This volcano—called "House of the Sun" by early Hawaiians—has not erupted for more than 200 years. Haleakala, a massive shield volcano that rises 10,023 feet above Maui's coastal areas, is an enormously popular and easily accessible visitor destination. It has become almost a ritual, in fact, for visitorsto rise before dawn and trek to the mountaintop to watch the sun come up.
Haleakala National Park is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week and offers plenty of alternatives to a sunrise vigil in a shoulder-to-shoulder crowd. Activities like hiking, horseback riding, and guided nature tours are available in the park.
Within the park is the starting point for the Pipiwai Trail. The trail follows the stream that feeds Oheo Gulch and ends overlooking Waimoku Falls, which cascade down 400 feet.
- Na Pali Coast, Waimea Canyon, and "Jurassic Park Falls" views with Blue Hawaiian Helicopters!
- $785+ Hawaii Trips w/Air & FREE Convertible, SUV or Minivan
- Over 35 Oahu attractions & activities, 1 LOW PRICE! Save up to 55% now!
- Secluded Maui beach resort, free car, dining credits & more
- 5th Night FREE at Maui and Kauai condos. Book Now!
- From $1,375 - 9 Nights Island Hopping: Oahu, Kauai & Maui w/Air, Hotel & Breakfast. Spend 3 Nights in each island.
- Spot a Dolphin! Hop on a Maui Dolphin Watch.
- Take a submarine tour and experience the beauty of Hawaii below the water!
- Room, Breakfast, & Car Package at Royal Lahaina Resort from $224 per night
- Haleakala crater, Hana waterfalls, Iao Valley views with Blue Hawaiian Helicopters!
- You must do a LUAU! Fire knife dancers, hula dancers, mai tais, lots of food, and more! Pick one here.
- Kaanapali Beach Hotel - 5 night Romance Package just $2095
- Save 25% on your Maui Condo when you add a car to your reservation!
- 7 Night Romantic Maui Getaway Package from $1764, incl. condo, car, massage, luau, & more!
- From $1,129 - Island Hopping: Maui & Kauai, 6 Nights w/Air, Hotel, Transfers & Daily Breakfast
Hawaiian Airlines: Special Offers