Maui Sugar Cane Train
With a blast of its steam whistle, the locomotive chugs along a six-mile stretch of track at a leisurely pace. During your train ride, the Sugar Cane train crosses a 325-foot curved wooden trestle whose elevation yields panoramic views of neighboring islands and the West Maui Mountains.
Duringyour journey, our narrator will entertain you Hawaiian-style and point out sites of interest along the way. From December to April, it is a common sight to spot humpback whales frolicking in our warm Pacific waters
Join them for your next corporate function, family reunion or special wedding ceremony. The Sugar Cane Train's special charter trains and group function facilities provide a unique outdoor atmosphere, and allow for creativity and privacy.
A.W. "Mac" McKelvy, got together with the Makai Corporation and created the Sugar Cane Train In 1969. The line has operated passenger service from Lahaina to Puukolii (just north of Kaanapali) daily for over 30 years. Since 1970, over five million tourists to Maui have ridden the train making it one of West Maui's most popular attractions.
- Kaanapali Beach Hotel - 3-night Whale Encounter Package from $878
- Aloha Special Reduced Rates starting at $149/night
- Swim with dolphins without the crowds!
- $505+ Hawaii Vacations: 3-Night with Air & FREE Midsize Car Rental
- Kaanapali Beach Hotel - 4 night Best of the Beach package just $1287
- From $875 - Oahu & Maui Island Hopping 6 Nights Incl. Air, Hotel, Transfers & Taxes. Choose your favorite hotel for your stay!
- Royal Lahaina Experience Pkg with luau, dinner cruise, daily breakfast & more! $340/nt
- $505+ Maui 3 nights with Air and Car. Includes FREE Midsize Car Rental.
- From $1,357 - Hyatt Hotel in Maui 5-Night Package incl. Airfare, Hyatt Hotel Stay, Breakfast & Taxes
- Escape the ordinary at the luxurious Hotel Wailea Maui
- Hilton Hawaii Deals - starting at just $169
- From $1,414 - Oahu, Maui, Kona & Hilo 8-Night Self-Drive Package w/Air, Car Rental & Hotels
- From $959 - Island Hopping: Maui & Kauai, 6 Nights w/Air, Hotel, Taxes, Transfers & Daily Breakfast
- $705+ Aston Kaanapali Shores: 3-Night Studio with Air and FREE Midsize Car Rental PLUS kids 17 & younger stay FREE!
Hawaiian Airlines: Special Offers