Somewhere out there, thousands of 40-ton humpback whales are making their way to Kauai. Early arrivals are usually spotted in September and October. By Christmas, they’re a lot more visible.
Remember that whale sighting takes patience and despite the enormity of their 42- to 45-foot bodiesand 15-foot pectoral fins, the ocean provides a pretty good cover. But these super-sized marine mammals can’t hide for long because, to survive, they have to breathe. And when a whale breathes, it can’t help but blow its cover.
Kauai tour boats and rafting companies make it their business to know where to spot whales. At the peak of the season, sightings are usually guaranteed.
- Free Unlimited Golf in October at Turtle Bay this Golftober.
- $639+ Hawaii January Sale –$100 off + FREE Convertible, SUV or Minivan Rental
- Come be a part of history – VIP access is only the beginning
- Luau, dinner cruise, snorkel and more! Book all your activities in one place
- From $1,041 - 8 Nt. Oahu & Kauai Vacation w/Air, Hotel, Transfer & Taxes
- From $1,340 - Big Island + Kauai + Maui Island Hopping Trip: 9 Nights Incl. Air, Transfers, Hotels, Breakfast & Taxes
- From $968 - Island Hopping: Maui & Kauai, 6 Nights w/Air, Hotel, Transfers & Daily Breakfast
- $629+ Aston Aloha Beach Hotel: 3 nights with air. Includes $100 off and FREE parking PLUS kids 12 and younger stay, play and eat FREE.
- $715+ Kauai January Sale: Get $100 off + FREE Convertible, SUV, Minivan or Luxury Car Rental
- Save 25% on your Kauai Vacation Condo
- From $1,339 - Kauai Hyatt Hotel 5-Night Package w/Airfare, Hyatt Hotel Stay, Breakfast & Taxes
- Come and be part of history at surfing’s ultimate experience with one of our special package offers. VIP access is only the beginning...
- $719+ Sheraton Kauai Resort: 3 nights with Air. Includes $100 off PLUS kids 17 and younger stay FREE.
Hawaiian Airlines: Special Offers