Windsurfing and Kiteboarding
From the technological advances of windsurfing, paragliding and wakeboarding has come a hot, new watersport called kiteboarding. This is an extreme sport that takes wind, guts, the right equipment and a lot of practice. Maha'ulepu, the last undevelopedshoreline on Kauai's southern coast in Po’ipu, is much more than an exquisite beach and favorite windsurfing spot. Kiteboarders are often seen at Fuji (Baby) Beach in Kapa`a, at Wailua Beach and at Hanalei Bay on the North Shore. Lessons and equipment are available at schools throughout the island.
You can paddle a kayak in the ocean at places all over Hawaii, and on Kauai you can also kayak a river. Even more than that, you can paddle the path of the ancients. Paddling a kayak up the Wailua River is more than a pleasant diversion.
The easy 4-mile paddle and 2-mile hike to Uluwehi, or Secret Falls, is a popular trip that is available year-round. Paddlers can rent kayaks and navigate on their own or sign up for a guided tour.
For some waters ports enthusiasts, Kauai's Na Pali coast is considered the Everest of sea kayaking. The 17-mile voyage passes soaring cliffs, valleys ripe with guava and mangos, sea caves and waterfalls. When giant winter waves make kayaking the Na Pali Coast treacherous, most tour providers take their tours to the South Shore where the waters are calmer.
- From $975 9 Nights Island Hopping: Oahu, Kauai & Maui w/Air, Hotel & Breakfast. Spend 3 Nights in each island.
- $1,245+ Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort & Spa: 3 nights w/Air and Midsize Car Rental PLUS kids 18 and younger stay FREE.
- $559+ Plantation Hale Suites: 3 nights with Air and FREE Midsize Car Rental, FREE parking PLUS kids 17 & under stay FREE.
- $559+ Kauai 3 nights with Air and Car. Includes FREE Midsize Car Rental.
- $715+ Sheraton Kauai Resort: 3 nights with Air and FREE Midsize Car Rental PLUS kids 17 & younger stay FREE.
- Save up to 15% on your Kauai Vacation Condo
- Kauai Beach Resort - monthly art & wine events and free airport and golf shuttle - $119
- From $1,597 - Kauai Hyatt Hotel 5-Night Package w/Airfare, Hyatt Hotel Stay, Breakfast & Taxes
- Stay at the Kauai Sands Hotel - Hawaii's Best Oceanfront Value - $79
- From $959 - Island Hopping: Maui & Kauai, 6 Nights w/Air, Hotel, Taxes, Transfers & Daily Breakfast
Hawaiian Airlines: Special Offers
- Swim with dolphins without the crowds!
- $505+ Hawaii Vacations: 3-Night with Air & FREE Midsize Car Rental
- Kaanapali Beach Hotel - 3-night Whale Encounter Package from $878
- Aloha Special Reduced Rates starting at $149/night