Somewhere out there, thousands of 40-ton humpback whales are making their way to Kauai. Early arrivals are usually spotted in September and October. By Christmas, they’re a lot more visible.
Remember that whale sighting takes patience and despite the enormity of their 42- to 45-foot bodiesand 15-foot pectoral fins, the ocean provides a pretty good cover. But these super-sized marine mammals can’t hide for long because, to survive, they have to breathe. And when a whale breathes, it can’t help but blow its cover.
Kauai tour boats and rafting companies make it their business to know where to spot whales. At the peak of the season, sightings are usually guaranteed.
- $565+ Hawaii 3-Night Vacations with Air – FREE Hertz mid-size rental!
- Volcano Value Rates at Royal Kona Resort from $129
- Hilton Hawaii Deals - starting at just $169
- $809+ Kauai Marriott Resort on Kalapaki Beach: 3 nights with Air. Includes FREE Hertz mid-size rental PLUS kids 17 and younger stay FREE.
- Luau, dinner cruise, snorkel and more! Book all your activities in one place
- Kauai condos from $106! Save 20%!
- $675+ Outrigger Kiahuna Plantation: 3-night 1 BR Condo with Air. Includes FREE Hertz mid-size rental, FREE parking PLUS Kids 17 & younger stay FREE.
- Guaranteed cheap car rental rates with national rental companies
- $725+ Koloa Landing Resort: 3-night 1 BR Condo with Air. Includes FREE Hertz mid-size rental PLUS kids 17 & younger stay FREE.
- From $985 - Island Hopping: Maui & Kauai, 6 Nights w/Air, Hotel, Transfers & Daily Breakfast
- From $1,005 - 8 Nt. Oahu & Kauai Vacation w/Air, Hotel, Transfer & Taxes
- Kauai Condo/Car Packages from as low as $129!
- Save 20% on your Kauai Vacation Condo
Hawaiian Airlines: Special Offers