Point Panic Music Festival
Featuring Sublime with Rome and Special Guests Pepper, Iration & Dub Trio
By Caroline Wright
If you are thirsty for “40 oz. of freedom,” get your tickets and plan to be at Honolulu’s Kakaako Waterfront Park on Saturday, November 19, 2011, to soak up some ska-liciousness from a hot handful of rock, ska, dub, andreggae bands. Produced by BAMP Project (Hawaii's hottest new concert production company) in partnership with California-based Guerilla Union, the Point Panic Music Festival will feature Sublime with Rome. The immensely popular California ska punk act has sold almost 20 million albums worldwide with recent tunes like “Panic” and “Lovers Rock,” and from the 1990’s, “Smoke Two Joints,” “Doing Time,” “What I Got,” and “Santeria.”
Served up with a dubstep appetizer and a side of reggae sauce, this is a can’t-miss event with a magical lineup. The headlining band, Sublime with Rome (from California), the Dub Trio (from New York, in their first island appearance) and Hawaii’s own local sensations Pepper and Iration will keep you jammin’ all night long at the beautiful amphitheater at Kakaako Waterfront Park.
Hawaii's own Pepper comes home to the islands to play with independent sales of more than half a million albums and appearances on the soundtracks of Forgetting Sarah Marshall and Good Luck Chuck, plus a variety of television shows and video game soundtracks. Iration, another Hawaii band, has also earned national fame, appearing on the same bill as Pepper, Steel Pulse, Shwayze, and George Clinton.
Straight out of Brooklyn, Dub Trio is presently touring with Dillinger Escape Plan and Flogging Molly, and as backing band for Matisyahu. They’ve recorded with 50 Cent, Mos Def, Common, the Fugees, Tupac and others.
General Admission tickets are for all ages with open lawn seating, food and beverage areas (including bars) and porta-potties, and the festival is free for kids under 3. VIP ticket holders will enjoy expedited entry to the show, plus exclusive access to an area right in front of the stage, private porta-potties, and a bar. Best of all, food provided by Wahoo’s Fish Tacos is included in VIP tickets. NO outside beverages or food, coolers, umbrellas, SLR cameras or chairs are allowed (backrests are permitted). The show will be held rain or shine!
A second show with the same lineup will take place at the Maui Arts and Cultural Center the very next day--Sunday, November 20--providing diehard fans with the opportunity to double their fun.
|Date(s)/Time:||Saturday, November 19, 2011, gate opens at 4 p.m.; bands start at 5:30 p.m.|
Kakaako Beach Park Amphitheater, 677 Ala Moana Blvd., Honolulu
|Cost:||General Admission/$45, VIP: $120 (over 21 only)|
|Who Will Love This:
Fans of featured bands; fans of ska, dub, rock, and reggae
VIDEO AND LINKS
Sublime with Rome
Pepper (from Kailua-Kona)
Iration (from Hawaii)
- Sunset cocktail/dinner cruises from $30!
- Take a guided kayak tour in Maui's pristine waters.
- Room, Breakfast, & Car Package at Royal Lahaina Resort from $224 per night
- Kaanapali Beach Hotel - Best Rate Guarantee!
- 7 Night Romantic Maui Getaway Package from $1764, incl. condo, car, massage, luau, & more!
- See the most popular activities on Maui!
- From $1377 - Hyatt Hotel in Maui 5-Night Package incl. Airfare, Hyatt Hotel Stay, Breakfast & Taxes
- From $1,545 - 9 Nights Island Hopping: Oahu, Kauai & Maui w/Air, Hotel & Breakfast. Spend 3 Nights in each island.
- Room & Car Package at Royal Lahaina Resort from $204 per night
- The Plantation Inn, Maui's Premier Bed & Breakfast - $196 (save over 20%!)
Hawaiian Airlines: Special Offers
- Royal Experience Package at Royal Kona Resort from $229/nt
- Find your flippers… dive into great deals on Hawaii packages, hotels and cruises!
- Splash into Summer at Aston Hotels from $99!
- Na Pali Coast, Waimea Canyon, and
- Save 25% on your Maui Condo when you add a car to your reservation!
- $909+ Hawaii Trips w/Air & FREE Convertible, SUV or Minivan
- Over 35 Oahu attractions & activities, 1 LOW PRICE! Save up to 55% now!