Somewhere out there, thousands of 40-ton humpback whales are making their way to Kauai. Early arrivals are usually spotted in September and October. By Christmas, they’re a lot more visible.
Remember that whale sighting takes patience and despite the enormity of their 42- to 45-foot bodiesand 15-foot pectoral fins, the ocean provides a pretty good cover. But these super-sized marine mammals can’t hide for long because, to survive, they have to breathe. And when a whale breathes, it can’t help but blow its cover.
Kauai tour boats and rafting companies make it their business to know where to spot whales. At the peak of the season, sightings are usually guaranteed.
- Kaanapali Beach Hotel - 5 night Romance Package just $2095
- $909+ Hawaii Trips w/Air & FREE Convertible, SUV or Minivan
- Over 35 Oahu attractions & activities, 1 LOW PRICE! Save up to 55% now!
- Aloha Special Rates at Royal Lahaina Resort from $169/night
- Meet a Dolphin Face-to-Face with Dolphin Quest Hawaii
- $1,105+ Sheraton Kauai Resort Vacations w/Air and FREE Hertz Convertible, Minivan, Jeep or SUV! Kids 17 & younger stay FREE.
- Save 25% on your Kauai Vacation Condo
- Experience the beauty of Kauai from horseback.
- Add a little adventure to your vacation - Kauai Zipline Tours
- From $1480 - Kauai Hyatt Hotel 5-Night Package w/Airfare, Hyatt Hotel Stay, Breakfast & Taxes
- From $1,545 - 9 Nights Island Hopping: Oahu, Kauai & Maui w/Air, Hotel & Breakfast. Spend 3 Nights in each island.
- Sunset cocktail/dinner cruises of Na Pali Coast.
- Take a guided kayak tour in Kauai's pristine waters.
- Aston at Poipu Kai - $155
- $675+ Kauai Vacations- 3 nights w/air. Get a FREE one-category upgrade when you book a Hertz rental.
Hawaiian Airlines: Special Offers