Maui Sugar Cane Train
With a blast of its steam whistle, the locomotive chugs along a six-mile stretch of track at a leisurely pace. During your train ride, the Sugar Cane train crosses a 325-foot curved wooden trestle whose elevation yields panoramic views of neighboring islands and the West Maui Mountains.
Duringyour journey, our narrator will entertain you Hawaiian-style and point out sites of interest along the way. From December to April, it is a common sight to spot humpback whales frolicking in our warm Pacific waters
Join them for your next corporate function, family reunion or special wedding ceremony. The Sugar Cane Train's special charter trains and group function facilities provide a unique outdoor atmosphere, and allow for creativity and privacy.
A.W. "Mac" McKelvy, got together with the Makai Corporation and created the Sugar Cane Train In 1969. The line has operated passenger service from Lahaina to Puukolii (just north of Kaanapali) daily for over 30 years. Since 1970, over five million tourists to Maui have ridden the train making it one of West Maui's most popular attractions.
- Meet a Dolphin Face-to-Face with Dolphin Quest Hawaii
- Over 35 Oahu attractions & activities, 1 LOW PRICE! Save up to 55% now!
- Aloha Special Rates at Royal Lahaina Resort from $169/night
- Kaanapali Beach Hotel - 5 night Romance Package just $2095
- $909+ Hawaii Trips w/Air & FREE Convertible, SUV or Minivan
- See the most popular activities on Maui!
- From $1,545 - 9 Nights Island Hopping: Oahu, Kauai & Maui w/Air, Hotel & Breakfast. Spend 3 Nights in each island.
- Take a submarine tour and experience the beauty of Hawaii below the water!
- The Plantation Inn, Maui's Premier Bed & Breakfast - $196 (save over 20%!)
- $1,229+ Grand Wailea: 3 nights w/Air and FREE Hertz Convertible, Minivan, Jeep or SUV! Kids 18 & younger stay FREE.
- From $1377 - Hyatt Hotel in Maui 5-Night Package incl. Airfare, Hyatt Hotel Stay, Breakfast & Taxes
- Kaanapali Beach Hotel - 4 night Best of the Beach package just $1415
- Room & Breakfast Package at Royal Lahaina Resort from $201 per night
- Room & Car Package at Royal Lahaina Resort from $204 per night
- Take a guided kayak tour in Maui's pristine waters.
Hawaiian Airlines: Special Offers