This volcano—called "House of the Sun" by early Hawaiians—has not erupted for more than 200 years. Haleakala, a massive shield volcano that rises 10,023 feet above Maui's coastal areas, is an enormously popular and easily accessible visitor destination. It has become almost a ritual, in fact, for visitorsto rise before dawn and trek to the mountaintop to watch the sun come up.
Haleakala National Park is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week and offers plenty of alternatives to a sunrise vigil in a shoulder-to-shoulder crowd. Activities like hiking, horseback riding, and guided nature tours are available in the park.
Within the park is the starting point for the Pipiwai Trail. The trail follows the stream that feeds Oheo Gulch and ends overlooking Waimoku Falls, which cascade down 400 feet.
- Kaanapali Beach Hotel - 3-night Whale Encounter Package from $878
- Aloha Special Reduced Rates starting at $149/night
- Swim with dolphins without the crowds!
- Save up to 50% on your car rental with major USA car companies - Discount Hawaii Car Rental
- $535+ Hawaii Vacations: 3-Night with Air & FREE Midsize Car Rental
- $855+ The Westin Maui Resort & Spa: 3 Nights with Air and FREE Midsize Car Rental, daily breakfast for 2, resort credits & more!
- From $915 8 Nt. Oahu & Maui Package w/Air, Hotel, Transfer, Breakfast & Taxes
- Standard Special From $115 a Night
- From $779 - Oahu & Maui Island Hopping 6 Nights Incl. Air, Hotel, Transfers & Taxes. Choose your favorite hotel for your stay!
- From $929 9 Nights Island Hopping: Oahu, Kauai & Maui w/Air, Hotel & Breakfast. Spend 3 Nights in each island.
- $719+ Royal Lahaina Resort: 3 Nights with Air and FREE Midsize Car Rental PLUS kids 17 & younger stay FREE!
- Grand Wailea, A Waldorf Astoria Resort - $269
- From $839 - Island Hopping: Maui & Kauai, 6 Nights w/Air, Hotel, Taxes, Transfers & Daily Breakfast
- Escape the ordinary at the luxurious Hotel Wailea Maui
- Save up to 15% on your Maui Vacation Condo!
Hawaiian Airlines: Special Offers