Finalist Entry - Barbara G.
One tender reason, for me, was for the longtime memories I have of Lawai Road. For I used to live in a cute little home right there just steps away from the restaurant, where Lawai condos now are located. The banyantree in the back was in our back yard growing up, before a hurricane damaged that home beyond repair. The sunsets there at that little shore are some of the best enjoyed on any of the islands, and a sunset was a must for this anniversary. This day, August 13, 2011 was no exception. . .it was beautiful as ever as we looked into each other’s eyes and said our many thanks to the fabulous 40 years we have been able to journey together. The monk seals looked on with their sleepy expression, they knew this was the real thing. “The kind that memories are made from” and passed down through generations from our two wonderful children and their children. The breezes were blowing and we could now feel the warmth of the sun splashing on our cheeks as we toasted the moment. All around us clapped and as our waiter opened that special bottle of wine, the one that can only lift your spirits when you are already feeling like that blushing bride once again. You are sure that it was just yesterday that those vows were exchanged along with shiny rings and expectations to last a lifetime. As we reflect back we realize that the years have flown by with the speed of adventures, and yet crawled with the essence of time. All we have shared has brought us to this moment, this perfect moment, this perfect day, how would we ever be able to can it all up and tap when times are not as glowing. Our photographer then motions to us to step out on the lawn to catch us a glow with this Poipu sunset. We traveled from Idaho just to catch this near perfect evening, if our friends and family could share this with us they would remember this a lifetime as well. But for us, this was our moment, our photo to stop time and grab on! The shutter snapped, and snapped again, and once again. And, there it was . . . all we had dreamed about. It was not a Friday the thirteenth as it had that August summer 40 years ago, but just as majestic and just as endearing. Ours as we have done each month for the past 40 years, it was the celebrating of our 480th anniversary! …how is that all possible? With love.
- Aston Kaanapali Shores - $219
- Aston at the Maui Banyan - $139
- Aston Mahana at Kaanapali - $256
- Aston Maui Kaanapali Villas - $219
- Add a little adventure to your vacation - Maui Zipline Tours
- Aston Paki Maui - $149
- From $1377 - Hyatt Hotel in Maui 5-Night Package incl. Airfare, Hyatt Hotel Stay, Breakfast & Taxes
- Royal Experience Package at Royal Lahaina Resort from $318/nt
- From $1145 - 6 Nights Island Hopping: Big Island & Maui w/Air, Hotel & Breakfast. Spend 3 Nights in each island.
- $1,019+ Sheraton Maui Resort & Spa: 3 nights w/Air and FREE Hertz Convertible, Minivan, Jeep or SUV! Plus kids 17 and younger stay FREE!
Hawaiian Airlines: Special Offers
- Na Pali Coast, Waimea Canyon, and
- Find your flippers… dive into great deals on Hawaii packages, hotels and cruises!
- Royal Experience Package at Royal Kona Resort from $229/nt
- $775+ Hawaii Trips w/Air & FREE Convertible, SUV or Minivan
- Splash into Summer at Aston Hotels from $99!
- Over 35 Oahu attractions & activities, 1 LOW PRICE! Save up to 55% now!
- Save 25% on your Maui Condo when you add a car to your reservation!