This volcano—called "House of the Sun" by early Hawaiians—has not erupted for more than 200 years. Haleakala, a massive shield volcano that rises 10,023 feet above Maui's coastal areas, is an enormously popular and easily accessible visitor destination. It has become almost a ritual, in fact, for visitorsto rise before dawn and trek to the mountaintop to watch the sun come up.
Haleakala National Park is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week and offers plenty of alternatives to a sunrise vigil in a shoulder-to-shoulder crowd. Activities like hiking, horseback riding, and guided nature tours are available in the park.
Within the park is the starting point for the Pipiwai Trail. The trail follows the stream that feeds Oheo Gulch and ends overlooking Waimoku Falls, which cascade down 400 feet.
- $669+ Hawaii January Sale –$100 off + FREE Convertible SUV or Minivan Rental
- Free Unlimited Golf in October at Turtle Bay this Golftober.
- Come be a part of history – VIP access is only the beginning
- Kaanapali Beach Hotel - 4 night Romance Package just $1709
- Royal Lahaina Experience Pkg with luau, dinner cruise, daily breakfast & more! $335/nt
- Aloha Special Rates at Royal Lahaina Resort from $179 per night
- Hilton Hawaii Deals - starting at just $169
- Escape the ordinary at the luxurious Hotel Wailea Maui
- $575+ Maui 3 nights w/Air. Save up to $100 per Booking!
- The Plantation Inn, Maui's Premier Bed & Breakfast - $196 (save over 20%!)
- From $1,340 - Big Island + Kauai + Maui Island Hopping Trip: 9 Nights Incl. Air, Transfers, Hotels, Breakfast & Taxes
- Free additional driver with Discount Hawaii Car Rental
- Discount Hawaii Car Rental - Jeeps, exotic cars, motorcycles, and more!
Hawaiian Airlines: Special Offers