This volcano—called "House of the Sun" by early Hawaiians—has not erupted for more than 200 years. Haleakala, a massive shield volcano that rises 10,023 feet above Maui's coastal areas, is an enormously popular and easily accessible visitor destination. It has become almost a ritual, in fact, for visitorsto rise before dawn and trek to the mountaintop to watch the sun come up.
Haleakala National Park is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week and offers plenty of alternatives to a sunrise vigil in a shoulder-to-shoulder crowd. Activities like hiking, horseback riding, and guided nature tours are available in the park.
Within the park is the starting point for the Pipiwai Trail. The trail follows the stream that feeds Oheo Gulch and ends overlooking Waimoku Falls, which cascade down 400 feet.
- Kaanapali Beach Hotel - 4-night Romance Package just $1709
- Come be a part of history – VIP access is only the beginning
- Be front row at Pipe! Enter here to win a trip to the North Shore with the ASP.
- Kaanapali Beach Hotel - 4 night Best of the Beach package just $1385
- Free Unlimited Golf in October at Turtle Bay this Golftober.
- $565+ Hawaii 3-Night Vacations with Air – FREE Hertz mid-size rental!
- From $1,403 - Big Island + Kauai + Maui Island Hopping Trip: 9 Nights Incl. Air, Transfers, Hotels, Breakfast & Taxes
- Discount Hawaii Car Rental - Jeeps, exotic cars, motorcycles, and more!
- Royal Lahaina Experience Pkg with luau, dinner cruise, daily breakfast & more! $335/nt
- Come and be part of history at surfing’s ultimate experience with one of our special package offers. VIP access is only the beginning...
- From $1,105 - Hyatt Hotel in Maui 5-Night Package incl. Airfare, Hyatt Hotel Stay, Breakfast & Taxes
- Save 20% on your Maui Vacation Condo!
- Maui Condo/Car packages from as low as $137/day
- Free additional driver with Discount Hawaii Car Rental
- Kaanapali Beach Hotel - special rates from just $174!
- Save 20% when you add breakfast & car to your stay at Royal Lahaina Resort
Hawaiian Airlines: Special Offers