You will never forget the experience of meeting dolphins in Hawaii. These fascinating and playful creatures are often seen skimming the surface of the ocean, spinning and leaping. There are places in Hawaii where you can meet dolphins and even swim with them.
At a dolphin encounter facility,guests can become acquainted with the dolphins in shallow waters, while experts share information about these animals and the environmental issues affecting them in the wild.
Booking a snorkel cruise is another way to come in contact with pods of dolphins. Some companies conduct open ocean personalized wild life adventures with dolphins.
Dolphins are protected by the Marine Mammal Protection Act which states humans and vessels maintain a distance of at least 50 yards. Dolphins may approach humans, but it is against the law to approach, chase, surround, touch or swim with them.
Hawaii is home to eight different species of dolphin but the most famous and instantly recognizable are the bottlenose. Atlantic Bottlenose dolphins can reach up to 10 feet in length and are easily identified by their rounded forehead, or melon, and amicable expression. Usually seen in small groups or singly, they spend most of their time in the channels between the islands but will sometimes approach passing boats.
- Touch, swim with, or even KISS a dolphin!
- Kaanapali Beach Hotel - 4 night Best of the Beach package just $1385
- Kaanapali Beach Hotel - 4-night Romance Package just $1709
- SAVE Manta Ray Snorkel or World’s Only Glass Bottom Manta Watch @ BlueSeaCruisesInc.com 2 Manta tours
- Over 35 Oahu attractions & activities, 1 LOW PRICE! Save up to 55% now!
- $609+ Hawaii Vacations with Air and FREE rental car or transfers
- Kaanapali Beach Hotel - 5 night Romance Package just $1709
- Guaranteed cheap car rental rates with national rental companies
- Save 25% when you add breakfast to your stay at Royal Lahaina Resort
- From $1,029 - Oahu & Maui Island Hopping 6 Nights Incl. Air, Transfers & Daily Breakfast. Choose your favorite hotel for your stay!
- From $1,549 - Big Island + Kauai + Maui Island Hopping Trip: 9 Nights Incl. Air, Transfers, Hotels, Breakfast & Taxes
- Catch of the Day Special at Kaanapali Beach Hotel just $99/per person daily
- Escape the ordinary at the luxurious Hotel Wailea Maui
- Courtyard Marriott - Get 20% Off* when you book and pay at least 14 days in advance! Book Early, Save Big.
- Royal Lahaina Resort Honeymoon/Anniversary Special - FREE 5"X7" Portrait
- Save 20% when you add breakfast & car to your stay at Royal Lahaina Resort
Hawaiian Airlines: Special Offers