Away from the beaches and sprawling resorts of Maui sits the town of Makawao. This Upcountry community is located on the midslopes of Mount Haleakala and is known for rustic charm, small town atmosphere and its paniolos (Hawaiian coyboys.)
A day in Makawao is stepping into a simplertime, with small shops and diners still operated by the families who started them decades later. Eclectic boutiques, art galleries and even wellness centers await those visiting this historic enclave.
Where there are cattle ranches there are bound to be rodeos and Makawao hosts a Fourth of July event with parade, contests and other festivities.
- Free Unlimited Golf in October at Turtle Bay this Golftober.
- Save up to 40% off on Top Hotels in Hawaii at Jetsetter.com!
- Come be a part of history – VIP access is only the beginning
- $565+ Hawaii 3-Night Vacations with Air – FREE Hertz mid-size rental!
- Grand Wailea, A Waldorf Astoria Resort - $269
- The Plantation Inn, Maui's Premier Bed & Breakfast - $196 (save over 20%!)
- Discount Hawaii Car Rental - guaranteed reservations, no deposit, cancel anytime.
- Royal Lahaina Experience Pkg with luau, dinner cruise, daily breakfast & more! $335/nt
- Kaanapali Beach Hotel - 4 night Romance Package just $1709
- From $1,245 - 9 Nights Island Hopping: Oahu, Kauai & Maui w/Air, Hotel & Breakfast. Spend 3 Nights in each island.
- 3 Night Beauty and the Beach package at Kaanapali Beach Hotel: room, car, massage, breakfast, cabana and more - $942
- Hilton Hawaii Deals - starting at just $169
- From $1,403 - Big Island + Kauai + Maui Island Hopping Trip: 9 Nights Incl. Air, Transfers, Hotels, Breakfast & Taxes
- Maui Condo/Car packages from as low as $137/day
Hawaiian Airlines: Special Offers