Humpback whales, like all migrating animals, never change their travel plans. When it’s time to go, they go and nothing gets in their way.
So it is that sometime in early autumn, thousands of humpback whales eat their last meal in the northern reaches of thePacific and set out on the long journey to Hawaii. That’s a 3,000-mile trip that will take a couple months to complete traveling at a steady pace of about 2 to 5 mph. There are so many of them that most boat companies don’t hesitate to guarantee sightings. And what a sight these playful, 40-ton creatures are. During humpback whale season, from mid-December to April, an estimated 900,000 travelers take a trip to Maui banking on seeing one.
The Pacific Whale Foundation hosts several events to celebrate and educate about whales.
|Sighting Giants of the Deep||Spot a Humpback from the Shore|
|Take a Whale-Watching Cruise||The Whales are Singing|
|Watch for Whales Year Round||Whale Photography Tips|
- $505+ Hawaii Vacations: 3-Night with Air & FREE Midsize Car Rental
- Aloha Special Reduced Rates starting at $149/night
- Swim with dolphins without the crowds!
- Kaanapali Beach Hotel - 3-night Whale Encounter Package from $878
- Save up to 15% on your Maui Vacation Condo!
- Escape the ordinary at the luxurious Hotel Wailea Maui
- $705+ Aston Kaanapali Shores: 3-Night Studio with Air and FREE Midsize Car Rental PLUS kids 17 & younger stay FREE!
- From $975 9 Nights Island Hopping: Oahu, Kauai & Maui w/Air, Hotel & Breakfast. Spend 3 Nights in each island.
- Hilton Hawaii Deals - starting at just $169
- Standard Special From $115 a Night
- From $959 - Island Hopping: Maui & Kauai, 6 Nights w/Air, Hotel, Taxes, Transfers & Daily Breakfast
- Kaanapali Beach Hotel - 4 night Best of the Beach package just $1287
- From $929 - 6 Night Island Hopping: Big Island & Maui w/Air, Hotel & Breakfast. Spend 3 Nights in each island.
- Kaanapali Beach Hotel - 2015 Simply Simple Package for just $757
Hawaiian Airlines: Special Offers