This volcano—called "House of the Sun" by early Hawaiians—has not erupted for more than 200 years. Haleakala, a massive shield volcano that rises 10,023 feet above Maui's coastal areas, is an enormously popular and easily accessible visitor destination. It has become almost a ritual, in fact, for visitorsto rise before dawn and trek to the mountaintop to watch the sun come up.
Haleakala National Park is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week and offers plenty of alternatives to a sunrise vigil in a shoulder-to-shoulder crowd. Activities like hiking, horseback riding, and guided nature tours are available in the park.
Within the park is the starting point for the Pipiwai Trail. The trail follows the stream that feeds Oheo Gulch and ends overlooking Waimoku Falls, which cascade down 400 feet.
- Na Pali Coast, Waimea Canyon, and 'Jurassic Park Falls' views with Blue Hawaiian Helicopters!
- Save up to 40% plus complimentary breakfast at Starwood Resorts in Hawaii!
- Over 35 Oahu attractions & activities, 1 LOW PRICE! Save up to 55% now!
- Kaanapali Beach Hotel - 4-night Romance Package just $1709
- $539+ Hawaii Winter Vacation Sale: 3 nights with air!
- Soar over the Maui coast on a Parasailing adventure.
- Discount Hawaii Car Rental - Jeeps, exotic cars, motorcycles, and more!
- From $1,315 - 8 Nt. Oahu & Maui Package w/Air, Hotel, Transfer & Taxes
- Spot a Dolphin! Hop on a Maui Dolphin Watch.
- Room, Breakfast, & Car Package at Royal Lahaina Resort from $224 per night
- $749+ Royal Lahaina Resort: 3 nights w/Air and FREE one-category Hertz Rental Upgrade. PLUS, kids 17 & younger stay FREE.
- Winter whale of a deal! Save 15% on your Maui condo
- Royal Experience Package at Royal Lahaina Resort from $318/nt
- Honeymoon/Anniversary Special at Royal Lahaina Resort - FREE Portrait
- Add a little adventure to your vacation - Maui Zipline Tours
Hawaiian Airlines: Special Offers