Somewhere out there, thousands of 40-ton humpback whales are making their way to Kauai. Early arrivals are usually spotted in September and October. By Christmas, they’re a lot more visible.
Remember that whale sighting takes patience and despite the enormity of their 42- to 45-foot bodiesand 15-foot pectoral fins, the ocean provides a pretty good cover. But these super-sized marine mammals can’t hide for long because, to survive, they have to breathe. And when a whale breathes, it can’t help but blow its cover.
Kauai tour boats and rafting companies make it their business to know where to spot whales. At the peak of the season, sightings are usually guaranteed.
- Kaanapali Beach Hotel - 4-night Romance Package just $1709
- Na Pali Coast, Waimea Canyon, and 'Jurassic Park Falls' views with Blue Hawaiian Helicopters!
- Over 35 Oahu attractions & activities, 1 LOW PRICE! Save up to 55% now!
- Save up to 40% plus complimentary breakfast at Starwood Resorts in Hawaii!
- $539+ Hawaii Winter Vacation Sale: 3 nights with air!
- $539+ Kauai Vacations- 3 nights w/air and FREE one-category Hertz Rental Upgrade.
- Free additional driver with Discount Hawaii Car Rental
- Add a little adventure to your vacation - Kauai Zipline Tours
- You must do a LUAU! Fire knife dancers, hula dancers, mai tais, lots of food, and more! Pick one here.
- 5th Night Free at beautiful oceanfront Kauai condos
- $539+ Aston Aloha Beach Hotel: 3-night Ocean View w/Air and FREE one-category Hertz Rental Upgrade. Kids 12 & younger stay, play and eat FREE.
- Experience the REAL Hawaii with Blue Hawaiian Helicopters. Tours from $149
- Take a guided kayak tour in Kauai's pristine waters.
- From $1,675 - Big Island + Kauai + Maui Island Hopping Trip: 9 Nights Incl. Air, Transfers, Hotels, Breakfast & Taxes
- Discount Hawaii Car Rental - guaranteed reservations, no deposit, cancel anytime.
Hawaiian Airlines: Special Offers