This volcano—called "House of the Sun" by early Hawaiians—has not erupted for more than 200 years. Haleakala, a massive shield volcano that rises 10,023 feet above Maui's coastal areas, is an enormously popular and easily accessible visitor destination. It has become almost a ritual, in fact, for visitorsto rise before dawn and trek to the mountaintop to watch the sun come up.
Haleakala National Park is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week and offers plenty of alternatives to a sunrise vigil in a shoulder-to-shoulder crowd. Activities like hiking, horseback riding, and guided nature tours are available in the park.
Within the park is the starting point for the Pipiwai Trail. The trail follows the stream that feeds Oheo Gulch and ends overlooking Waimoku Falls, which cascade down 400 feet.
- Volcano Value Rates at Royal Kona Resort from $129
- Kaanapali Beach Hotel - 4 night Best of the Beach package just $1385
- $765+ The Westin Maui Resort & Spa: Includes $100 off, breakfast & more!
- Come be a part of history – VIP access is only the beginning
- The Plantation Inn, Maui's Premier Bed & Breakfast - $196 (save over 20%!)
- $795+ Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa: 3 nights with air. Includes $100 off PLUS kids 17 and younger stay FREE!
- Kaanapali Beach Hotel - special rates from just $174!
- Discount Hawaii Car Rental - Jeeps, exotic cars, motorcycles, and more!
- Save up to 50% on your car rental with major USA car companies - Discount Hawaii Car Rental
- Save 25% when you add breakfast to your stay at Royal Lahaina Resort
- From $935 - 6 Nights Island Hopping: Big Island & Maui w/Air, Hotel & Breakfast. Spend 3 Nights in each island.
- Come and be part of history at surfing’s ultimate experience with one of our special package offers. VIP access is only the beginning...
- Save 20% when you add breakfast & car to your stay at Royal Lahaina Resort
- Free additional driver with Discount Hawaii Car Rental
Hawaiian Airlines: Special Offers