Somewhere out there, thousands of 40-ton humpback whales are making their way to Kauai. Early arrivals are usually spotted in September and October. By Christmas, they’re a lot more visible.
Remember that whale sighting takes patience and despite the enormity of their 42- to 45-foot bodiesand 15-foot pectoral fins, the ocean provides a pretty good cover. But these super-sized marine mammals can’t hide for long because, to survive, they have to breathe. And when a whale breathes, it can’t help but blow its cover.
Kauai tour boats and rafting companies make it their business to know where to spot whales. At the peak of the season, sightings are usually guaranteed.
- Aloha Special Reduced Rates starting at $149/night
- Kaanapali Beach Hotel - 3-night Whale Encounter Package from $878
- $505+ Hawaii Vacations: 3-Night with Air & FREE Midsize Car Rental
- Swim with dolphins without the crowds!
- From $959 - Island Hopping: Maui & Kauai, 6 Nights w/Air, Hotel, Taxes, Transfers & Daily Breakfast
- Kauai Beach Resort - monthly art & wine events and free airport and golf shuttle - $119
- $559+ Plantation Hale Suites: 3 nights with Air and FREE Midsize Car Rental, FREE parking PLUS kids 17 & under stay FREE.
- From $1,308 - Kauai, Kona & Hilo Beach & Volcano 6 -Night Trip w/Air, Car Rental & Hotels
- $715+ Sheraton Kauai Resort: 3 nights with Air and FREE Midsize Car Rental PLUS kids 17 & younger stay FREE.
- Save up to 15% on your Kauai Vacation Condo
- From $989 - 8 Nt. Oahu & Kauai Vacation w/Air, Hotel, Transfer, Breakfast, & Taxes
- From $969 - Oahu & Kauai Island Hopping 6 Nights Incl. Air, Transfers, Breakfast, & Taxes. Choose your favorite hotel for your stay!
- From $1,597 - Kauai Hyatt Hotel 5-Night Package w/Airfare, Hyatt Hotel Stay, Breakfast & Taxes
- From $1,107 - Big Island + Kauai + Maui Island Hopping Trip: 9 Nights Incl. Air, Transfers, Hotels, Breakfast & Taxes
Hawaiian Airlines: Special Offers