This volcano—called "House of the Sun" by early Hawaiians—has not erupted for more than 200 years. Haleakala, a massive shield volcano that rises 10,023 feet above Maui's coastal areas, is an enormously popular and easily accessible visitor destination. It has become almost a ritual, in fact, for visitorsto rise before dawn and trek to the mountaintop to watch the sun come up.
Haleakala National Park is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week and offers plenty of alternatives to a sunrise vigil in a shoulder-to-shoulder crowd. Activities like hiking, horseback riding, and guided nature tours are available in the park.
Within the park is the starting point for the Pipiwai Trail. The trail follows the stream that feeds Oheo Gulch and ends overlooking Waimoku Falls, which cascade down 400 feet.
- Come be a part of history – VIP access is only the beginning
- $669+ Hawaii January Sale –$100 off + FREE Convertible SUV or Minivan Rental
- Free Unlimited Golf in October at Turtle Bay this Golftober.
- Save up to 50% on your car rental with major USA car companies - Discount Hawaii Car Rental
- Royal Lahaina Experience Pkg with luau, dinner cruise, daily breakfast & more! $335/nt
- Guaranteed cheap car rental rates with national rental companies
- From $1,350 - 9 Nights Island Hopping: Oahu, Kauai & Maui w/Air, Hotel & Breakfast. Spend 3 Nights in each island.
- From $1,010 - Island Hopping: Maui & Kauai, 6 Nights w/Air, Hotel, Transfers & Daily Breakfast
- Free additional driver with Discount Hawaii Car Rental
- 3 Night Beauty and the Beach package at Kaanapali Beach Hotel: room, car, massage, breakfast, cabana and more - $942
- Kaanapali Beach Hotel - 4 night Best of the Beach package just $1385
- $785+ Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa: 3 nights w/air. Includes $100 off PLUS kids 17 and younger stay FREE.
- Discount Hawaii Car Rental - guaranteed reservations, no deposit, cancel anytime.
Hawaiian Airlines: Special Offers