5th Annual Wailea Food & Wine Celebration
By Caroline Wright
If the sound of a cork being released from a bottle rings in your ears like church bells, calling you to come and take part in the celebration, then the 5th Annual Wailea Food & Wine Celebration is goingto be music to your ears, and pure joy to your palate.
More than two hundred wines from Chambers and Chambers Wine Merchants will be available for tasting, as will culinary masterpieces prepared by chefs from some of Maui’s finest restaurants and schools. With only 250 tickets available, this works out to more wine than you can possibly sample in one evening. Mark your calendars for Friday, November 18 from 5:30-8:30 p.m., and purchase tickets right away in order to secure a place at the festival table!
Vineyards and wineries are not just represented in the glasses. Many vintners from the West Coast and Europe will attend the celebration in person, including representatives from Grgich Hills Estate, Jordan Winery, Justin Vineyards & Winery, Shafer Vineyards, Peter Michael Winery, Pahlmeyer, Paul Hobbs Winery, Ramey Wine Cellars, Bergstrom Winery, and Turley Wine Cellars.
With all this fantastic wine, you’ll certainly need something delightful to eat! Chefs from Capische?, Five Palms Restaurant, Spago Maui, Cuatro, Three’s Bar & Grill, and Maui Culinary Academy will cook for this celebration, which stands out among food events for the quality and care that chefs can apply to their creations with a smaller crowd to serve. More of a fine dining experience than other food happenings of its kind, the festival’s theme is Liula i Wailea (Twilight at Wailea), and takes place at the Hotel Wailea’s Anuhea Room. In this intimate setting, there are no long queues, and nothing between you and the best of the best of Maui’s chefs, the glitterati of the local art community, and some of the worlds’ finest wine producers.
The Hui No'eau Visual Arts Center and their programs, which provide visual arts education for Maui, are the beneficiaries of this event. The highlight is an auction featuring items which match the artistic and delicious tone of the celebration, including a four-course dinner for 18 at Hui Noeau’s Kaluanui Estate, prepared by Jennifer Evetushick of Haliimaile General Store, with wine pairings provided by Chambers and Chambers.
A good cause makes it all the sweeter: $100 of the $150 ticket price is tax-deductible. Don’t forget to invite a designated driver!
|Date(s)/Time:||Friday, November 18, 2011, 5:30-8:30pm|
|Location:||Hotel Wailea’s Anuhea Room, 555 Kaukahi Street, Wailea|
|Cost:||$150 ($100 tax-deductible)|
|Who Will Love This:
Oenophiles, foodies, locavores
Hui No'eau Food and Wine Celebration—Wailea, Maui
Kruzin with Uncle Boy 2nd Annual Wailea Food Wine Celebration 2007
- Aston Kaanapali Shores - $219
- Aston at Papakea Resort - $186
- Kaanapali Beach Hotel - 4 night Best of the Beach package just $1415
- Aston Maui Hill - $199
- Room & Breakfast Package at Royal Lahaina Resort from $201 per night
- Maui snorkel adventures: Molokini, Turtle Town, and more!
- 7 Night Romantic Maui Getaway Package from $1764, incl. condo, car, massage, luau, & more!
- Take a guided kayak tour in Maui's pristine waters.
- Add a little adventure to your vacation - Maui Zipline Tours
- You must do a LUAU! Fire knife dancers, hula dancers, mai tais, lots of food, and more! Pick one here.
Hawaiian Airlines: Special Offers
- Splash into Summer at Aston Hotels from $99!
- Na Pali Coast, Waimea Canyon, and
- Save 25% on your Maui Condo when you add a car to your reservation!
- Over 35 Oahu attractions & activities, 1 LOW PRICE! Save up to 55% now!
- Royal Experience Package at Royal Kona Resort from $229/nt
- $775+ Hawaii Trips w/Air & FREE Convertible, SUV or Minivan
- Find your flippers… dive into great deals on Hawaii packages, hotels and cruises!