Most people come to Hawaii with a rudimentary grasp of the language. If you can say aloha, mahalo and luau, you’re in.
Trust us, you’re going to be lost if you’re stumped by the word luau. These food and entertainment fests areas deeply entrenched in Hawaiian culture as tiny Estonia’s century-old song festivals, the Mardi Gras or the perpetual festivals of Bali.
Loosely translated, a luau is a big feast with a lot of singing, dancing and fooling around. Backyard luaus have been part of the culture for centuries. Commercial luaus developed with the tourist trade and have become a major resort attraction.
Since each luau has its unique signature, you might want to ask a few questions before you book a seat, particularly concerning the entertainment, which tends to vary from one luau to the next.
- courtesy of 101 Things To Do
- Come be a part of history – VIP access is only the beginning
- $639+ Hawaii January Sale –$100 off + FREE Convertible, SUV or Minivan Rental
- From $930 - 6 Nights Island Hopping: Big Island & Maui w/Air, Hotel & Breakfast. Spend 3 Nights in each island.
- $675+ Aston Kaanapali Shores: 3-night Studio with Air. Includes $100 off PLUS kids 12 and younger stay, play and eat FREE.
- The Plantation Inn, Maui's Premier Bed & Breakfast - $196 (save over 20%!)
- Guaranteed cheap car rental rates with national rental companies
- From $1,105 - Hyatt Hotel in Maui 5-Night Package incl. Airfare, Hyatt Hotel Stay, Breakfast & Taxes
- $675+ Maui January Sale: Get $100 off + FREE Convertible, SUV or Minivan Rental
- From $968 - Island Hopping: Maui & Kauai, 6 Nights w/Air, Hotel, Transfers & Daily Breakfast
- Save 20% on your Maui Vacation Condo!
- Kaanapali Beach Hotel - special rates from just $174!
- Escape the ordinary at the luxurious Hotel Wailea Maui
Hawaiian Airlines: Special Offers