Maui Sugar Cane Train
With a blast of its steam whistle, the locomotive chugs along a six-mile stretch of track at a leisurely pace. During your train ride, the Sugar Cane train crosses a 325-foot curved wooden trestle whose elevation yields panoramic views of neighboring islands and the West Maui Mountains.
Duringyour journey, our narrator will entertain you Hawaiian-style and point out sites of interest along the way. From December to April, it is a common sight to spot humpback whales frolicking in our warm Pacific waters
Join them for your next corporate function, family reunion or special wedding ceremony. The Sugar Cane Train's special charter trains and group function facilities provide a unique outdoor atmosphere, and allow for creativity and privacy.
A.W. "Mac" McKelvy, got together with the Makai Corporation and created the Sugar Cane Train In 1969. The line has operated passenger service from Lahaina to Puukolii (just north of Kaanapali) daily for over 30 years. Since 1970, over five million tourists to Maui have ridden the train making it one of West Maui's most popular attractions.
- $565+ Hawaii 3-Night Vacations with Air – FREE Hertz mid-size rental!
- Volcano Value Rates at Royal Kona Resort from $129
- Hilton Hawaii Deals - starting at just $169
- From $1,075 - 8 Nt. Oahu & Maui Package w/Air, Hotel, Transfer & Taxes
- Discount Hawaii Car Rental - guaranteed reservations, no deposit, cancel anytime.
- Save 20% when you add breakfast & car to your stay at Royal Lahaina Resort
- Free additional driver with Discount Hawaii Car Rental
- The Plantation Inn, Maui's Premier Bed & Breakfast - $196 (save over 20%!)
- Maui condos from $106! Save 20%!
- $785+ The Westin Maui Resort & Spa: 3 Nights with Air. Includes FREE Midsize Hertz rental, breakfast for 2, resort credits & more!
- From $1,005 - 6 Nights Island Hopping: Big Island & Maui w/Air, Hotel & Breakfast. Spend 3 Nights in each island.
- Escape the ordinary at the luxurious Hotel Wailea Maui
- From $945 - Oahu & Maui Island Hopping 6 Nights Incl. Air, Transfers & Daily Breakfast. Choose your favorite hotel for your stay!
Hawaiian Airlines: Special Offers