Most people come to Hawaii with a rudimentary grasp of the language. If you can say aloha, mahalo and luau, you’re in.
Trust us, you’re going to be lost if you’re stumped by the word luau. These food and entertainment fests areas deeply entrenched in Hawaiian culture as tiny Estonia’s century-old song festivals, the Mardi Gras or the perpetual festivals of Bali.
Loosely translated, a luau is a big feast with a lot of singing, dancing and fooling around. Backyard luaus have been part of the culture for centuries. Commercial luaus developed with the tourist trade and have become a major resort attraction.
Since each luau has its unique signature, you might want to ask a few questions before you book a seat, particularly concerning the entertainment, which tends to vary from one luau to the next.
- courtesy of 101 Things To Do
- Come be a part of history – VIP access is only the beginning
- $669+ Hawaii January Sale –$100 off + FREE Convertible SUV or Minivan Rental
- Free Unlimited Golf in October at Turtle Bay this Golftober.
- Guaranteed cheap car rental rates with national rental companies
- Grand Wailea, A Waldorf Astoria Resort - $269
- From $930 - 6 Nights Island Hopping: Big Island & Maui w/Air, Hotel & Breakfast. Spend 3 Nights in each island.
- Hilton Hawaii Deals - starting at just $169
- 3 Night Beauty and the Beach package at Kaanapali Beach Hotel: room, car, massage, breakfast, cabana and more - $942
- Come and be part of history at surfing’s ultimate experience with one of our special package offers. VIP access is only the beginning...
- Free Unlimited Golf in October for guests of Turtle Bay - Play as many rounds as you want on either of our championship courses!
- From $1,340 - Big Island + Kauai + Maui Island Hopping Trip: 9 Nights Incl. Air, Transfers, Hotels, Breakfast & Taxes
- Save up to 50% on your car rental with major USA car companies - Discount Hawaii Car Rental
- Escape the ordinary at the luxurious Hotel Wailea Maui
Hawaiian Airlines: Special Offers