Shop at the Saturday Swap
Maui’s reputation as a trendy vacation spot gets a little incoherent when you factor in the immense popularity of its Saturday morning Swap Meet. The swap meet has been humming along for 28 years with about 200 vendors. Earlier this year, it made a big leap and moved to anew location on the Kahului Harbor side of Maui Community College.
The new location is a 4.5-acre site with paved pathways, an entrance ramp for people with disabilities and more than twice as much parking as the old Pu`unene Avenue site near the Kahului Post Office.
The swap meet attracts a mix of locals and visitors who have come to expect a festival-like atmosphere and a wide range of goods. Maui-grown produce like vegetables, fresh taro, flowers, ethnic foods, crafts and household items are part of the draw. Good deals on things that would cost more in island shops are another incentive. So is the possibility that somewhere in all that stuff there’s something you’ve been looking for forever.
Motor vehicle access is via the Maui Community College parking lot entrance at Wahinepio Street, across from the Maui Arts & Cultural Center. The Swap Meet opens at 7 a.m. and continues until 1 p.m. Go early if you want to get a sneak preview. But you’re still going to pay 50 cents to get in.
- Come be a part of history – VIP access is only the beginning
- Free Unlimited Golf in October at Turtle Bay this Golftober.
- $565+ Hawaii 3-Night Vacations with Air – FREE Hertz mid-size rental!
- Save up to 40% off on Top Hotels in Hawaii at Jetsetter.com!
- From $1,245 - 9 Nights Island Hopping: Oahu, Kauai & Maui w/Air, Hotel & Breakfast. Spend 3 Nights in each island.
- Kaanapali Beach Hotel - special rates from just $174!
- The Plantation Inn, Maui's Premier Bed & Breakfast - $196 (save over 20%!)
- Aloha Special Rates at Royal Lahaina Resort from $179 per night
- From $1,006 - Island Hopping: Maui & Kauai, 6 Nights w/Air, Hotel, Transfers & Daily Breakfast
- Save 25% when you add breakfast to your stay at Royal Lahaina Resort
- 3 Night Beauty and the Beach package at Kaanapali Beach Hotel: room, car, massage, breakfast, cabana and more - $942
- From $1,065 - 8 Nt. Oahu & Maui Package w/Air, Hotel, Transfer & Taxes
- Luau, dinner cruise, snorkel and more! Book all your activities in one place
- $719+ Aston Kaanapali Shores: 3 nights w/air. Includes FREE Hertz mid-size rental PLUS kids 17 & under stay, play and eat FREE.
Hawaiian Airlines: Special Offers