Humpback whales, like all migrating animals, never change their travel plans. When it’s time to go, they go and nothing gets in their way.
So it is that sometime in early autumn, thousands of humpback whales eat their last meal in the northern reaches of thePacific and set out on the long journey to Hawaii. That’s a 3,000-mile trip that will take a couple months to complete traveling at a steady pace of about 2 to 5 mph. There are so many of them that most boat companies don’t hesitate to guarantee sightings. And what a sight these playful, 40-ton creatures are. During humpback whale season, from mid-December to April, an estimated 900,000 travelers take a trip to Maui banking on seeing one.
The Pacific Whale Foundation hosts several events to celebrate and educate about whales.
|Sighting Giants of the Deep||Spot a Humpback from the Shore|
|Take a Whale-Watching Cruise||The Whales are Singing|
|Watch for Whales Year Round||Whale Photography Tips|
- Come be a part of history – VIP access is only the beginning
- $639+ Hawaii January Sale –$100 off + FREE Convertible, SUV or Minivan Rental
- From $1,340 - Big Island + Kauai + Maui Island Hopping Trip: 9 Nights Incl. Air, Transfers, Hotels, Breakfast & Taxes
- Guaranteed cheap car rental rates with national rental companies
- Hilton Hawaii Deals - starting at just $169
- Kaanapali Beach Hotel - 4 night Best of the Beach package just $1385
- Come and be part of history at surfing’s ultimate experience with one of our special package offers. VIP access is only the beginning...
- Luau, dinner cruise, snorkel and more! Book all your activities in one place
- Escape the ordinary at the luxurious Hotel Wailea Maui
- From $1,215 - 9 Nights Island Hopping: Oahu, Kauai & Maui w/Air, Hotel & Breakfast. Spend 3 Nights in each island.
- Free additional driver with Discount Hawaii Car Rental
- Kaanapali Beach Hotel - special rates from just $174!
Hawaiian Airlines: Special Offers