Humpback whales, like all migrating animals, never change their travel plans. When it’s time to go, they go and nothing gets in their way.
So it is that sometime in early autumn, thousands of humpback whales eat their last meal in the northern reaches of thePacific and set out on the long journey to Hawaii. That’s a 3,000-mile trip that will take a couple months to complete traveling at a steady pace of about 2 to 5 mph. There are so many of them that most boat companies don’t hesitate to guarantee sightings. And what a sight these playful, 40-ton creatures are. During humpback whale season, from mid-December to April, an estimated 900,000 travelers take a trip to Maui banking on seeing one.
The Pacific Whale Foundation hosts several events to celebrate and educate about whales.
|Sighting Giants of the Deep||Spot a Humpback from the Shore|
|Take a Whale-Watching Cruise||The Whales are Singing|
|Watch for Whales Year Round||Whale Photography Tips|
- $565+ Hawaii 3-Night Vacations with Air – FREE Hertz mid-size rental!
- Maui Condo/Car packages from as low as $137/day
- Royal Lahaina Experience Pkg with luau, dinner cruise, daily breakfast & more! $335/nt
- Kaanapali Beach Hotel - 5 night Romance Package just $1709
- From $1,403 - Big Island + Kauai + Maui Island Hopping Trip: 9 Nights Incl. Air, Transfers, Hotels, Breakfast & Taxes
- From $1,245 - 9 Nights Island Hopping: Oahu, Kauai & Maui w/Air, Hotel & Breakfast. Spend 3 Nights in each island.
- $719+ Ka'anapali Beach Hotel: 3 nights w/air. Kids 17 & under stay FREE. Includes FREE Hertz mid-size rental, nightly hula show more!
- $855+ The Westin Maui Resort & Spa: 3 Nights with Air. Includes FREE Midsize Hertz rental, breakfast for 2, resort credits & more!
- Royal Lahaina Resort Honeymoon/Anniversary Special - FREE 5"X7" Portrait
- Kaanapali Beach Hotel - 4 night Best of the Beach package just $1385
- From $1,043 - 6 Nights Island Hopping: Big Island & Maui w/Air, Hotel & Breakfast. Spend 3 Nights in each island.
Hawaiian Airlines: Special Offers