As you begin your drive to Hana, you'll discover the historic town of Paia on Maui's north coast. This hospitable village was once a booming plantation town during the heyday of Maui's sugar cane industry. Today, Paia is a picturesque town of colorful residents thanks to an influx of refugeesfrom the hippie movement in the continental United States in the 70s. A decade later, the town became the focal point of an ongoing windsurfing boom, drawing board sailors from around the planet to the perfect conditions of Ho'okipa Beach, located just east of town.
Take a walk down Pa'ia town's two main blocks today and you'll find a vast array of antique and souvenir shops, fine art galleries, casual clothing stores and low-key eateries (with lots of vegetarian fare), all housed in turn-of-the-century plantation storefronts painted with a color palate that would make the brightest reef fish go green with envy.
- $565+ Hawaii 3-Night Vacations with Air – FREE Hertz mid-size rental!
- Be front row at Pipe! Enter here to win a trip to the North Shore with the ASP.
- Enter here to win the ultimate Hawaiian surf trip to the Vans Triple Crown of Surfing and be front row at Pipe!
- $855+ The Westin Maui Resort & Spa: 3 Nights with Air. Includes FREE Midsize Hertz rental, breakfast for 2, resort credits & more!
- Luau, dinner cruise, snorkel and more! Book all your activities in one place
- Kaanapali Beach Hotel - 5 night Romance Package just $1709
- Discount Hawaii Car Rental - Jeeps, exotic cars, motorcycles, and more!
- $569+ Maui 3 nights w/Air. Includes FREE Hertz mid-size rental!
- Save 25% when you add breakfast to your stay at Royal Lahaina Resort
- Hilton Hawaii Deals - starting at just $169
- From $1,043 - 6 Nights Island Hopping: Big Island & Maui w/Air, Hotel & Breakfast. Spend 3 Nights in each island.
- Guaranteed cheap car rental rates with national rental companies
Hawaiian Airlines: Special Offers