Shopping on Maui
It may be surprising to learn that Maui offers shopping which runs the gamut from designer clothing boutiques to farmer’s markets and swap meets. It also boasts a variety of well-designed, customer-friendly shopping centers.
One of the newest is The Shops at
A keystone of the Maui shopping scene is the Queen Ka'ahumanu Center, the largest on the island. Located in Kahului, it is anchored by two major department store chains: Sears and Macy's. There is a movie theater as well as a large selection of shopping opportunities and a food court.
The Maui Marketplace is a value center located on Dairy Road in Kahului. It introduced popular chains like Borders Books & Music and Starbuck's Coffee to the island. Conveniently located, Maui Marketplace is a good shopping stop on the way to the Kahului Airport.
In Kihei, there are at least nine shopping centers, each with a wide selection of gift items and goods for every need. The largest shopping center in Kihei is Azeka's Shopping Center, 1279 & 1280 S. Kihei Rd. There are more than 50 shops and restaurants in the center. Another good stop is Maui Clothing Outlet where you can expect to find great deals on swim suits and other island wear.
Kihei Kalama Village, 1941 S. Kihei Rd., is one of those places where you can get lost wandering through the merchandise. Stalls brimming with clothing, jewelry, gifts and island art are arranged three and four deep from one end of this covered, open-air market to the other. Kalama Village resembles a huge arts and crafts fair with 50 specialty shops offering island treasures at reasonable prices. The place hops in the evening with 13 restaurants, bars and live music.
Whalers Village, on Ka'anapali Beach, features more than 50 shops ranging from local favorites to designer boutiques, as well as fine restaurants, free entertainment and a whale museum. The museum recounts the history of Lahaina's whaling era from 1825 through 1860. A recently refurbished theater features continuously playing whale and ocean-themed movies. One of the movies follows whales as they migrate from Alaska to the Hawaiian Islands and contains some spectacular footage from birthing to adulthood. Admission is free.
Lahaina is wall-to-wall shopping, galleries, restaurants and entertainment in a colorful oceanfront setting that is reminiscent of its days as a rowdy whaling port.
A popular stop in the Lahaina Center is Hilo Hattie, a store known throughout the Islands. You'll be greeted with a free shell lei and refreshments as you set out to browse through a huge collection-the world's largest-of Hawaiian and resort fashions.
The Lahaina Cannery Mall, open daily from 9:30 a.m. to 9 p.m., is Maui's only fully enclosed, air-conditioned shopping complex. There are more than 50 shops, an international food court and ample free parking in the mall. Keiki hula shows are featured Saturday and Sunday at 1 p.m. and Polynesian dancers appear Tuesday and Thursday at 7 p.m. Hawaiian entertainment, cultural events and festivals are featured monthly throughout the year. West Maui Shopping Shuttle provides transportation from major West Maui hotels, resorts and condominiums.
If you're in search of something a little more unique, Paia or Makawao towns are where you'll want to head. They are full of quaint boutiques and wonderful galleries; the perfect place to find something different to bring home.
- From $1,245 - Hyatt Hotel in Maui 5-Night Package incl. Airfare, Hyatt Hotel Stay, Breakfast & Taxes
- $919+ Makena Beach & Golf Resort: 3 nights w/air and FREE Hertz Mid-Size Rental. Includes $100 Resort Credit PLUS kids 17 and younger stay FREE!
- From $1,179 - 6 Nights Island Hopping: Big Island & Maui w/Air, Hotel & Breakfast. Spend 3 Nights in each island.
- Escape the ordinary at the luxurious Hotel Wailea Maui
- Aloha Special Rates at Royal Lahaina Resort from $179 per night
- Maui Condo/Car packages from as low as $137/day
- Discount Hawaii Car Rental - guaranteed reservations, no deposit, cancel anytime.
- Guaranteed cheap car rental rates with national rental companies
- Royal Lahaina Experience Pkg with luau, dinner cruise, daily breakfast & more! $335/nt
- Add a Car to your Maui Condo rental for as low as $17/day!
Hawaiian Airlines: Special Offers
- Kaanapali Beach Hotel - special rates from just $174!
- 50% OFF – 7-Day Maui & Kauai Condo Spring Sale
- $575+ Hawaii Vacations with Air & Car
- Royal Experience Package at Royal Kona Resort from $250/nt
- Swim with dolphins without the crowds!