Somewhere out there, thousands of 40-ton humpback whales are making their way to Kauai. Early arrivals are usually spotted in September and October. By Christmas, they’re a lot more visible.
Remember that whale sighting takes patience and despite the enormity of their 42- to 45-foot bodiesand 15-foot pectoral fins, the ocean provides a pretty good cover. But these super-sized marine mammals can’t hide for long because, to survive, they have to breathe. And when a whale breathes, it can’t help but blow its cover.
Kauai tour boats and rafting companies make it their business to know where to spot whales. At the peak of the season, sightings are usually guaranteed.
- Secluded Maui beach resort, free car, dining credits & more
- Na Pali Coast, Waimea Canyon, and "Jurassic Park Falls" views with Blue Hawaiian Helicopters!
- Over 35 Oahu attractions & activities, 1 LOW PRICE! Save up to 55% now!
- 5th Night FREE at Maui and Kauai condos. Book Now!
- $785+ Hawaii Trips w/Air & FREE Convertible, SUV or Minivan
- Add a Car to your Kauai Condo rental for as low as $24/day!
- See the most popular activities on Kauai!
- From $1,375 - 9 Nights Island Hopping: Oahu, Kauai & Maui w/Air, Hotel & Breakfast. Spend 3 Nights in each island.
- Kauai sightseeing tours - let someone else do the driving.
- Sunset cocktail/dinner cruises of Na Pali Coast.
- To truly experience Hawaii, you must see it from above! Blue Hawaiian Helicopter tours from $149
- $1,035+ Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort and Spa: 3-nights pool view w/Air. Kids 18 & under stay FREE plus get a FREE one-category upgrade on a Hertz rental!
- Get a bird's eye view of Na Pali Coast! Kauai helicopter tours from $211
- Kauai Condo/Car Packages from as low as $141!
- Ready to get dirty? ATV tours on Kauai.
Hawaiian Airlines: Special Offers