Beneath the waters that lap at Kauai’s shores is a teeming marine environment with a rich store of secrets available only to folks who find ways to get down under. Here scuba divers will find living coral reefs, sea caves, large varieties of exotic fish and sea turtles.
Water temperatures range from 72 degrees in winter to the low 80s in the summer, and visibility is generally good.
You can set out on your own or book a trip with one of the island's scuba diving operators. Most offer small-group tours and a variety of courses, including beginner instruction.
- courtesy of 101 Things To Do
|Be Safe in Kauai's Waters||Exploring Na Pali Coast with Kauai Sea Tours|
|Go SCUBA Diving||Safety Tips for Snorkeling|
|Sail and Snorkel Off the Niihau Coast|
- $615+ Hawaii 5-Night Vacations with Air & Car: Includes $500 Air Credit per Booking!
- Volcano Value Rates at Royal Kona Resort from $129
- Hilton Hawaii Deals - starting at just $169
- Luau, dinner cruise, snorkel and more! Book all your activities in one place
- $705+ Sheraton Kauai Resort: 3 nights with Air. Enjoy unspoiled white-sand beaches and breathtaking sunsets. Kids 17 & younger stay FREE.
- Guaranteed cheap car rental rates with national rental companies
- Discount Hawaii Car Rental - Jeeps, exotic cars, motorcycles, and more!
- Stay at the Kauai Sands Hotel - Hawaii's Best Oceanfront Value - $79
- From $1,345 - Kauai Hyatt Hotel 5-Night Package w/Airfare, Hyatt Hotel Stay, Breakfast & Taxes
- $1,049+ Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort & Spa: 3 nights w/Air. Includes FREE Hertz mid-size rental PLUS Kids 18 & younger stay FREE.
- $669+ Aqua Kauai Beach Resort: 3 nights with Air. Includes FREE Hertz mid-size rental PLUS kids 17 & younger stay FREE.
- Kauai condos from $106! Save 20%!
- From $985 - 8 Nt. Oahu & Kauai Vacation w/Air, Hotel, Transfer & Taxes
Hawaiian Airlines: Special Offers