Somewhere out there, thousands of 40-ton humpback whales are making their way to Kauai. Early arrivals are usually spotted in September and October. By Christmas, they’re a lot more visible.
Remember that whale sighting takes patience and despite the enormity of their 42- to 45-foot bodiesand 15-foot pectoral fins, the ocean provides a pretty good cover. But these super-sized marine mammals can’t hide for long because, to survive, they have to breathe. And when a whale breathes, it can’t help but blow its cover.
Kauai tour boats and rafting companies make it their business to know where to spot whales. At the peak of the season, sightings are usually guaranteed.
- Hilton Hawaii Deals - starting at just $169
- Volcano Value Rates at Royal Kona Resort from $129
- $579+ Hawaii 3 nights with Air & FREE fullsize Car
- Kaanapali Beach Hotel - 4 night Best of the Beach package just $1385
- Discount Hawaii Car Rental - Jeeps, exotic cars, motorcycles, and more!
- Free additional driver with Discount Hawaii Car Rental
- Save up to 50% on your car rental with major USA car companies - Discount Hawaii Car Rental
- Save 25% on your Kauai Vacation Condo
- Kauai Beach Resort - monthly art & wine events and free airport and golf shuttle - $119
- From $1,153 - 8 Nt. Oahu & Kauai Vacation w/Air, Hotel, Transfer & Taxes
- Stay at the Kauai Sands Hotel - Hawaii's Best Oceanfront Value - $79
- From $836 - Oahu & Kauai Island Hopping 6 Nights Incl. Air, Transfers & Daily Breakfast. Choose your favorite hotel for your stay!
- $929+ Koloa Landing Resort: 3-night One-Bedroom with air and Car. Includes FREE fullsize car rental PLUS kids 17 and younger stay FREE.
- Discount Hawaii Car Rental - guaranteed reservations, no deposit, cancel anytime.
Hawaiian Airlines: Special Offers