Shop at the Saturday Swap
Maui’s reputation as a trendy vacation spot gets a little incoherent when you factor in the immense popularity of its Saturday morning Swap Meet. The swap meet has been humming along for 28 years with about 200 vendors. Earlier this year, it made a big leap and moved to anew location on the Kahului Harbor side of Maui Community College.
The new location is a 4.5-acre site with paved pathways, an entrance ramp for people with disabilities and more than twice as much parking as the old Pu`unene Avenue site near the Kahului Post Office.
The swap meet attracts a mix of locals and visitors who have come to expect a festival-like atmosphere and a wide range of goods. Maui-grown produce like vegetables, fresh taro, flowers, ethnic foods, crafts and household items are part of the draw. Good deals on things that would cost more in island shops are another incentive. So is the possibility that somewhere in all that stuff there’s something you’ve been looking for forever.
Motor vehicle access is via the Maui Community College parking lot entrance at Wahinepio Street, across from the Maui Arts & Cultural Center. The Swap Meet opens at 7 a.m. and continues until 1 p.m. Go early if you want to get a sneak preview. But you’re still going to pay 50 cents to get in.
- $505+ Hawaii Vacations: 3-Night with Air & FREE Midsize Car Rental
- Kaanapali Beach Hotel - 3-night Whale Encounter Package from $878
- Swim with dolphins without the crowds!
- Aloha Special Reduced Rates starting at $149/night
- From $929 - 6 Night Island Hopping: Big Island & Maui w/Air, Hotel & Breakfast. Spend 3 Nights in each island.
- Royal Lahaina Experience Pkg with luau, dinner cruise, daily breakfast & more! $340/nt
- Standard Special From $115 a Night
- $705+ Aston Kaanapali Shores: 3-Night Studio with Air and FREE Midsize Car Rental PLUS kids 17 & younger stay FREE!
- From $1,107 - Big Island + Kauai + Maui Island Hopping Trip: 9 Nights Incl. Air, Transfers, Hotels, Breakfast & Taxes
- Kaanapali Beach Hotel - 2015 Simply Simple Package for just $757
- From $974 8 Nt. Oahu & Maui Package w/Air, Hotel, Transfer, Breakfast & Taxes
- $825+ The Westin Maui Resort & Spa: 3 Nights with Air and FREE Midsize Car Rental, daily breakfast for 2, resort credits & more!
- Escape the ordinary at the luxurious Hotel Wailea Maui
- From $959 - Island Hopping: Maui & Kauai, 6 Nights w/Air, Hotel, Taxes, Transfers & Daily Breakfast
Hawaiian Airlines: Special Offers