Called Maha'ulepu, this 2,900-acre wilderness area is really a living museum, populated with rare plants and endangered animals. As if Maha'ulepu's geological and cultural significance were not enough, it’s also a place of scenic beauty where you can snorkel in Kawailoa Bay or swim at Ha`ula Beach,a 10-minute walk over an old lava field. The lumbering Hawaiian Monk Seal, a critically endangered species, makes frequent visits to this coastal area.
Polihale, an uncommonly beautiful beach on Kauai’s west side, hugs the shore below steep mounds of blazing sand dunes and is framed by the cliffs at the west edge of the Na Pali Coast. Known for its 17-mile stretch of golden sand beach and hot cloudless days.
Air traffic, in and out of Kilauea Point Wildlife Refuge, is brisk. The refuge is a regular stop on the flight path of the largest colony of seabirds in the main Hawaiian Islands. Big and easy to spot, they’re a bird watcher’s delight.
Waimea Canyon is a geological wonder located in plain sight along the road to Koke`e State Park. Approximately 10 miles long and 3,000-feet deep, the canyon was formed by a deep incision created by the Waimea River and arising from extreme rainfall on the island’s central peak—Mt. Wai`ale`ale, which is among the wettest places on earth.
Spouting Horn is dual-lava tube breathes air making an eerie dragon sound while the other tube shoots a powerful spray of salt water. The tubes are set about 10 feet from the shoreline and on large south-swell days, the spray can exceed 30 feet.
- Experience the REAL Hawaii with Blue Hawaiian Helicopters. Tours from $149
- From $1,129 - Island Hopping: Maui & Kauai, 6 Nights w/Air, Hotel, Transfers & Daily Breakfast
- Midsize car rental on Kauai from $249/wk
- $785+ Sheraton Kauai Resort Vacations w/Air and FREE Hertz Convertible, Minivan, Jeep or SUV! Kids 17 & younger stay FREE.
- From $1,159 - 8 Nt. Oahu & Kauai Vacation w/Air, Hotel, Transfer & Taxes
- Experience the beauty of Kauai from horseback.
- From $1,535 - Kauai Hyatt Hotel 5-Night Package w/Airfare, Hyatt Hotel Stay, Breakfast & Taxes
- Ready to get dirty? ATV tours on Kauai.
- Standard car rental on Kauai from $251/wk
- Take a guided kayak tour in Kauai's pristine waters.
Hawaiian Airlines: Special Offers
- $785+ Hawaii Trips w/Air & FREE Convertible, SUV or Minivan
- Na Pali Coast, Waimea Canyon, and "Jurassic Park Falls" views with Blue Hawaiian Helicopters!
- Secluded Maui beach resort, free car, dining credits & more
- 5th Night FREE at Maui and Kauai condos. Book Now!
- Over 35 Oahu attractions & activities, 1 LOW PRICE! Save up to 55% now!