You will never forget the experience of meeting dolphins in Hawaii. These fascinating and playful creatures are often seen skimming the surface of the ocean, spinning and leaping. There are places in Hawaii where you can meet dolphins and even swim with them.
At a dolphin encounter facility,guests can become acquainted with the dolphins in shallow waters, while experts share information about these animals and the environmental issues affecting them in the wild.
Booking a snorkel cruise is another way to come in contact with pods of dolphins. Some companies conduct open ocean personalized wild life adventures with dolphins.
Dolphins are protected by the Marine Mammal Protection Act which states humans and vessels maintain a distance of at least 50 yards. Dolphins may approach humans, but it is against the law to approach, chase, surround, touch or swim with them.
Hawaii is home to eight different species of dolphin but the most famous and instantly recognizable are the bottlenose. Atlantic Bottlenose dolphins can reach up to 10 feet in length and are easily identified by their rounded forehead, or melon, and amicable expression. Usually seen in small groups or singly, they spend most of their time in the channels between the islands but will sometimes approach passing boats.
CLICK HERE to check out pictures!
- Aloha Special Reduced Rates starting at $149/night
- Swim with dolphins without the crowds!
- Kaanapali Beach Hotel - 4 night Best of the Beach package just $1385
- Save up to 50% on your car rental with major USA car companies - Discount Hawaii Car Rental
- Grand Wailea, A Waldorf Astoria Resort - $269
- Free additional driver with Discount Hawaii Car Rental
- Escape the ordinary at the luxurious Hotel Wailea Maui
- Kaanapali Beach Hotel - 4 night Best of the Beach package just $1287
- Royal Lahaina Experience Pkg with luau, dinner cruise, daily breakfast & more! $340/nt
- From $1,049 - Big Island + Kauai + Maui Island Hopping Trip: 9 Nights Incl. Air, Transfers, Hotels, Breakfast & Taxes
- From $909 - 6 Night Island Hopping: Big Island & Maui w/Air, Hotel & Breakfast. Spend 3 Nights in each island.
- Hilton Hawaii Deals - starting at just $169
- $839+ The Westin Maui Resort & Spa: 3 Nights with air and car. Includes FREE Convertible or Luxury Car Rental, daily breakfast for 2, resort credits & more!
- From $915 - Island Hopping: Maui & Kauai, 6 Nights w/Air, Hotel, Taxes, Transfers & Daily Breakfast
Hawaiian Airlines: Special Offers