educate about whales.
|Sighting Giants of the Deep||Spot a Humpback from the Shore|
|Take a Whale-Watching Cruise||The Whales are Singing|
|Watch for Whales Year Round||Whale Photography Tips|
- $639+ Hawaii Vacations with Air & Car
- 50% OFF – 7-Day Maui & Kauai Condo Spring Sale
- Swim with dolphins without the crowds!
- $695+ Maui: 3-night vacations with Air and FREE Hertz Mid-Size Rental
- $829+ The Westin Maui Resort & Spa: 3 nights w/air and FREE Hertz Mid-Size Rental. Includes breakfast, credits/discounts and more!
- Kaanapali Beach Hotel - 5 night Romance Package just $1709
- From $1,519 - Big Island + Kauai + Maui Island Hopping Trip: 9 Nights Incl. Air, Transfers, Hotels, Breakfast & Taxes
- Kaanapali Beach Hotel - special rates from just $174!
- Save 20% when you add breakfast & car to your stay at Royal Lahaina Resort
- Escape the ordinary at the luxurious Hotel Wailea Maui
- Kaanapali Beach Hotel - 4 night Best of the Beach package just $1385
- Save 25% when you add breakfast to your stay at Royal Lahaina Resort
- Discount Hawaii Car Rental - guaranteed reservations, no deposit, cancel anytime.
Hawaiian Airlines: Special Offers