This volcano—called "House of the Sun" by early Hawaiians—has not erupted for more than 200 years. Haleakala, a massive shield volcano that rises 10,023 feet above Maui's coastal areas, is an enormously popular and easily accessible visitor destination. It has become almost a ritual, in fact, for visitorsto rise before dawn and trek to the mountaintop to watch the sun come up.
Haleakala National Park is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week and offers plenty of alternatives to a sunrise vigil in a shoulder-to-shoulder crowd. Activities like hiking, horseback riding, and guided nature tours are available in the park.
Within the park is the starting point for the Pipiwai Trail. The trail follows the stream that feeds Oheo Gulch and ends overlooking Waimoku Falls, which cascade down 400 feet.
- Come be a part of history – VIP access is only the beginning
- $639+ Hawaii January Sale –$100 off + FREE Convertible, SUV or Minivan Rental
- 3 Night Beauty and the Beach package at Kaanapali Beach Hotel: room, car, massage, breakfast, cabana and more - $942
- Kaanapali Beach Hotel - 4 night Romance Package just $1709
- Hilton Hawaii Deals - starting at just $169
- Free additional driver with Discount Hawaii Car Rental
- Escape the ordinary at the luxurious Hotel Wailea Maui
- Aloha Special Rates at Royal Lahaina Resort from $179 per night
- Guaranteed cheap car rental rates with national rental companies
- Save 25% when you add breakfast to your stay at Royal Lahaina Resort
- Luau, dinner cruise, snorkel and more! Book all your activities in one place
- Come and be part of history at surfing’s ultimate experience with one of our special package offers. VIP access is only the beginning...
Hawaiian Airlines: Special Offers