Most people come to Hawaii with a rudimentary grasp of the language. If you can say aloha, mahalo and luau, you’re in.
Trust us, you’re going to be lost if you’re stumped by the word luau. These food and entertainment fests areas deeply entrenched in Hawaiian culture as tiny Estonia’s century-old song festivals, the Mardi Gras or the perpetual festivals of Bali.
Loosely translated, a luau is a big feast with a lot of singing, dancing and fooling around. Backyard luaus have been part of the culture for centuries. Commercial luaus developed with the tourist trade and have become a major resort attraction.
Since each luau has its unique signature, you might want to ask a few questions before you book a seat, particularly concerning the entertainment, which tends to vary from one luau to the next.
- courtesy of 101 Things To Do
- $669+ Hawaii January Sale –$100 off + FREE Convertible SUV or Minivan Rental
- Free Unlimited Golf in October at Turtle Bay this Golftober.
- Come be a part of history – VIP access is only the beginning
- Grand Wailea, A Waldorf Astoria Resort - $269
- Royal Lahaina Experience Pkg with luau, dinner cruise, daily breakfast & more! $335/nt
- From $1,105 - Hyatt Hotel in Maui 5-Night Package incl. Airfare, Hyatt Hotel Stay, Breakfast & Taxes
- Aloha Special Rates at Royal Lahaina Resort from $179 per night
- Kaanapali Beach Hotel - 4 night Romance Package just $1709
- $575+ Maui 3 nights w/Air. Save up to $100 per Booking!
- From $1,010 - Island Hopping: Maui & Kauai, 6 Nights w/Air, Hotel, Transfers & Daily Breakfast
- $765+ The Westin Maui Resort & Spa: 3 Nights with Air. Includes $100 off, breakfast for 2, resort credits & more!
- From $1,065 - 8 Nt. Oahu & Maui Package w/Air, Hotel, Transfer & Taxes
- Discount Hawaii Car Rental - Jeeps, exotic cars, motorcycles, and more!
Hawaiian Airlines: Special Offers