Most people come to Hawaii with a rudimentary grasp of the language. If you can say aloha, mahalo and luau, you’re in.
Trust us, you’re going to be lost if you’re stumped by the word luau. These food and entertainment fests areas deeply entrenched in Hawaiian culture as tiny Estonia’s century-old song festivals, the Mardi Gras or the perpetual festivals of Bali.
Loosely translated, a luau is a big feast with a lot of singing, dancing and fooling around. Backyard luaus have been part of the culture for centuries. Commercial luaus developed with the tourist trade and have become a major resort attraction.
Since each luau has its unique signature, you might want to ask a few questions before you book a seat, particularly concerning the entertainment, which tends to vary from one luau to the next.
- courtesy of 101 Things To Do
- Come be a part of history – VIP access is only the beginning
- $565+ Hawaii 3-Night Vacations with Air – FREE Hertz mid-size rental!
- Free Unlimited Golf in October at Turtle Bay this Golftober.
- Aloha Special Rates at Royal Lahaina Resort from $179 per night
- Escape the ordinary at the luxurious Hotel Wailea Maui
- Discount Hawaii Car Rental - Jeeps, exotic cars, motorcycles, and more!
- From $1,043 - 6 Nights Island Hopping: Big Island & Maui w/Air, Hotel & Breakfast. Spend 3 Nights in each island.
- Royal Lahaina Resort Honeymoon/Anniversary Special - FREE 5"X7" Portrait
- Save 20% on your Maui Vacation Condo!
- Save 20% when you add breakfast & car to your stay at Royal Lahaina Resort
- From $1,245 - 9 Nights Island Hopping: Oahu, Kauai & Maui w/Air, Hotel & Breakfast. Spend 3 Nights in each island.
- The Plantation Inn, Maui's Premier Bed & Breakfast - $196 (save over 20%!)
- From $1,105 - Hyatt Hotel in Maui 5-Night Package incl. Airfare, Hyatt Hotel Stay, Breakfast & Taxes
Hawaiian Airlines: Special Offers