In the case of Hana, the journey may be as important as the destination. With giant waterfalls, artist hamlets and rainbows along the way, make it a day trip and stop for picnic supplies in Pa'ia. The infamous Road to Hana is curvy and minimally maintained. Guided tours are available,and letting someone else do the driving has its rewards. Being able to take in the gorgeous sights in comfort and style allows everyone to enjoy the trip without the worry of the road.
Explore this heavenly, undeveloped town by foot, taking special notice of its steepled churches. Take a swim and sunbathe at Hana Beach Park and snorkel at Waianapanapa State Park, a beautiful black sand beach. See a red sand beach after a hike to the secret and isolated Kaihalulu Beach. Or hike to the 400 foot Waimoku Falls through the Bamboo Forrest.
Hana Bay is a family gathering place for local residents on the weekend. It is the perfect spot for picnics and water activities such as outrigger canoe races. About nine miles beyond Hana at Haleakala National Park in Kipahulu are the popular pools of Oheo Gulch.
Thank goodness development of this isolated town has been limited so visitors can enjoy a truer sense of Hawaii.
- Come be a part of history – VIP access is only the beginning
- $639+ Hawaii January Sale –$100 off + FREE Convertible, SUV or Minivan Rental
- Grand Wailea, A Waldorf Astoria Resort - $269
- From $968 - Island Hopping: Maui & Kauai, 6 Nights w/Air, Hotel, Transfers & Daily Breakfast
- Discount Hawaii Car Rental - guaranteed reservations, no deposit, cancel anytime.
- Save 20% on your Maui Vacation Condo!
- Luau, dinner cruise, snorkel and more! Book all your activities in one place
- From $895 - Oahu & Maui Island Hopping 6 Nights Incl. Air, Transfers & Daily Breakfast. Choose your favorite hotel for your stay!
- $619+ Maui 3 nights w/Air. Save up to $100 per Booking!
- Royal Lahaina Resort Honeymoon/Anniversary Special - FREE 5"X7" Portrait
- Guaranteed cheap car rental rates with national rental companies
- Aloha Special Rates at Royal Lahaina Resort from $179 per night
Hawaiian Airlines: Special Offers