This volcano—called "House of the Sun" by early Hawaiians—has not erupted for more than 200 years. Haleakala, a massive shield volcano that rises 10,023 feet above Maui's coastal areas, is an enormously popular and easily accessible visitor destination. It has become almost a ritual, in fact, for visitorsto rise before dawn and trek to the mountaintop to watch the sun come up.
Haleakala National Park is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week and offers plenty of alternatives to a sunrise vigil in a shoulder-to-shoulder crowd. Activities like hiking, horseback riding, and guided nature tours are available in the park.
Within the park is the starting point for the Pipiwai Trail. The trail follows the stream that feeds Oheo Gulch and ends overlooking Waimoku Falls, which cascade down 400 feet.
- Swim with dolphins without the crowds!
- $615+ Hawaii 5-Night Vacations with Air & Car: Includes $500 Air Credit per Booking!
- Kaanapali Beach Hotel - 4 night Best of the Beach package just $1385
- Escape the ordinary at the luxurious Hotel Wailea Maui
- Kaanapali Beach Hotel - 5 night Romance Package just $1709
- Save up to 50% on your car rental with major USA car companies - Discount Hawaii Car Rental
- $619+ Maui 5 nights w/Air & Car. Includes $500 Air Credit per Booking!
- From $1,355 - Big Island + Kauai + Maui Island Hopping Trip: 9 Nights Incl. Air, Transfers, Hotels, Breakfast & Taxes
- From $985 - 6 Nights Island Hopping: Big Island & Maui w/Air, Hotel & Breakfast. Spend 3 Nights in each island.
- $885+ Honua Kai Resort & Spa: 3-night 1 BR Condo with air. Includes FREE Hertz mid-size rental PLUS Kids 17 & younger stay FREE!
- The Plantation Inn, Maui's Premier Bed & Breakfast - $196 (save over 20%!)
- Aloha Special Rates at Royal Lahaina Resort from $179 per night
- Maui condos from $106! Save 20%!
Hawaiian Airlines: Special Offers