Finalist Entry - Mary J.
My most romantic Hawaii memory happened in 2004. My husband and I had planned and saved for a trip to Maui. We were to visit in early June. It was to be a late birthday present as well as a early anniversary trip. In April I wasdiagonsed with breast cancer and was scheduled for surgery for mid-May. After the surgery and a couple of weeks of recuperation I was to begin my treatments. We decided that we would postpone the trip and at least get back some of the money. After consultations with the radiologist and surgeon, they informed me that it was safe to take the vacation but to take it easy and the treatments would begin the day after we returned. Needless to say, this was a very stressful time for us any my family. So, we arrived in Maui and drove to the Sheraton and while I got some rest, my husband explored the nearby Whalers Village. The next day we visited the Whalers Village together and browsed a couple of jewelry stores where my husband pointed out some items. I thought the items were gorgeous but thought nothing of it at the time. A couple of days later we took the excursion for the Road to Hana. Once we reached the very top of the island and left the bus to take in the gorgeous and breathtaking view, but husband took my hand and lead me away from the others in in group. As we held hands and looked at the view he reached in his pocket and took out a Plumeria bracelet and necklace and gave it to me and said, that no matter what, we were going to get through my cancer battle together and that he would always love me. He also said that the gifts were to symbolize our commitment to one another and the beginning of a new chapter in our marriage.
Unfortunately, a few years later the jewelry was stolen during a home invasion but I have the memory of that day that will last me forever. I am also happy to say that I am now a 7 year survivor and although there have been some scares during that time, my husband has been there through it all.
- From $1,189 - Island Hopping: Maui & Kauai, 6 Nights w/Air, Hotel, Transfers & Daily Breakfast
- From $1115 - Oahu & Maui Island Hopping 6 Nights Incl. Air, Transfers & Daily Breakfast. Choose your favorite hotel for your stay!
- Get a bird's eye view of Haleakala crater! Maui helicopter tours from $149
- Experience the REAL Hawaii with Blue Hawaiian Helicopters. Tours from $149
- Room, Breakfast, & Car Package at Royal Lahaina Resort from $224 per night
- From $1,655 - Big Island + Kauai + Maui Island Hopping Trip: 9 Nights Incl. Air, Transfers, Hotels, Breakfast & Taxes
- Kaanapali Beach Hotel - 5 night Romance Package just $2095
- Aston at The Whaler on Kaanapali Beach - $299
- Aston Maui Kaanapali Villas - $219
- Experience the beauty of Maui from horseback.
Hawaiian Airlines: Special Offers
- Splash into Summer at Aston Hotels from $99!
- Find your flippers… dive into great deals on Hawaii packages, hotels and cruises!
- $909+ Hawaii Trips w/Air & FREE Convertible, SUV or Minivan
- Over 35 Oahu attractions & activities, 1 LOW PRICE! Save up to 55% now!
- Na Pali Coast, Waimea Canyon, and
- Save 25% on your Maui Condo when you add a car to your reservation!
- Royal Experience Package at Royal Kona Resort from $229/nt