Humpback whales, like all migrating animals, never change their travel plans. When it’s time to go, they go and nothing gets in their way.
So it is that sometime in early autumn, thousands of humpback whales eat their last meal in the northern reaches of thePacific and set out on the long journey to Hawaii. That’s a 3,000-mile trip that will take a couple months to complete traveling at a steady pace of about 2 to 5 mph. There are so many of them that most boat companies don’t hesitate to guarantee sightings. And what a sight these playful, 40-ton creatures are. During humpback whale season, from mid-December to April, an estimated 900,000 travelers take a trip to Maui banking on seeing one.
The Pacific Whale Foundation hosts several events to celebrate and educate about whales.
|Sighting Giants of the Deep||Spot a Humpback from the Shore|
|Take a Whale-Watching Cruise||The Whales are Singing|
|Watch for Whales Year Round||Whale Photography Tips|
- $525+ Hawaii Winter Vacation Sale: 3 nights with air!
- Royal Experience Package at Royal Kona Resort from $229/nt
- Meet a Dolphin Face-to-Face with Dolphin Quest Hawaii
- Save up to 40% plus complimentary breakfast at Starwood Resorts in Hawaii!
- Over 35 Oahu attractions & activities, 1 LOW PRICE! Save up to 55% now!
- From $1,315 - 8 Nt. Oahu & Maui Package w/Air, Hotel, Transfer & Taxes
- Maui Condo/Car packages from as low as $132/day
- The Plantation Inn, Maui's Premier Bed & Breakfast - $196 (save over 20%!)
- Free additional driver with Discount Hawaii Car Rental
- Get a bird's eye view of Haleakala crater! Maui helicopter tours from $149
- $675+ Royal Lahaina Resort: 3 nights w/Air and FREE one-category Hertz Rental Upgrade. PLUS, kids 17 & younger stay FREE.
- Room & Car Package at Royal Lahaina Resort from $204 per night
- Escape the ordinary at the luxurious Hotel Wailea Maui
- Kaanapali Beach Hotel - Best Rate Guarantee!
- 7 Night Romantic Maui Getaway Package from $1764, incl. condo, car, massage, luau, & more!
Hawaiian Airlines: Special Offers