Planning Your Vacation
Discover why the six Islands of Aloha are home to treasures unlike any other on earth: The dramatic cliffs of the Napali Coast on Kauai. The vibrant shores of Waikiki Beach on Oahu. The miles of white sands of Papohaku Beach on Molokai. The dolphin friendly waters of Hulopoe Bayon Lanai. The summit of Haleakala on Maui. The primal energy of Hawaii Volcanoes National Park on Hawaii's Big Island. It won’t be easy choosing which island to visit on your trip to Hawaii, but you’ll find there are no wrong answers.
You’ll likely begin your adventure at Honolulu International Airport (HNL) on Oahu. This is Hawaii's major airport, serving as the entry point for most of Hawaii's visitors. All major domestic carriers and many international carriers serve Oahu, so you can get here from just about anywhere. There are also direct flights from the U.S. mainland to Maui, Kauai, and Hawaii's Big Island, but for the most part, you may need to connect through Oahu to get to the neighbor islands including Lanai and Molokai.
Then breathe deep. Smell the fresh plumeria in the air. Visit the historic landmarks of Hawaii and learn about the rich culture of the islands. Explore off-the-beaten-path destinations, from hidden beaches to small towns that you won’t find on a postcard. Learn to surf, snorkel or kayak and earn your Hawaii suntan. And don’t forget to go to an authentic luau where you can get a taste of Hawaiian culture and watch the art of the hula.
You’ll find the itineraries in Hawaii are endless. From romantic escapades to family fun; from whale watching to walking on a volcano; you can do it all or you can simply sit back and do nothing. Explore Hawaii’s six unique islands and you’re sure to find your first trip to Hawaii won’t be your last.
And if you're looking for some help with deciding which island to visit, be sure to check out our Hawaii.com Paradise Tool. Just answer a few questions about what you're looking for in your Hawaiian vacation and it will recommend which island would be the best fit for you!
- Free additional driver with Discount Hawaii Car Rental
- Discount Hawaii Car Rental - Jeeps, exotic cars, motorcycles, and more!
- Kaanapali Beach Hotel - special rates from just $174!
- Grand Wailea, A Waldorf Astoria Resort - $269
- From $899 - Oahu & Maui Island Hopping 6 Nights Incl. Air, Transfers & Daily Breakfast. Choose your favorite hotel for your stay!
- Escape the ordinary at the luxurious Hotel Wailea Maui
- Save 20% when you add breakfast & car to your stay at Royal Lahaina Resort
- Come and be part of history at surfing’s ultimate experience with one of our special package offers. VIP access is only the beginning...
- Save 25% when you add breakfast to your stay at Royal Lahaina Resort
- From $1,049 - 8 Nt. Oahu & Maui Package w/Air, Hotel, Transfer & Taxes
Hawaiian Airlines: Special Offers
- Volcano Value Rates at Royal Kona Resort from $129
- Kaanapali Beach Hotel - 4 night Best of the Beach package just $1385
- Hawaii 3 nights w/ Air – FREE fullsize Car PLUS save up to $100!
- Come be a part of history – VIP access is only the beginning